Are some Jewel Panama itineraries dates better?

Boschmann

I have been watching the Jewel P/C itineraries since the Winter itinerary cancellations and new schedule that came out in early April. I am trying to decide why the Feb 5 and Feb 19 sailings are almost completely booked (only insides available) while those in Nov, Dec & Jan have many cabins, with some itineraries not selling well at all. I think the two in Feb were ones unchanged from their original listings in Oct, 2015, but I can't decide if this is the only reason that month is so popular. Wet season is supposed to end by December, is there any other reason for the vast difference in bookings? Did the "recent" changes to the itineraries make that much of a booking difference?

We're booked on the Jewel's Jan. 20, 2017 westbound Panama Canal sailing out of Miami, one of the ones the OP has asked about. This itinerary was only added a couple of months ago, after NCL cancelled a bunch of Mexican Riviera cruises for next winter and added several Panama Canal transits.

Our Roll Call right now is fairly small, and I attribute this to the fact that the sailing was just recently added, and added well after the Panama Canal sailings for next season had been released last fall. People weren't really looking for it; I know I was surprised to find it. Also, our sailing is 16-nights, two nights longer than the typical full transit sailings. So it's a teeny bit more expensive than the 14-nighters.

There are definitely good cabins still available. C'mon and join us! :)

Turtles06, I have been watching you Roll Call as I have had trouble deciding between your more unique itinerary and the others. I wouldn't mind missing Acapulco and hitting some of your ports. I feel the unique port intensive 16 day version is why comparatively it is much more booked and has a more active Roll Call than the others. My schedule is pushing me more towards December where the roll calls have very little activity and bookings appear light. Still, I am amazed at the February sailings apparent success.

Turtles06, I have been watching you Roll Call as I have had trouble deciding between your more unique itinerary and the others. I wouldn't mind missing Acapulco and hitting some of your ports. I feel the unique port intensive 16 day version is why comparatively it is much more booked and has a more active Roll Call than the others. My schedule is pushing me more towards December where the roll calls have very little activity and bookings appear light. Still, I am amazed at the February sailings apparent success.

Not sure why you feel this way. Check out the February data at this link:

http://www.holiday-weather.com/panama_canal/averages/

If you do wind up booking our cruise, please of course come and join our Roll Call.

BTW: we'll be in Cabo and Puerto Vallarta at the height of the whale migration and calving season. :) (It's not why we booked this particular sailing, but it was a definite plus when we found this out.)

Not sure why you feel this way. Check out the February data at this link:

http://www.holiday-weather.com/panama_canal/averages/

My amazement is in regard to the fact that only a very few rooms (insides only) are left for both Feb sailings. Your fairly active & booked Jan 20 sailing is unique and also in a less rainy prone time frame. My basic question pertains to whether Nov, Dec and (early) Jan are bad months for this itinerary.

My amazement is in regard to the fact that only a very few rooms (insides only) are left for both Feb sailings. Your fairly active & booked Jan 20 sailing is unique and also in a less rainy prone time frame. My basic question pertains to whether Nov, Dec and (early) Jan are bad months for this itinerary.

We did the partial transit early last December, but had some of the same ports. I have to say the weather was darn near perfect.

• 5 months later...
Can we join the roll call as we are on The Jewel leaving 20th Jan. First time on here too.

Hello and welcome to Cruise Critic!!

To join our Roll Call, please come over directly to the Roll Call thread for our cruise, which is at the following link, and post a reply at the end of the thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2350933

We're delighted to have you join us; when you post, please let us know if you also want to attend the Meet & Greet, as I'm keeping that list. :)

Thanks and looking forward to meeting you!