JW and Jerome's Adventure on The Norwegian Escape

Our waiter in Cagney's on the Sky last week used the crumber, and I believe at least one of our wait staff in the MDRs one night used it, too.

Thoroughly enjoying your review! I love your sense of humor and way of storytelling. We sailed the Escape twice, so your review is taking me back. Thanks for doing it!

Yes folks, Jerome and I are back from our Norwegian sailing and this time, we had an awesome experience on the brand new Norwegian Escape. Oh my gosh, here we are, once again, on the High Seas with a rip roaring, side splitting, fun and raucous, upcoming story of our Adventures. We Escape'd and we are back! So many new characters, so many hilarious situations.

To get everyone started, here is a small video of our "Secret" Mini Suite with Extra Large Balcony, cabin 8120:

We have so many adventurous stories to tell and we really tried to be incognito on this sailing, but were quickly found out by NCL, as they too remembered our disastrous sailing on The Norwegian Epic, (Thanksgiving 2012) which because of, we vowed never to return to Norwegian.................but hey, Never say Never, right? I am sure glad we did. After 45 cruises, this being our 46th, it is hands down our Number One cruise of our lifetime, being the best cruise of all.

So stay tuned. There will be loads of fun beginning soon. Hold on to your hats and don't drink coffee or soda while reading our stories, because I promise you will spray it out all over the keyboard, especially if you are reading Cruise Critic at work!:eek:

Before we do begin, as always, my dearest thanks go out to Carolyn Spencer Brown and Laura Sterling from Cruise Critic, who continue to make this all possible. We Love you Carolyn and Laura!

Thank you to Sean the Hotel Director and Martin the Food and Beverage Director and the rest of the fantastic Officers from the Norwegian Escape:

13434703_10205428152218043_7848303214847872473_n.jpg?oh=4b4d6179972258572938ab3ba8293d2d&oe=57CB0A06

Jerome and JW,

Missed you on the Harmony, June 7. Was not able to meet up with anyone on the Role Call. Glad to see you are back on the high seas...What about the wedding? Recovered from the accident?

Look forward to meeting you somewhere on a future sailing.

Paul and William

Jerome and JW,

Missed you on the Harmony, June 7. Was not able to meet up with anyone on the Role Call. Glad to see you are back on the high seas...What about the wedding? Recovered from the accident?

Look forward to meeting you somewhere on a future sailing.

Paul and William

Jerome took me to recover on The Escape and I still was so upset, that even though we were assigned The Harmony, our accident prevented us from going on the Largest Ship in the world. I underwent back surgery and was thankfully able to overcome obstacles. Everyone who we knew on The Harmony ship's Inaugural, for our wedding, was sooooo happy we did not sail on her, so was Royal Caribbean. For example, our cabin would not have been ready for our sailing, and there were so many issues unresolved regarding our friend's cabins that Auntie JW would have lambasted the ship, it's services and participated in the American TV News of "Mutany Aboard the Seas". The press of the ship was unrelenting and the ship, should never have sailed. Our friends from London received an entire refund due to there was no mattress in their room, their toilet overflowed from the first moment they flushed poopy before embarkation and they had to be disembarked in Rome, after sleeping in crew quarters for the first two nights. I am soooo glad "The Mouth of The South" was not on that ship. Sorry, by the way, that the weather in Rome was so awful.

But yes, we were finally married in a subtle and very private ceremony, just us, prior to sailing on The Norwegian Escape. We lost our month long honeymoon and all the deposits for the wedding. Que-sera-serah!

A Disclaimer, because Jerome and I, being so well known around the globe for many reasons, we need to explain.

We were to be married in May, 2016, at Walt Disney World, in a big splashy incredible wedding that was ten years in the making. The wedding ceremony was to take place on the roof top of The Contemporary Hotel during the fireworks display, with a Todd English reception to follow. Everything was paid for and prepared.

Then we were to be married again, as a surprise on the High Seas, On The Harmony Of The Seas, just a purely ceremonial event, but to be gorgeous with all our friends from around the world attending. Didn't happen, unfortunately.

