Freedom of the Sea - muster drill

I'm a newbie, have never been on a cruise. Where are the muster drills? Is each cabin assigned to a different spot? When are the muster drills in relation to sail off?

I managed to book my husband and son on the 7th floor and my daughter and me on the 6th floor. (not sure of my logic at the time - I think it involved being closer to the middle and lower on one should one of us have a sea sickness issue.) However, now that we're about 5 weeks away from the cruise, I'm worried this was a stupid plan - I want us all in the same lifeboat. :eek::rolleyes::) But more realistically, it would be good to be together for the muster drill and then be able to go to a sail off deck.

Where's a good place to go for sail off?

Janelle

I'm a newbie, have never been on a cruise. Where are the muster drills? Is each cabin assigned to a different spot? When are the muster drills in relation to sail off?

I managed to book my husband and son on the 7th floor and my daughter and me on the 6th floor. (not sure of my logic at the time - I think it involved being closer to the middle and lower on one should one of us have a sea sickness issue.) However, now that we're about 5 weeks away from the cruise, I'm worried this was a stupid plan - I want us all in the same lifeboat. :eek::rolleyes::) But more realistically, it would be good to be together for the muster drill and then be able to go to a sail off deck.

Where's a good place to go for sail off?

Janelle

There are many different muster stations based on your cabin. If your cabins are directly above/below one another there is a good chance you will be in the same muster station.

Honestly I would not worry about it as he chances of being called to muster are slim.

Try the helipad for sail away.

You can still change cabins so that you are close together. No cost as long as you move to the exact same category that you had.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

... When are the muster drills in relation to sail off?...

Generally, the drill is 30-60 minutes before sailaway. However, some itineraries vary, such as Adventure out of San Juan. They do that muster several hours before sailaway.