Periscope and a Responsive Review on Allure of the Seas July 3rd, 2016

That's great! Where do you work, can we walk there?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

You can! It's the Apple Store, lol. But I already left for the day :(

I hope you had a great day in south beach, the weather the past couple of days has been horrendous.

You should go down to south pointe park if you haven't already! It's nearby where you are (judging by your volleyball scope), although you're probably having dinner soon

No were early birds, we had dinner at 6pm haha. Kids trained us we'll.

We had dinner at a place named A Fish Called Avalon, recommended by the hotel staff.

It was very good. It started out with the standard bread (although a portion of it was warm raisin bread), followed up by a terrific lobster bisque that had some sort of sweet pink cream liquor on top.

5880779c78fdb9099ced80af6282aa10.jpg

e2b16f1aad2f81a908c39a79bf1fe912.jpg

Then, the main course arrived, which we shared... Paella with lobster, shrimp, calamari, mussels, scallops, tomatoes, spinach, orzo and more...it was so good that I passed out in a food coma!

18cde5f545b3c4611cb9dc8e328531f7.jpg

eb0ae8aaf07f7094373512571d061029.jpg

Haha, I have no clue why the pics are sideways as they are not that way in my phone.

After dinner we walked around and people watched. If you don't know...Miami Beach is a great place to people watch... So many people having so much fun.

Here's two pics we took while eating dinner outside.

2d7c2aab1c92936efeed7f4b74b4c64d.jpg

4e3c670d4060a8e4a72eeaa159f76aac.jpg

We also saw people riding giant big wheel (from when we were kids) that are apparently street legal now and also motorcycles with hydraulic lifts. A lot of other neat things that I just can't fit in here... Needless to say this is a fun city to be in.

After people watching, we went to the beach and watched the neatest volleyball game ever as they didn't use hands--just feet and their heads!

After that, we went to the beach and watched the waves for a bit (periscoped the waves) and we could have stayed there all night, it was very meditative.

A bit after 9 it started to get real dark and we figured we should get some rest before the big day tomorrow so we went back to our hotel, Room Mate Lord Balfour. It's a cute boutique hotel on Ocean Drive. The rooms are a bit small but I hear a lot of the Miami Beach hotels are as they were built so long ago. The hotel is very art deco (I think we may be in the art deco district).

I can't help it but I keep having the feeling I'm being watched...

830a1c873e13703ccfe5a7fa09e560ce.jpg

68925b0642d54f06b790951e72bc3a0a.jpg

And lol at this guy holding the soap all night...

e77a95001df50e4d96e620c41f5fc39b.jpg

Night all!

Woohoo, only 3 days until were traveling to South Florida!

98d87a6cfaed82d41f577cda954f590c.jpg

Is this a countdown clock or just your wallpaper? Or both? I love it! If it's a clock, which app is it?

Lenny, I just watched your cabin crawl scope and you asked about your hot phone. When I scope, or watch scopes, the phone does get hot. I have a partial case on my phone. Perhaps your phone got too hot. Scopes also drain a lot of battery power. I solved that by getting a new iPhone as my other one was a bit older and I also carry an auxiliary battery.

And just in case you didn't know it, you are doing a great job.

Lenny, your ship awaits in port for you. She is also docked the "normal" way, so hopefully you will have a sailaway today.;):)

Safe trip to the port and enjoy your day.

Thanks Andrew, we saw this post on the car and it made us feel real good! It was a good 40 min drive but everything takes longer with excitement!

Is this a countdown clock or just your wallpaper? Or both? I love it! If it's a clock, which app is it?

Yes, this is a phone app, called Countdown Plus: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appsbeyond.countdownplus.lite

We use it to see how many days for cruises, vacations and birthdays etc. You can upload your specific pictures you want for it to metro you and your friends excited when you share it. It's a one time fee of 5$ I think.

Lenny, I just watched your cabin crawl scope and you asked about your hot phone. When I scope, or watch scopes, the phone does get hot. I have a partial case on my phone. Perhaps your phone got too hot. Scopes also drain a lot of battery power. I solved that by getting a new iPhone as my other one was a bit older and I also carry an auxiliary battery.

