My Carnival TRIUMPH from NEW ORLEANS 2016 Cruise Review!!!

Stateroom Nightly Turndown: Between dinner and the show, I quickly went back to the stateroom. My stateroom steward came while we were eating dinner and he cleaned the room. While he was in our room he left a towel animal, copy of the next day's Fun-Time newsletter, and a VIFP Platinum/Diamond gift. The VIFP gift was some type of bag for clothing. Our stateroom steward did a great job today!

Nightly Production Show - "Wonderful World": Tonight's production show was called "Wonderful World". The show was held at 7pm and 9pm in the Rome Lounge. This show featured different countries and regions around the world. Our cruise director, Matey, told us that the Carnival Triumph's shows were currently ranked best in the fleet. I enjoyed the show and music. The singers and dancers did a great job putting on this show.

956125_orig.jpg

9087440_orig.jpg

6275831_orig.jpg

Day 3 - Cozumel, Mexico

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Waking Up & Towel Animals By The Ship's Lido Pool:

The Carnival Triumph's Lido Deck pool area was lined with towel animals in the morning. Immediately after walking outside of the atrium, guests were greeted with multiple towel animals. Some of these towel animals I recognized from being left in my staterooms on past cruises, but others I had never seen before. While many would conclude this is a waste of towels, many children as well as adults enjoyed walking around looking at the towel animals. Here are some photos of the main lido pool area lined with towel animals:

5697565_orig.jpg

3090823_orig.jpg

8563883_orig.jpg

2529313_orig.jpg

9265274_orig.jpg

8198146_orig.jpg

9214362_orig.jpg

3502696_orig.jpg

9103371_orig.jpg

Arrival & Docking In Cozumel, Mexico:

The Carnival Triumph was scheduled to dock at Puerta Maya Pier at 7:00am. This pier is affiliated with Carnival Corporation and typically Carnival ships will dock here. Last year when I cruised to Cozumel on the Carnival Elation, Puerta Maya was undergoing a pier expansion that would allow 3 ships to dock at once. The construction was completed prior to this year and the Carnival Triumph docked at the new leg of the pier. The Carnival Paradise was already docked when we arrived and the Carnival Sensation was scheduled to join us later in the day.

I was a little bummed with the weather. Our first sea day had nearly perfect weather and I was hoping Cozumel would be the same way. However, it was not raining as we were docking in Cozumel.

4589850.jpg?290

1727596_orig.jpg

4069395_orig.jpg

Great review so far. We are headed out on the Triumph this October. I was wondering if you could tell me who your waitstaff was in the London dining room? I want to try to get some attentive and trained staff and just request them every night we eat in the dining room. Thank you for your help. All the pictures are great.

Great review so far. We are headed out on the Triumph this October. I was wondering if you could tell me who your waitstaff was in the London dining room? I want to try to get some attentive and trained staff and just request them every night we eat in the dining room. Thank you for your help. All the pictures are great.

Thank you!

My head waiter's name was Mariono. I have a feeling he won't be onboard in October because he has been on the ship since its reposition from Galveston to New Orleans. However, you could try for him!! If you are lucky to get him, he and his team did a great job!

Breakfast At The South Beach Club:

​Breakfast was served earlier today because of the ship's early arrival in Cozumel. When breakfast started many cruisers were already awake and lined up for breakfast. The scheduled breakfast time for South Beach Club was 6:30am - 10:30am. For cruisers that did not want to eat in the buffet the Paris Dining Room had an open breakfast seating time from 6:30am - 8:30am.

Once again, I ate an omelet, bacon, and hash browns. The service at the omelet station was quick considering there were many people already lined up. Here are some pictures from breakfast:

9027269_orig.jpg

8561874_orig.jpg

9602926_orig.jpg

7640676_orig.jpg

5941523_orig.jpg

6587199_orig.jpg

1353818_orig.jpg

3175122_orig.jpg

8470994_orig.jpg

1459117.jpg?293

Getting Off The Ship To Go To Cozumel:

In the early morning, we got off the ship. There was a short line at the gangway because the lines were backed up due to the ship's photographers. Once our Sail & Sign cards were scanned, we were able to proceed down the gangway. The ship's photographers were waiting at the bottom of the gangway to take pictures of each cruiser. Unfortunately, it started raining right as we got off the ship. The rain was heavy and walking on the pier was not fun. Due to this rain, I did not take many pictures of the ships. This was because I did not want my camera lenses to get wet. However, I did take a few pictures of the ship on the pier by using a hat to cover the top of my camera. This may sound like a crazy idea, but I really wanted some pictures!

Before we were allowed off the pier, we had to walk through a long shopping area. Each time I am in Cozumel, I hate walking through these shops on Puerta Maya's pier. The workers are pushy and the spaces are a little crowded. After getting out of the shops, we had to go through an agricultural inspection. All cruisers with bags had to lay these on the floor and let a dog sniff them. The local authorities were looking for food and fruits that were brought into the country illegally. Most violators had their food confiscated, but the authorities did have the right to issue a fine (or worse).

2345504_orig.jpg

2181470.jpg?205

5280915_orig.jpg

5388710_orig.jpg

9907531_orig.jpg

Edited by thecruiserofships

9196178_orig.jpg

787199_orig.jpg

8563778_orig.jpg

One thing I always like about Puerta Maya is the little beach that is close to the pier. Each time I am here, I try to take some pictures of the ships that are docked. Thankfully, the rain had stopped and I was able to use my camera freely without worrying about getting the lenses wet.

3504805_orig.jpg

5377232_orig.jpg

4788970_orig.jpg

Shore Excursion - "Ancient Culture/Mayan Ruins & Island Sightseeing":

Typically, in Cozumel we do not pay for shore excursions, but this time we wanted to see some of the island's Mayan Ruins. Our tour was called "Ancient Culture/Mayan Ruins & Island Sightseeing". The tour was only offered once during the day at 9am. Our tour's description said we would be driven around Cozumel's main city, given a guided tour of San Gervasio, and have a quick trip to a beach. The drive around Cozumel was a little disappointing because the weather was cloudy, but the buses windows were fogged up. This meant I could barely see out and could not take any pictures. After about 40 minutes of being in the bus, the fog on the windows began to dissipate. We were shown the city as our bus driver took us to San Gervasio.

8080209_orig.jpg

4623845_orig.jpg

San Gervasio:

In order to enter San Gervasio, we were given a ticket and a wristband. It took a few minutes for the entire tour group to exit the bus and walk to the site's entrance. Each individual group had their pictures taken by a local. These photos would be available for sale after the tour was completed. Our shore excursion tour guide led us around San Gervasio. Throughout the tour he gave us facts and information about the Mayan people. Since the weather was cloudy, the temperature was not too hot. This was the plus side of having cloudy weather.

San Gervasio does not contain the large pyramids that many people think of when they hear about Mayan ruins. These ruins were smaller, but had a large historical significance to the Mayan people.

6033767_orig.jpg

8499010_orig.jpg

268079_orig.jpg