How's the New Internet Speed?

s2kreno

First off if you are Elite you will get 90 free minutes or 30% off $199 for the week. The $269 price was for 2 weeks.

Thanks for confirming that. I will probably use the 90 minutes while of log in while in Canadian waters and use my LTE when in Boston and Main Ports.

I assume the 90 minutes is log in to log out times and not consecutive minutes after first access. It seems that would be less cost than $269 -30% ($ 188.30)for our two weeks.

We were on the Connie from June 12 to 24 off the Dalmatian Coast as well as the coast of Italy. They were promoting the new high speed Xcelerate service. It worked well for the first two or three days. After that the service was on the par of, if not worse than, the original slow speed service. At its best, the Speedtest app measured download at about 1.5 megabits per second. Service was very inconsistent and often, while you could log in to the server, there was no connectivity to the Internet. The tech at the iLounge acknowledged they were having issues.

We had been on the Anthem of the Seas using their similar Voom service, where the speed was close to what would get using cable Wi-Fi at home.

When we were on the Eclipse last month in Iceland, the speed was terrible, about 1.25mbps when it was up. The attendant told me that we were on what is classified as an extreme cruise, due to the latitude we were traveling in. Apparently, the signal strength from the satellite deteriorates as we cruised further north. I checked it again between Ireland and Southampton and the speed had increased slightly to 1.88 mbps. Still not great; but it was consistent with what the attendant said.