Jerome's father passed away suddenly earlier in the year, and then me, getting into a horrific car accident to which I was hospitalized for a month, it became impossible to have our newly "Legal" wedding ceremony take place as planned. I ultimately had two spinal surgeries and was told that I would never walk again.

Just so you all know, with God's help, I did fine. I was able to walk and sit, with some restrictions, not that anyone would know. I could walk again, that was important, thank you God, very much.

Don't ever tell JW that I can't do something, ever. I will prove anyone wrong. God takes care of me, no matter what. I believe in GOD, therefore I will.

Miracles do happen and I am a living Miracle.

This young girl was texting in her Daddy's Cadillac, and I was at a dead stop, up ahead of her, with my turn signal on. I was preparing to turn left, when suddenly and without warning, (at was a documented speed of at least 55 mph), this young lady, all the while texting, rear ended me and careened my car into someone's front yard, ultimately pinning me in my vehicle.

Those incredibly gorgeous Firemen Rescue Guys, these real Yummy Calendar Men, (Oh Grow Up! As Joan Rivers would have said) had to use their hot tools to extricate me from my car. Can you say "Happy New Year?" All I can remember was that I already died and went to Chippendale's Firemen Heaven. God Bless our Firefighter Calendars!

I was so delirious in pain and happy to be so Man-Handled...........(Oh come on, so would most of you!) that I have little recollection of the actual horrible accident, other than the pictures. Many of the Firefighters came to visit me at the hospital and told me that I was one of the "lucky 10 percent", as the accident could have gone so the other way, with me not surviving.:eek: They called me "The Miracle". Personally I dubbed myself "The Miracle Queen", just sayin' Mr Fireman, "Now please take your shirt off!". Who needs pain killers when you have six, seven and eight packs? Yes Jerome, you can call me "Slut" now.

I had not intended to mention this, or how important this cruise really was to me, but since it was brought up, and why we did not sail on the supposed Greatest and Largest Ship ever built in a day (The Harmony of The Seas Inaugural) for our wedding cruise, I guess that you all needed to know why we didn't, straight from me.

Karma is most certainly a Bische and I am grateful that she is. Thank you God and His Universe for all your blessings.

Edited by cruiseguys2009

A Disclaimer, because Jerome and I, being so well known around the globe for many reasons, we need to explain.

We were to be married in May, 2016, at Walt Disney World, in a big splashy incredible wedding that was ten years in the making. The wedding ceremony was to take place on the roof top of The Contemporary Hotel during the fireworks display, with a Todd English reception to follow. Everything was paid for and prepared.

Then we were to be married again, as a surprise on the High Seas, On The Harmony Of The Seas, just a purely ceremonial event, but to be gorgeous with all our friends from around the world attending. Didn't happen, unfortunately.

Jerome's father passed away suddenly earlier in the year, and then me, getting into a horrific car accident to which I was hospitalized for a month, it became impossible to have our newly "Legal" wedding ceremony take place as planned. I ultimately had two spinal surgeries and was told that I would never walk again.

Just so you all know, with God's help, I did fine. I was able to walk and sit, with some restrictions, not that anyone would know. I could walk again, that was important, thank you God, very much.

Don't ever tell JW that I can't do something, ever. I will prove anyone wrong. God takes care of me, no matter what. I believe in GOD, therefore I will.

This young girl was texting in her Daddy's Cadillac, and I was at a dead stop, up ahead of her, with my turn signal on. I was preparing to turn left, when suddenly and without warning, (at was a documented speed of at least 55 mph), this young lady, all the while texting, rear ended me and careened my car into someone's front yard, ultimately pinning me in my vehicle.

Those incredibly gorgeous Firemen Rescue Guys, these real Yummy Calendar Men, (Oh Grow Up! As Joan Rivers would have said) had to use their hot tools to extricate me from my car. Can you say "Happy New Year?" All I can remember was that I already died and went to Chippendale's Firemen Heaven. God Bless our Firefighter Calendars!

I was so delirious in pain and happy to be so Man-Handled...........(Oh come on, so would most of you!) that I have little recollection of the actual horrible accident, other than the pictures. Many of the Firefighters came to visit me at the hospital and told me that I was one of the "lucky 10 percent", as the accident could have gone so the other way, with me not surviving.:eek: They called me "The Miracle". Personally I dubbed myself "The Miracle Queen", just sayin' Mr Fireman, "Now please take your shirt off!". Who needs pain killers when you have six, seven and eight packs? Yes Jerome, you can call me "Slut" now.

