My Carnival TRIUMPH from NEW ORLEANS 2016 Cruise Review!!!

img-6035_orig.jpg

img-6036_orig.jpg

img-6037_orig.jpg

One area that I have not discussed during this review is the Hollywood Nightclub located on Deck 5. Throughout the cruise, this area was being used for special events, art auctions during the afternoon, and as a nightclub in the evening. For this reason, this was the first time I was able to look inside this area during the cruise. There are many seats in the Hollywood Nightclub as well as a large dancefloor in the center of the lounge.

img-6038_orig.jpg

img-6039_orig.jpg

img-6040_orig.jpg

img-6041_orig.jpg

img-6043_orig.jpg

img-6042_orig.jpg

Walking Around The Outside Decks:

After spending some time on Deck 5, I headed upstairs to Deck 9 (Lido). The Lido Deck's AFT pool was closed for the cruise because the pools do not open on the last day. In just a few short hours, new cruisers would be enjoying the ship's Lido Deck. Here are some pictures I took of the back area of the Lido Deck:

img-6044_orig.jpg

img-6046_orig.jpg

img-6047_orig.jpg

img-6064_orig.jpg

img-6065_orig.jpg

img-6070_orig.jpg

After walking on Decks 10 and 11, I went to Deck 12. One side of Deck 12 is home to some playground equipment and the other side has the ship's mini golf course. The mini golf course was extremely popular throughout the cruise, especially on the cruise's sea days.

img-6071_orig.jpg

img-6072_orig.jpg

img-6075_orig.jpg

img-6089_orig.jpg

img-6091_orig.jpg

img-6092_orig.jpg

Last Breakfast Of The Cruise:

Since this was our cruise's last day, this was our last breakfast onboard. Since I arrived in the South Beach Club a few minutes before the breakfast lines opened, I walked around and took pictures of the food. The South Beach Club was serving breakfast starting at 6am until 9am. This included the main buffet lines as well as the Continental breakfast option. The Blue Iguana Cantina was opening at 7am and would be open until 9am. For cruisers that did not want to eat in the buffet, the Paris Dining Room was serving breakfast from 6:30am until 8:30am. Since many people woke up early in order to get ready to disembark the ship, the buffet became crowded quickly.

I first went through the main breakfast buffet line because the omelet station was slow to open. I got some bacon, sausage, hash browns, and a pastry. While I was eating my first round of food, the omelet station opened. I then got an omelet. The omelet station's line moved fast. I was pleased with the omelet station this cruise.

img-6093_orig.jpg

img-6094_orig.jpg

img-6095_orig.jpg

img-6218_orig.jpg

img-6227_orig.jpg

img-6233_orig.jpg

Before the ship was completely docked and secure, I left the Lido Deck and went down to my stateroom. Since my suitcases were ready to go, I was only there for a few minutes. After doing a final check of the room, we went to our designated area for disembarkation. VIFP Platinum & Diamond guests were in the London Dining Room as well as Faster to the Fun guests. The VIFP Platinum/Diamond guests were on one side of the dining room and the Faster to the Fun guests were on the other side. There were some pastries and juices available as we waited.

img-6242_orig.jpg

img-6244_orig.jpg

img-6245_orig.jpg

img-6246_orig.jpg

img-6249_orig.jpg

img-6251_orig.jpg

Disembarking The Carnival Triumph:

Around 7:30am, the ship was cleared to start the disembarkation process. VIFP Platinum & Diamond guests were allowed to go first. Following these guests was Faster to the Fun. After these guests, self assist disembarkation by deck began. For a cruiser to get off as self assist, he or she must carry off all luggage and bags. All self assist guests would be allowed off before the general disembarkation guests. The general disembarkation (checked luggage) guests would be ones that put luggage outside their door. These people would be allowed to disembark after the self assist guests because the pier workers needed time to unload all of the luggage.

After getting our Sail & Sign Cards scanned we exited the ship and went down the gangway. We had to go through Customs & Immigration. This was a quick and simple process. The customs agent looked at our passports and declaration form. After the customs checkpoint, we proceeded to the ground floor of the terminal to go to the elevators. The elevator was full as we rode up to our car.

By 8:05am, we were in our car and leaving the cruise terminal. However, before leaving New Orleans we stopped at the Riverwalk Mall to buy some beignet mix from Cafe Du Monde. This only took 25-30 minutes and by 8:30am we were on our way out of New Orleans. I stepped outside while we were at the mall to look at the ship. The last two pictures on the row below are of the ship from the mall.

img-6253_orig.jpg

img-6257_orig.jpg

img-6260_orig.jpg

And That's All Of My Review...

Thank you for reading and feel free to ask questions!

Edited by thecruiserofships

Very nice review and nice pics too. I rarely read reviews and even more rarely, view photos. The Triumph was my third ever Carnival cruise and I fell in love with that ship. Going on her in December 2017 for a b2b, and getting treated to a rare balcony. However, life is hard and I have to go on The Elation and The Breeze first before I can enjoy The Triumph. Thanks for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for an excellent cruise review!! The photos you took are fantastic, and anyone cruising on TRIUMPH would be well advised to review them!!

We're booked for a 5 day in mid-September, on the 9th deck, and will certainly take advantage of that forward observation deck!!

Very interesting commentary about the various food establishments - and the first photos I've seen of the new dining "style" with the bare top tables and new settings. Interesting that they have steakhouse entree's in the MDR for the increased price - unfortunately, I can't say the ambiance would be the same!

Regardless of the decor, it's amazing how many of the Carnival fleet all seem to be laid out in similar fashion, making it fairly easy to go from one to another and not have a problem finding your way around!

Thanks again for your review - it was an afternoon well spent reading it!!

• 2 weeks later...