And just in case you didn't know it, you are doing a great job.

Thanks for the tip Andrew. You rock as usual. Still so happy about your upgrade bud! We definitely would like to see that cabin, perhaps that may be our next upgrade in the future... Although I'm a bit scared, as I'm sure you are, what if you never go back to Sky Class? =O

Thanks for the tip Andrew. You rock as usual. Still so happy about your upgrade bud! We definitely would like to see that cabin, perhaps that may be our next upgrade in the future... Although I'm a bit scared, as I'm sure you are, what if you never go back to Sky Class? =O

Glad to help with the scope information.

We have the upgrade in August. If you want to see our CLS in November we can arrange it no problem at all.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Hi all, Only been on for 1 day so far, but really loving this cruise. Royal has really thought of everything!

We got on around 11am and immediately went to park cafe. We then went upstairs to book our Coastal Kitchen reservations. After that we went to the next cruise desk and were a bit confused on dates so we are still pondering... We then went to the vitality spa to get the thermal package which made us hungry so we then went to the boardwalk for the "Sicilian" dog, because why not?

After walking around a bit more to explore and wait for our room to be ready, we found ourselves in the solarium (which also has... You guessed it ... Food!) and had to sample the seafood paella, which was great.

Once the room was ready (about 1:45) we headed down to check out our room. We are in a junior suite on deck 8 starboard side. The room is super spacious and we are happy we opted for the js. Our bags weren't in yet, so we wandered up to the sports deck to get our wristbands and see if anyone was on the flow rider or zip line. Due to lightning the zip line had not opened yet, but some of the staff had just opened the flow rider for demonstration so we watched them for a bit.

We had a few minutes before the muster drill so we checked back in at our room and our bags were just being delivered. Perfect timing so we got a little unpacking done before muster. After that we watched sail away from our balcony!

Timing had all gone great so far and we were able to do a quick change of clothes before heading down for dinner at first seating in main dining room. We had a table for six but only four of us were there and we enjoyed the company of our table mates!

Since we were unsure if we were going to prefer the main dining room or coastal kitchen better, we had made late reservations at coastal kitchen as well. Why not have a second dinner on day one of vacation? Right?

Well, coastal kitchen was amazing and we think we will probably go there all week, that is after we find our table mates and tell them that it wasn't their company that made us change plans! The food was remarkable and the service was great. A little more slower pace that the main dining room, intimate and less crowded.

After dinner number two we enjoyed a stroll down Central Park and listened to the piano player which was a fabulous ambience and end to the evening!

598c502e2d68da232abbbade1bb9bad3.jpg Lenny and Valerie at the cruise terminal.

22ddf9b0b41177e7f1703d86b4d1d29c.jpg

Park Cafe Food

04a13c2319810d5f3de593ed320c82ae.jpg

Central Park

af4e7d2a08dfdffe93e2972c06eaef9e.jpg

Paella, daily catch off back of boat and miso soup

96873aba803c8d009975c37199dd3550.jpg

Mushroom crepe, turkey vegetable salad and feta tomatoes

5c7bc1dcbb54559b43743c1cd47aa895.jpg

The Sicilian is on a cheddar bun and I put sausage and peppers on it.

4ee1c4b543d2f20b4db568045bbb0a2a.jpg

Cupcakes!

d30bb996926159e391bd80e15ddb3562.jpg

Always love taking pictures in front of the Jonny Rocket status

a7356215971a0fdfc9008ec5889ab404.jpg

Valerie sculpting a horse!

e62fdfc65e69842a1ef368ef50a6b119.jpg

I had this for dinner one, a vegetable burrito, tasted like a veggie enchilada.

67a2ba5bba2abeeb3006c61a6a6226f7.jpg

Blueberry peach crumble with vanilla ice cream...

dddc70bcefb6c208022006dcbf367471.jpg

Moist chocolate cake ( Val couldn't wait)

Great scopes today Lenny. The Boardwalk was really done up well. They never did it up when we sailed on July 4th cruises. The RP was always done up though.

It looks like you and Val have had a great time today.

Edited by A&L_Ont