I had not intended to mention this, or how important this cruise really was to me, but since it was brought up, and why we did not sail on the supposed Greatest and Largest Ship ever built in a day (The Harmony of The Seas Inaugural) for our wedding cruise, I guess that you all needed to know why we didn't, straight from me.

Karma is most certainly a Bische and I am grateful that she is. Thank you God and His Universe for all your blessings.

This is the first time I have every read a post by you. What a great person you are and now have opened my eyes to you and other people.

With Gods help you are a person everyone loves. Your writhing is so great and you as a person are great also. I was an asst manager for a chain rest for 3 years and yes I would do anything for the customer. An on any ship I wall always say THANK YOU. I have never been on a bad cruise as I make it my thing to never bitch about anything and at 77 life is to short on to enjoy what you have. God will take care of me just like he did for my daughter (at 38 an to young to go to see him and my wife is also with him) Keep up the great review and many more in the futcher. May you and your friend have many more years ahead.

As someone who has been studying Tort law all day I sincerely hope you are suing that girl! Glad to see that you are doing great. I love you attitude. My Nana was like that as well. She had the best attitude when she was battling cancer. Unfortunately she lost and even though she was my best friend I was somehow able to make it through my last year of law school. She is the person who took me on all my cruises so naturally my "bar trip" will be on a cruise. I'll be spreading some of her ashes on my trip. Someday I want to take a cruise that dips into Antarctica so I can scatter some of her ashes so she can have been to every continent.

Sorry for getting a bit emo, I am drinking vodka in spirit of this review.

P.S. I have been sending quotes from this as a way to induce my friend to come with me on my trip so thanks for that. I bet if I told her you were coming she would definitely go, so you guys should just change you date to July 31!

Taste

O

One thing I do miss, though, are the Table Crumber's (or scrapers) that the servers would carry and manicure/clean up the table after each course, removing salt, pepper, bread crumbs from the tablecloth. I would suspect that they may no longer be issued Crumber's as part of their Uniform, because in no Tableclothed restaurant we dined in, even the Specialty Le Bistro, were they ever utilized at our table. But then I could be incorrect, perhaps they have been eliminated as an old fashioned "Step of Service" now discarded. Or perhaps our service staff forgot to use them. I still use Crumber's in my Hotels. To me, it just is another "Dot" that connects and raises the level of service one more notch. One of those little unconscious surprises to a Guest, that perhaps is not necessary, but creates a truly fabulous elevated dining experience. It is not a deal breaker for me that they were not used, but disappointed that this tradition had perhaps gone by the wayside.

I must comment on the table crumbers. When I was a little girl, we often went to my grandfather and step-grandmother's house for dinner. She was fairly proper and always used a crumber on the table after dinner and before dessert. It was a little white box like item with the soft bristle brush inside and you'd sweep it along the table and get all the crumbs up. I loved it. And I was always so happy when they let me use it.

I've not seen ones like that, but instead I've seen stainless steel instruments that look sort of like a scraper (about the length of a pen, flat with a curved side) that the servers often use to clean up the crumbs before dessert. I'm always delighted to see them as it reminds me of when I was little.

I also want to commend the Marriott properties. I am both a Marriott and Hilton club member and go between the two when I travel. But this year, I've made it a priority to stay at Marriott properties when I can, and just cancelled a Hilton property reservation for next week in favor of an often stayed at Marriott property. I've found their staff to be friendly and professional and always makes our stay a great one.

Jerome took me to recover on The Escape and I still was so upset, that even though we were assigned The Harmony, our accident prevented us from going on the Largest Ship in the world. I underwent back surgery and was thankfully able to overcome obstacles. Everyone who we knew on The Harmony ship's Inaugural, for our wedding, was sooooo happy we did not sail on her, so was Royal Caribbean. For example, our cabin would not have been ready for our sailing, and there were so many issues unresolved regarding our friend's cabins that Auntie JW would have lambasted the ship, it's services and participated in the American TV News of "Mutany Aboard the Seas". The press of the ship was unrelenting and the ship, should never have sailed. Our friends from London received an entire refund due to there was no mattress in their room, their toilet overflowed from the first moment they flushed poopy before embarkation and they had to be disembarked in Rome, after sleeping in crew quarters for the first two nights. I am soooo glad "The Mouth of The South" was not on that ship. Sorry, by the way, that the weather in Rome was so awful.

