Setting up CC Meet and Greet on NCL

4774Papa

I am the leader of our Roll Call on a Sun cruise in a couple of months. I have sent two message in the past 2-3 weeks to NCL requesting someone assist me in setting up our cruise critic roll call meet and greet. No response from NCL. Can anyone suggest who to contact in NCL for this?

As fivesenuff told you, use the email addr. provided to contact the events coordinator for your ship (per sticky re Meet & Greets). When I was organizing our M&G for our April cruise, I was sent a reply within a day or two. As time got closer, I was told the time/place (usually 11am on the 1st sea day) and NCL took care of contacting the officers & staff members who attended our meeting.

Good luck!

I will add that you can set up the M&G as far out as you wish (my question to the group event agent was regarding 9 months to a year ahead and followed up with "at any time?"). I asked the question after being told by another roll call member that I did not understand how it all worked (which, clearly, I did not as I chose to follow CC recommendations). I did forward the agent's email to CC with a suggestion they alter the info (especially as CC notes the info was provided by CC members). Of course, the problem with going too early is that the numbers may be off. In my case, over 75 more signed up after the other member made the M&G arrangements based on the 100 members at that time. After that, I was not permitted (NCL rules) to make any changes as I had not been the one to set up the M&G. In the end, all was well for the +160 that showed up.

Just keep emailing the address given to you. Once a week or every other week if you have the time. You will get a response. It could be that someone in your roll call even knows who the agent is and could help. Don't worry. It will be great because NCL has so many officers attend and present info.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I will add that you can set up the M&G as far out as you wish (my question to the group event agent was regarding 9 months to a year ahead and followed up with "at any time?"). I asked the question after being told by another roll call member that I did not understand how it all worked (which, clearly, I did not as I chose to follow CC recommendations). I did forward the agent's email to CC with a suggestion they alter the info (especially as CC notes the info was provided by CC members). Of course, the problem with going too early is that the numbers may be off. In my case, over 75 more signed up after the other member made the M&G arrangements based on the 100 members at that time. After that, I was not permitted (NCL rules) to make any changes as I had not been the one to set up the M&G. In the end, all was well for the +160 that showed up.

Just keep emailing the address given to you. Once a week or every other week if you have the time. You will get a response. It could be that someone in your roll call even knows who the agent is and could help. Don't worry. It will be great because NCL has so many officers attend and present info.

Did the other person that set up the original M&G cancel their cruise or how did you end up taking over? I know they only want to have one contact person for the M&G but if the other person had it set up and then bailed they should have emailed NCL to turn it over to you. I would think the Group Event Coordinator could find out if the original person cancelled their cruise and change the one contact to you.

I always set the M&G up at least 4 months in advance and send them an updated count 2 weeks before the cruise. Most venues they use will accommodate up to 200 people so it seldom changes the venue but I still let them know just in case and they always respond to verify the time, location and date of the M&G.

I always set the M&G up at least 4 months in advance and send them an updated count 2 weeks before the cruise. Most venues they use will accommodate up to 200 people so it seldom changes the venue but I still let them know just in case and they always respond to verify the time, location and date of the M&G.

This is the info that should help OP. Although it didn't apply, the contact info could be important for others who might find themselves in that situation. I appreciate your reply.

I did receive a response from NCL today. That email address was the one to use, not the two others that I used. I find it very easy to do with this with Celebrity, since there is a link just for organizing the M&G on the cc website.

Sorry, still didn't see the one on NCL.

Yes, I know we could get more people, but I estimated 30 based on about 25 people on the roll call so far. The cruise is nearing final payment, so I don't expect a lot more people on the roll call.

FYI, Sometimes there are folks who join the Roll Call at the last minute and want to attend the M&G, or else others on the roll call that hadn't indicated whether they would come decide to do so just before the cruise.

I had to email the group event coordinator again just before sailing to update the number of people who said they would be attending. There was even a group who sent me an email the day of embarkation who wanted to be added! The numbers did work out just fine in the end, though.:D