When getting on the Breakaway what is the fastest route to the Vibe pass person?

Jezo

When boarding steerage and using the regular ramps with the other poor people not in The Haven, what route should I take to get to the magical Vibe pass person who could potentially grant me access to the sacred space all wish to be a part of?

Have your "mate" hold on to any carry-on bags once onboard, walking/jogging shoes & as noted above, take the stairs one level down to deck 6, follow the main corridor forward, past Savor & Taste & the middle atrium/lobby. Elevators will be jammed.

If boarding from the front, you will be near the Spiegel Tent/theater - slightly ahead are elevators & stairs, walk down on level & front atrium lobby is about 25 paces.

Good luck as you will need it, depending on your given zone/boarding number. Catch up with your mate/spouse/cabin friends/etc. afterward ... thus, checked all your heavier luggages with the porter, just make sure you/partner is taking charge of all the valuables, medications, electronics & important items as hand pieces.

Edited by mking8288

When boarding steerage and using the regular ramps with the other poor people not in The Haven, what route should I take to get to the magical Vibe pass person who could potentially grant me access to the sacred space all wish to be a part of?

Whatever floor you board on...make sure you walk (dont use the elevators) to go down to deck 6 and look for the bright "yellow" VIBE stickers and follow them to the counter...once at the counter say the following password phrase "what a wonderful night for a moon dance" and you will be granted those ever elusive "vibe" passes...

I really hope you get them...i hear its a awesome experience..

Everyone has to be present

OMG! I did not know all need to be present. Im sailing Haven with my family and mom in August on BreakWay and dont need Vibe but sailing with my mom in a spa cabin on Getaway and planned on leaving her with my carryon and my walking very fast to try to get passes and having her meet me. She is such a sllooowwww walker. This will not work :(

Edited by js

Yes that does stink!! We are also in a Haven in August and my niece is in a solo - was hoping that it would work but apparently not

We will be August 7 on Breakaway. How about you?

If you want the Vibe and in the Haven I would ask the concierge as soon as you board. I dont feel I need the Vibe with the Haven but if you think you do, I would email nclconcierge and let them know as well as immediately ask when boarding.

Edited by js

We will be August 7 on Breakaway. How about you?

If you want the Vibe and in the Haven I would ask the concierge as soon as you board. I dont feel I need the Vibe with the Haven but if you think you do, I would email nclconcierge and let them know as well as immediately ask when boarding.

We are sailing in the Haven in 3 months. I was considering buying the Vibe pass because I heard the Haven can be over run by rowdy kids. What are your thoughts of the pros and con of buying a vibe pass while sailing the Haven.

We are sailing in the Haven in 3 months. I was considering buying the Vibe pass because I heard the Haven can be over run by rowdy kids. What are your thoughts of the pros and con of buying a vibe pass while sailing the Haven.

We're in the Haven in a few weeks on the Escape. I can tell you without hesitation, we will be purchasing Vibe passes. The pros, it's limited to a few people, adult only and has its own bar. The cons, aside from the additional charge, nothing that I can think of. We sailed the Getaway a while back and ended up with passes. Totally worth the price of admission, in my opinion.

OMG! I did not know all need to be present. Im sailing Haven with my family and mom in August on BreakWay and dont need Vibe but sailing with my mom in a spa cabin on Getaway and planned on leaving her with my carryon and my walking very fast to try to get passes and having her meet me. She is such a sllooowwww walker. This will not work :(

We were on Breakaway in March. We had boarding group 6. One of my travel companions was in a wheelchair and we took the elevators after boarding. We headed to Guest Services. My disabled friend sat down and my other friend waited in line with me. Before we reached the desk, there was a crew member waiting with numbered pieces of paper. I told him I wanted three of the Vibe passes. He handed me three of the pieces of paper and we were able to get the passes at the desk. No problem.

We were on Breakaway in March. We had boarding group 6. One of my travel companions was in a wheelchair and we took the elevators after boarding. We headed to Guest Services. My disabled friend sat down and my other friend waited in line with me. Before we reached the desk, there was a crew member waiting with numbered pieces of paper. I told him I wanted three of the Vibe passes. He handed me three of the pieces of paper and we were able to get the passes at the desk. No problem.

Did you have to show said crew member the "secret handshake" to obtain those coveted pieces of paper ?

