Flying to Fort Lauderdale, but sailing from Miami

I will never use SAS. Used them and arranged for pick up, got the info from the owner that he would pick us up from MIA port to bring us to Port Everglades, ( we were doing 2 cruises from different ports). When the driver was there he said there was no room for us, and then called Steve to verify that he was taking us to the port and Steve said NO, even though I had several emails from him verifying he will do this. Then I called him back to asked what was up, and he turned on his message machine.

I have used Quality Limo Service of FLL, or QLS and they were WONDERFUL. There is a list of hotels that they will pick you up from in FLL to take you to the port of Miami. So I always fly into FLL and get a hotel that offers a free shuttle from airport to the hotel, and then I try to use the hotel list that QLS will pick up from. They are a lot less money also. If you are at a hotel where they do not pick up, take the free shuttle back to the airport and then have them pick you up there.

Stick with QLS. They were right there when we needed them for pick up after the cruise. It was easy and they were professional and very efficient.

Miami like NYC, LA, Paris, London is an international city. It is expected that most signs and some billboards will be in a different language as to accommodate foreign tourist.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sorry, but it has nothing to do with foreign tourists, or Xenphobia.

I was living in South Florida during the large influx of Cuban refugees in the 1980's. It seemed like just about every night there was another report about the Liberty City/ Overtown/ Little Havana riots going on. Since then, the area inhabited by Cubans has steadily grown to what it is today.

The last time I was there, it literally felt like I was in a foreign country.

I will never use SAS. Used them and arranged for pick up, got the info from the owner that he would pick us up from MIA port to bring us to Port Everglades, ( we were doing 2 cruises from different ports). When the driver was there he said there was no room for us, and then called Steve to verify that he was taking us to the port and Steve said NO, even though I had several emails from him verifying he will do this. Then I called him back to asked what was up, and he turned on his message machine.

I have used Quality Limo Service of FLL, or QLS and they were WONDERFUL. There is a list of hotels that they will pick you up from in FLL to take you to the port of Miami. So I always fly into FLL and get a hotel that offers a free shuttle from airport to the hotel, and then I try to use the hotel list that QLS will pick up from. They are a lot less money also. If you are at a hotel where they do not pick up, take the free shuttle back to the airport and then have them pick you up there.

Stick with QLS. They were right there when we needed them for pick up after the cruise. It was easy and they were professional and very efficient.

I am truly surprised to hear of the poor service from SAS. We have used them twice and had nothing short of excellent service.