Galveston Terminal #2 Opening 😀

ssb

Since the title of this message string was "Galveston Terminal #2 Opening" I had hoped there might actually be some useful information about the updated terminal and whether it has improved for the passengers. Guess not. :(

Ā 

Ā 

Last Sunday was the 1st day it was open, after she arrives back this Sunday we should have more information, I Hope.

Since the title of this message string was "Galveston Terminal #2 Opening" I had hoped there might actually be some useful information about the updated terminal and whether it has improved for the passengers. Guess not. :(

Ā 

It was side tracked by valet parking comment!

Ā 

What would you like to know ?

I will try to answer ! I know things about terminal but not from passengers yet.

Why be negative when there are no reviews and first embarkation was last Sunday , and first disembarkation will be this coming Sunday.

Ā 

Terminal #1 is already one of larger and better operated Terminals in US .

Ā 

With Terminal #2 building addition completed ,

and with old building improvements and revamping just being completed , it

will provide substantially improved services to cruisers.

Ā 

There are improved services and ample new spaces for embarkating and disembarking passengers .

Immigration should now be any

real issue just like in other cruise terminals and airports in the US.

Edited by ssb

Last Sunday was the 1st day it was open, after she arrives back this Sunday we should have more information, I Hope.

Ā 

I was looking for passenger experiences after the updates but I guess I need to wait till this weekend. :)

thanks

I was looking for passenger experiences after the updates but I guess I need to wait till this weekend. :)

thanks

Ā 

Crowds and checkin a Breeze this morning at new terminal. Well ok, i guess i meant to say is a great Liberty to be the first thru.

Ā 

Security still same , but checkin was all new and working. New waiting area above.

image.jpg.9ced1eda2d64aa75d77d750c08cefcfb.jpg

There is second floor same size up!

Ā 

New building for embarkating passengers and old building for disemarbarkating passengers !

image.jpg.c541e0420ef6b917aab1eca309fcdb81.jpg

Edited by ssb

• 2 weeks later...
There are plenty of other convenient options other than valet service at terminals, even though it's includes covered parking in multi story parking garages, which is directly across the street from terminal. A few will pay for additional service.

Ā 

I like the idea parking in a multi-story garage. I had a friend who got caught in Issac during a cruise. Came home to a flooded car.

Just got off Liberty on 7/10. Embarkation was very smooth in the new terminal.....only real disorganization was out front dropping off luggage. Upon return, we did the self-assist walk off(pretty far back in line) and once off the ship, we never stopped walking until we were in line for the customs agent. Only 2 couples in front of us there, and sailed right thru! They seemed to have just about all the customs lines opened and manned. It is great having the ramp to walk down and not dealing with elevators or escalators. Of course it is more walking, but really speeds up the process.

Just got off Liberty on 7/10. Embarkation was very smooth in the new terminal.....only real disorganization was out front dropping off luggage. Upon return, we did the self-assist walk off(pretty far back in line) and once off the ship, we never stopped walking until we were in line for the customs agent. Only 2 couples in front of us there, and sailed right thru! They seemed to have just about all the customs lines opened and manned. It is great having the ramp to walk down and not dealing with elevators or escalators. Of course it is more walking, but really speeds up the process.

Ā 

Thanks that is good news!! :)

Ā 

Fantastic! Thanks for the good report.