We are going Aug. 21st - 2 reasons for us (or at least my husband and I ) 1. we are anticipating TONS of kids ? just a guess .. and . we tried to add my niece to our 2 br suite (we have a total of 5 in there now) but were told that even though the rooms say 6 it really is 5 so she got a solo cabin, so I wanted a place we could all hang since I cant bring her into the haven areas -

Did you have to show said crew member the "secret handshake" to obtain those coveted pieces of paper ?

Not at all. No dead presidents on any of the pieces of paper. And we were NOT in a suite, either!

Edited by momoftwinteens

I see you are sailing the beginning of October. It's not really a time where you may experience a lot of children since they will be in school but I sail in the Haven in the summer and I haven't experienced it overrun with children and I sail in August (and again this year).

Most kids, even my 18 and 22 year old, would rather be out where the action is then in the Haven but to each his own.

I will not be purchasing a Spa or Vibe pass. I would feel I had to spend time in both to make it worthwhile. I can always find a relaxing spot up on deck under an umbrella on the Breakaway in the Haven but others as you see have different opinions.

I am sailing the Getaway in February in a Spa Cabin, not Haven :(, and I will be certainly trying to get Vibe passes then since it will be like my own little Haven LOL

Enjoy whatever you decide :)

Thank you. This gives me hope. I won't be purchasing passes for next month on the Breakaway but I am sure going to try when I'm on the Getaway (in a spa cabin, not Haven) in February. I'll still have my mom meet me at GS, but I will run ahead of her :)

• 3 weeks later...
Do all the gangways in NYC put you one deck above where the Vibe person is?

No, not "all" the gangways ... as the ones used by crews while docked do not.

Yes, the 2 gangways (Fwd & Aft) sed for passengers embarkation in NYC using deck 7 do put you above the Fwd atrium - and, you then make your way accordingly. :D

My husband and I are going to be on the Breakaway on September 11th. I am seriously considering trying for Vibe passes.

I am curious if you go to the Atrium as soon as you board, will you be pretty successful in getting passes?

Do they charge your onboard account, or do you pay for them right there?

Thanks in advance for any helpful hints.

I have not been on the Breakaway, but on the Escape in February I left my wife with the carry on and went to get Vibe passes. The crew member that had the numbers would not give me two. I got one, and fortunately my wife came a couple of minutes later and was able to secure a number.

YMMV

Robert

We sailed in the Haven on the Breakaway in April and there were no rowdy kids at all. All the kids in the Haven on that sailing were very well behaved. I don't think you need the Vibe passes but that is up to you. Very quiet in the Haven and plenty of room at the sundeck. Good luck!

There's really no way to predict how non-holiday/summer occupancy will be in the Haven. I went at the end of January, between any holidays, and the Haven was occupied by groups with kids the entire time. They were not American, so who knows when their Holidays are. Hot tubs were continually full of kids.....they were nicely outfitted in fins, goggles and such. Oh, the pool, too. Parents had many chairs occupied with towels and food all day. They didn't pay much attention to the kids. The decibel level was very loud.

The only time I went in the area was to show CC cabin crawlers. I passed it several times a day as I used the sundeck on the deck above (you can see/hear as you're walking); same scene every day. I just found a good alternative on the upper deck. I am not a sun lover, but they had umbrellas on deck (actually the front area was partially shaded) and "windshielded". There were no kids in the hot tub there, nor up there sunning.

I agree that kids would like the bigger pool and slide area, but that would mean the mothers would have to move camp and supervise them at the very crowded pool area.

I see you are sailing the beginning of October. It's not really a time where you may experience a lot of children since they will be in school but I sail in the Haven in the summer and I haven't experienced it overrun with children and I sail in August (and again this year).

Most kids, even my 18 and 22 year old, would rather be out where the action is then in the Haven but to each his own.

I will not be purchasing a Spa or Vibe pass. I would feel I had to spend time in both to make it worthwhile. I can always find a relaxing spot up on deck under an umbrella on the Breakaway in the Haven but others as you see have different opinions.

I am sailing the Getaway in February in a Spa Cabin, not Haven :(, and I will be certainly trying to get Vibe passes then since it will be like my own little Haven LOL

Enjoy whatever you decide :)