My Carnival TRIUMPH from NEW ORLEANS 2016 Cruise Review!!!

There were a few people that boarded extremely late. For a while the pier was empty, but the gangway was still out because some cruisers were not yet onboard. A little before 4:30pm, some of the last people walked down the pier. After those people boarded, the back gangway was brought into the ship. Within a few minutes it was time for the ship to be untied from the dock.

524899_orig.jpg

3373503_orig.jpg

9498562_orig.jpg

4616240_orig.jpg

3963174_orig.jpg

Sail-A-Way From Cozumel

Shortly after the gangway was pushed in, I walked from Deck 3 to Deck 10's back. I wanted to watch Cozumel sail-a-way from the same place that I watched sail-a-way from New Orleans. We left a little after 4:30pm. The Carnival Paradise and Carnival Sensation would be leaving at different times later in the evening. Here are some sail-a-way photos:

5375685_orig.jpg

7271267_orig.jpg

8824188_orig.jpg

9569669_orig.jpg

4391372_orig.jpg

790901_orig.jpg

7957943_orig.jpg

6295468_orig.jpg

After watching sail-a-way I stopped in the South Beach Club for a quick drink of water. On the 2nd floor of the South Beach Club (the Deck 10 level) there is a beverage station that many cruisers do not know about. This beverage station had water, tea, lemonade, and coffee.

4647591_orig.jpg

9472275_orig.jpg

1609695_orig.jpg

img-5543_orig.jpg

img-5546_orig.jpg

img-5548.jpg?201

American Table - Dinner Night #3:

Once again, I ate dinner in the London Dining Room. The dining room opened right at 5:45pm and were seated quickly. Tonight the dining room was back to serving American Table. Our tables were setup the same way as the first night of the cruise. Once again, the food and service were great. The dining room had many empty tables as people were not coming to dinner as early. Here are the appetizer and main course menus for this night:

img-5552_1.jpg?285

img-5553_orig.jpg

img-5554_orig.jpg

img-5573_orig.jpg

img-5575_orig.jpg

After Dinner Emergency Announcement:

Around 7pm I was sitting in my stateroom when the PA went off. Typically, the PA is not broadcasted into the staterooms except in the event of an emergency announcement. The announcement was by the cruise director and he told us were were turning around to head back to Cozumel. This was because a guest needed to be evacuated from the ship due to a medical reason. The announcement was very professional and sounded very sincere.

I immediately went outside to see if we had already turned around. We must have turned around prior to the cruise director's announcement. The Carnival Paradise sailed by as we head back towards Cozumel. The ship was illuminated and I could see a few camera flashes go off as people took pictures of the Carnival Triumph.

img-5584_orig.jpg

img-5595_orig.jpg

img-5602_1.jpg?284

img-5612_orig.jpg

img-5617_orig.jpg

img-5623_orig.jpg

Good Eats:

The Lido Buffet was serving food from 6pm - 9:30pm for those that did not want to eat in the main dining room. Since I walked in the buffet to get something to drink, I took a quick look at the food being served. I did not eat anything as I was still full from my dinner. Here are some photos of the food:

img-5624_orig.jpg

img-5625_orig.jpg

img-5626_orig.jpg

Medical Emergency Evacuation:

​ Around 9:00pm, the lights of Cozumel could be seen as the Carnival Triumph pulled back into Cozumel's harbor. We sailed extremely slow and many of the ship's exterior lights were turned on. A boat that is typically used for shore excursions came to take care of the medical emergency. This boat scrapped the side of the ship as it approached. After a few minutes this boat was gone and the medical emergency was over. The pilot boat lingered around for a little longer and probably did a paperwork exchange. By 10pm, we were sailing back towards New Orleans. I hope the guest that needed evacuation is okay and will have a full speedy recovery.

img-5654_orig.jpg

img-5660_orig.jpg

img-5666_orig.jpg

img-5672_orig.jpg

img-5676_orig.jpg

I wanted to give just a quick update...

- I am finished writing the review and the whole entire thing is on my blog.

- I will continue posting the pictures and info here tomorrow. I had somewhere to be this evening. I have finished posting everything on here from Day 1 to Day 3. Day 4 should be on here tomorrow.

Feel free to ask any questions!

Day 4

Sea Day

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Morning Walk Around The Ship's Interior Spaces:

After a good night's rest, I woke up around 6:15am to make sure I had time to walk around the ship. By 6:30am I left my stateroom and started my walk by going to the Promenade Deck. There were very few people out and about at this time of the day, which allowed me to get some good pictures of the ship's spaces. Here are some pictures I took on the Promenade Deck:

img-5677_orig.jpg

img-5678_orig.jpg

img-5679_orig.jpg

img-5680_orig.jpg

img-5681_orig.jpg

img-5682_orig.jpg

img-5708_orig.jpg

img-5709_orig.jpg

img-5710_orig.jpg

Walk Around The Ship's Outside Decks:

After walking around the ship's Promenade Deck, I headed up to the Lido Deck (9). My camera lenses were foggy when I first went outside, but after having to step inside several times to defog my lenses they finally cleared. There were a few clouds in the sky at this time of the morning, but the weather would improve as the day continued. Here are some pictures of the outside decks:

img-5717_orig.jpg

img-5718_orig.jpg

img-5716_orig.jpg

img-5722_orig.jpg

img-5723_orig.jpg

img-5725_orig.jpg

The mini golf course was an extremely popular attraction on sea days. The balls and putts are located near the mini golf course. In the past, cruisers had to check out balls & putts from the Lido towel station. However, this is no longer the case. There are security cameras to catch people that try to take or lose the putts or balls.

img-5727_orig.jpg

img-5730_orig.jpg

img-5732_orig.jpg

img-5763_orig.jpg

img-5764_orig.jpg

img-5766_orig.jpg

Breakfast In The South Beach Club:

Once again, I ate breakfast in the South Beach Club. Breakfast in the South Beach Club was scheduled to begin at 7:30am and end at 10:30am.​ Continental breakfast (pastries, juices, and fruits) opened at 6:30am. The Blue Iguana Cantina was open for breakfast from 7:30am until 10:30am. The omelet stations were a little slow to open on this morning, but by 7:35am the omelet station in the deli was open. It appeared the main breakfast buffet lines opened on-time. I enjoyed my omelet, some bacon, hash browns, and sausages.

Sea Day Brunch was being served in the Paris Dining Room from 8:30am - 1:00pm. Also, the Dr. Suess breakfast was taking place at 8:30am in the London Dining Room. The Dr. Suess Breakfast cost extra and it appeared reservations were required in advance. I will have more on the Dr. Suess breakfast later in this part of the review.

Here are some pictures of one of the breakfast buffet lines prior to its opening:

img-5770_orig.jpg

img-5771_orig.jpg

img-5772_orig.jpg