My Carnival TRIUMPH from NEW ORLEANS 2016 Cruise Review!!!

3160337.jpg

6705426.jpg

1961527.jpg

3314437.jpg

3453145.jpg

Leaving San Gervasio & Heading To The Beach:

After our guided tour of San Gervasio, we were given about 30 minutes to walk around the historical site on our own. Our tour guide set a time, but this was a problem because our tour had people from the Carnival Paradise and Carnival Triumph. The Carnival Paradise's passengers were still using Florida's local time and the Carnival Triumph's passengers were still using Louisiana's local time. The tour guide had to think of a way of making sure everyone knew when to be back on the excursion bus. Most people were back on-time and we were able to start our journey to the beach.

After our shore excursion left San Gervasio, our next stop was a beach. It was nice looking at Cozumel's beaches from the tour bus as we made our way to our beach stop. It rained off and on throughout our drive to the beach. During this drive, our tour guide answered questions about the Mayan people and explained Cozumel's commitment to protecting sea turtles.

5764192_orig.jpg

2402968_orig.jpg

2285571_orig.jpg

Beach Stop:

When we arrived at our beach stop, the tour guides gave us 25 minutes to explore the beach. I do not know the name of this beach because I never saw a sign. This beach had a restaurant/bar area and a few shops. Some people on our shore excursion dipped their feet in the water, but most people walked along the coastline. After a few minutes of being outside, it started sprinkling and many people starting looking inside the shops to stay dry. I wish the weather would have been nicer because the pictures of the water would have been of higher quality. Here are some photos from our beach stop:

8981734_orig.jpg

4423538_orig.jpg

6798496_orig.jpg

5563273_orig.jpg

7800432_orig.jpg

6714848_orig.jpg

After our beach stop, it was time to head back to Puerta Maya. During this drive, our tour guide answered questions and gave more information about Cozumel. He passed around a sheet that we had to sign. I do not know who this information was for, but it almost like attendance was being taken. The trip back to the ship from the beach did not take too much time. Overall, this shore excursion was interesting and fun.

When we arrived back at Puerta Maya, it felt like everything was significantly more crowded. This was because the Carnival Sensation arrived while we were on our shore excursion. The Carnival Sensation's passengers were currently in the process of disembarking the ship to explore Cozumel. Our first priority was to get back to the ship for lunch.

6714167_orig.jpg

670136_orig.jpg

3094713_orig.jpg

Getting Back On The Carnival Triumph:

There was a very short line to get back on the ship. In order to get back on, we had to have our Sail & Sign cards scanned by security and then wait in line for the security checkpoint. The security checkpoint consisted of a metal detector and putting all belongings on a conveyor belt for scanning. Cruisers that set the metal detector off received a pat down. When I last sailed on the Carnival Triumph I recieved a pat down, but this time I did not need one since I did not set the alarm off. After going through the security checkpoint, we headed up to our stateroom.

4786328_orig.jpg

1768486_orig.jpg

Visiting Guy's Burger Joint:

On sea days, the line for Guy's Burger Joint is long. However, since many people were ashore on this day of the cruise the line for Guy's Burger Joint was extremely short. I got in line for a burger. There are a few different types of burgers to choose from. I ordered the burger that was called the "Straight Up". It came with cheese, tomato, lettuce, and onion. The crew members asked if I wanted fries and I told them I did want fries. Guy's Burger Joint has a toppings bar that is away from the main serving counter that allows cruisers to add things such as bacon and other vegetables to a hamburger. The toppings bar also has a dispenser filled with ketchup, ranch, mayo, and other dressings.

My hamburger tasted extremely good. The meat had a good flavor and all of the vegetables tasted fresh. The french fries were a little spicy, but good. I think the quality of Guy's Burger Joint has improved since I first tried it in 2013.

2162080.jpg?301

4593251_orig.jpg

2686595_orig.jpg

2881600_orig.jpg

2675744_orig.jpg

8674033_orig.jpg

2526353_orig.jpg

Looking At Cozumel From The Outside Decks:

After lunch, we planned to get back off the ship, but I first wanted to take a look at Cozumel from the ship. I walked from the Lido Deck to Deck 10 to take a few pictures. Here is the view I had as I walked from the back of the ship to the front:

4080663_orig.jpg

3814094_orig.jpg

6928201_orig.jpg

8839631_orig.jpg

485795_orig.jpg

5602070_orig.jpg

Getting Back Off The Ship To Go Ashore:

​ There was no line to get back off the ship around 2pm. In order to get off we had to have our Sail & Sign Cards scanned. After that, we were free to get off the ship. At this time in the afternoon, the pesky photographers were no longer taking gangway pictures. I was more than fine not getting my picture taken. Here are some pictures I took as I walked down the pier:

8251969_orig.jpg

5492662.jpg?285

4418807_orig.jpg

2827114.jpg?285

31711_orig.jpg

7653437_orig.jpg

6852078_orig.jpg

Walking Around Puerta Maya:

Puerta Maya has many different shops and places to eat/drink. At this time in the afternoon, the restaurants and bars were extremely crowded. Many of the shops were crowded too. However, it was easy to find areas that had lesser people. The crowds from earlier were gone and the walkways were much clearer. Here are some photos of Puerta Maya:

9558455_orig.jpg

6978447_orig.jpg

2909057_orig.jpg

After walking around Puerta Maya, we decided to leave Puerta Maya and walk across the street. The area across the street has many shops and bars. There were many crew members and some guests in these areas. One downside to crossing the street is the traffic is heavy, but a uniformed police officer was stopping traffic to allow people to cross the street.

8817611_orig.jpg

6503806_orig.jpg

496133_orig.jpg

By the front gangways, Carnival had a tent with water and chairs setup. This seemed like a great idea. Since it was not hot or sunny outside, I did not see this area utilized.

6367086_orig.jpg

4945333_orig.jpg

Getting Ready To Leave - View From Deck 3:

The designated time for cruisers to be back onboard was 4:00pm in order for the ship to sail at 4:30pm. Around 4pm, we walked outside on Deck 3 to see if there was a line for boarding. Surprisingly, the front gangways were being disassembled. This probably was because most people were entering through the back gangway and not walking farther to the front gangways. It did not take the crew much time to put up the front gangways.

1765759_orig.jpg

3557864_orig.jpg

6518655_orig.jpg