But yes, we were finally married in a subtle and very private ceremony, just us, prior to sailing on The Norwegian Escape. We lost our month long honeymoon and all the deposits for the wedding. Que-sera-serah!

I'm so thankful that you were not more seriously injured in your accident (not that needing extrication with the Jaws of Life and 2 spinal surgeries does not constitute serious) and that you've defied the doctors dismal prognosis. I'm also thrilled that you and Jerome had your wedding, albeit not what you had originally planned but the important thing is that you and he are now married. Oh, and please give my condolences to Jerome on the loss of his father.

Though I have been a member of Cruise Critic for many years, I rarely ever post. However, I just had to come on here and say this is absolutely the most enjoyable review I have ever read. You seem like an amazing person and your personality comes through in every one of your posts. I am hoping we are lucky enough to one day to sail with you and Jerome. I am sure it would be a very fun cruise! I look forward to the rest of your review! :)

Nice hearing from you again. We go way back to the old Bahamas Celebration days, years and years ago.

I'm hoping to get back on her for a little Thanksgiving jaunt :)

So glad to be reading this review!!!!

I won a cruise on the Escape and we are finally going the beginning of September, so I am so so so enjoying your story!!!

(for the record, I love the way you write - truly feel like I'm right there watching the JW show happen right in front of me!!!)

I have never heard anyone describe a horrific accident with so much panache and humor. You are truly a one-in-a-million miracle man. I am certain your attitude and spirit had a little to do with it with God orchestrating your recovery.

Come on JW - I need an update. I've had my fill of "No more carry on water or soda." I need to be entertained. :D

HAHA! I know what you mean.

Here's a guy who had his best cruise in 46 cruises. Meanwhile a few inches away on my screen are people losing their sh** because they can't bring on beverages. Perspective!

OMGosh...I started reading this yesterday afternoon and couldn't wait to get home from work today and settled in so I could read more. You are truly a gifted and talented story teller !!!! And obviously an amazing person. We will be on the Escape the week after your sailing and I'm so excited especially after reading your review. I'll definitely keep up with you guys and maybe we'll be lucky enough to travel with you in the future.

Keep the post coming....I'm hooked !!!!

Thanks for such an entertaining review. I haven't posted on these forums before, but I wanted to say how much I enjoy your writing style. I'm planning on cruising on the Escape next October and your review is really making me excited for that trip.

Thank you for making it so entertaining to read. I love the cube idea for storage.

I am going to be on the same ship end of this year with my boys and love the cube idea in the closet. Can you tell me how big they are? It will be our first cruise as the family together.

Thank you for making it so entertaining to read. I love the cube idea for storage.

I am going to be on the same ship end of this year with my boys and love the cube idea in the closet. Can you tell me how big they are? It will be our first cruise as the family together.

I thought it was a great idea too! I have some in my home closet that are around 10x12. I just stopped by the dollar store and they had 2 sizes, one is long and slim and the other is closer to the size I mentioned above. I decided to check out the dollar store because I didn't want to spend a ton of money on them. I was pleasantly surprised they offered more than one size there. Have a great trip!

You truly are a gifted writer. I am so glad that you defied all odds ( with Gods help ), and survived that terrible accident. Your amazing ability to see the positive and humurous side to such a horrific event in your life helps to remind me what a gift life is, and to live life to the fullest. I am so happy that you and Jerome were able to "legally" marry, and that you shared your story with us.

Today my sister and I made our final payment for our October 1st cruise and I can't wait to experience the Escape for ourselves. Looking forward to the rest of your review...Angela

JW, we need more. The wait is killing us!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Seriously, I was cleaning my room today and was excited that i hadn't been on CC for a few days because i figured there would be a bunch more of this thread to read. Just happy that I found lara lox threads to keep me busy!