waitlisted for dining Regal Princess

spearmint

We have just booked a back to back cruise on the Regal. Then, we find out that we are waitlisted for second seating dining.... #13 in the queue on the first cruise, and #45 on the second. Upon calling my TA, who informed us of these stats (we discovered that our info from Princess has us first seating..) we find that he was told that our chances of getting what we want with the first cruise are good, and got no information as to our second.

Can anyone tell me if they have had similar experiences or knowledge thereof? We will take anytime dining if we have to, but we didn't want to on these trips, however 5:30 dining is out of the question.

Thanks,

Bill

If you don't clear the wait list, see the Maitre D' after boarding. He will be taking dining requests and changes from approximately 1-3pm. It's not a big deal. There should be a notice in the Patter with where he'll be and what time. If you don't see it, call the Passenger Services Desk.

Yoo did not say how long from now the cruise is.

If it is several months from now, you will likely clear the waitlists before embarkation.

If you clear the first segment but not the second, do not worry.

The table assignments for your second segment are not made until the last couple of days of your first segment. Just tell your headwaiter during the first segment that you want the same seating (and table and waitstaff) for the second segment.

We have just booked a back to back cruise on the Regal. Then, we find out that we are waitlisted for second seating dining.... #13 in the queue on the first cruise, and #45 on the second. Upon calling my TA, who informed us of these stats (we discovered that our info from Princess has us first seating..) we find that he was told that our chances of getting what we want with the first cruise are good, and got no information as to our second.

Can anyone tell me if they have had similar experiences or knowledge thereof? We will take anytime dining if we have to, but we didn't want to on these trips, however 5:30 dining is out of the question.

Thanks,

Bill

We had the same issue. Once on board go meet with the Maître D & explain your problem. He should be able to solve it.