Periscope and a Responsive Review on Allure of the Seas July 3rd, 2016

They did fireworks from the Breakaway when we were on board. So it isn't impossible. :) And Disney does it all the time.

That's neat to know. I can see how professionally trained crew measuring wind and other factors can pull it off. Perhaps, cost/benefit ratio is not good enough on RCCL sort of like the midnight buffet I miss (although that had to be such a waste of food).

I am on this sailing too! Can't wait.!!!

Hooray, it's going to be awesome!

Yes, we can't wait either!! :D

The problem is if we can get our work finished early this week we can head to S. Florida a few days earlier... but you know how that goes. So, it's hurry up and wait I suppose!

Yay Lenny! Glad your sail date is finally approaching soon. You'll have to tell us what they do for the holiday.

I'm also interested in the itinerary. A few cool new itineraries for Allure lately.

I'll be checking in here and on Periscope. I know you'll both have a wonderful time. :)

Thanks Pharaoh, it's because of your's and other similar scopers out there that I decided to do it... You guys are sharing so why shouldn't we. Everyone deserves some cruise fun!

Hooray, it's going to be awesome!

Yes, we can't wait either!! :D

The problem is if we can get our work finished early this week we can head to S. Florida a few days earlier... but you know how that goes. So, it's hurry up and wait I suppose!

No kidding - this is going to be the longest work week ever!!! Friday can't come soon enough!

I am on your sailing too. Can't wait!!

This work week can't be finished soon enough. Luckily, I am only working through Wednesday.

Minus the Periscope part, I could have written your initial post. We are going on the cruise without our kids for our 10 year anniversary - thanks Grandparents. I am also figuring out the whole Voom situation as we want to skype or facetime with the kids but I also don't want to be tempted to check work emails or other work info. I am thinking about getting the package so I can text my husband on board (as opposed to a walkie talkie) and then have skype access to the kids and I will delete all my work sites and email off my phone. I too am looking forward to unplugging but also want certain access.

I am on your sailing too. Can't wait!!

This work week can't be finished soon enough. Luckily, I am only working through Wednesday.

Minus the Periscope part, I could have written your initial post. We are going on the cruise without our kids for our 10 year anniversary - thanks Grandparents. I am also figuring out the whole Voom situation as we want to skype or facetime with the kids but I also don't want to be tempted to check work emails or other work info. I am thinking about getting the package so I can text my husband on board (as opposed to a walkie talkie) and then have skype access to the kids and I will delete all my work sites and email off my phone. I too am looking forward to unplugging but also want certain access.

That's great - Happy Anniversary! We look forward to running into you guys on board!

We did a similar no kids cruise on our 5th anniversary. We'll be missing our children (but not too much, at least for the first few days haha). And yes, thinking the VOOM will help alleviate that somewhat. We are unsure if we are going to get "two" internet packages to communicate between ourselves as we are typically together. We have done walkies before and that has helped in some situations--especially with children. #unplugfromstress

We are on this sailing also, first time on RCCL !!! looking forward to it. Does anyone know if they have a onboard app that we can text with my 10 yr old around the ship ?? i know other cruise lines do but i haven't seen anything as of yet. Thanks...

We are on this sailing also, first time on RCCL !!! looking forward to it. Does anyone know if they have a onboard app that we can text with my 10 yr old around the ship ?? i know other cruise lines do but i haven't seen anything as of yet. Thanks...

No Royal texting app on Allure.

Lenny: do you have any excursions planned? I have the same itinerary on Allure in September.

We do not typically plan excursions ahead of time as we are go-with-the-flow while cruising, if we even get off the boat at all in some ports we've been to many times. We really love the ship experience! If anything, we'll pick up a zipline, snorkel or bike tour once we get in country and gauge the weather.

Perhaps one day they will get that app. Regardless, you're all going to have so much fun!

:D:D:D:D:D

Only a few more days!

Welcome to RCCL! I am loyal to "Royal" with the Allure being my 13th RCCL sailing. I've cruised other lines, but really enjoy the overall cruise experience Royal has to offer.

Have you signed up for the Meet and Mingle? Great way to meet fellow CC members.

Perhaps one day they will get that app. Regardless, you're all going to have so much fun!

Oh, i am sure and really looking forward to it as well... Have been wanting to go on Royal for a long time and finally we were able to work it out. Looks amazing by everything i am reading on it. Hopefully my daughter meets some friends and enjoys the kids club...

Well, better late then never!

We're finally off to South Beach.

Had a tiny flood at our office coupled with a down server at the last minute... Murphy and his laws are setting us straight this week lol!

Lenny is driving and navigation has us at 3.5 hours, so we should arrive a bit after 5pm.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

Well, better late then never!

We're finally off to South Beach.

Had a tiny flood at our office coupled with a down server at the last minute... Murphy and his laws are setting us straight this week lol!

Lenny is driving and navigation has us at 3.5 hours, so we should arrive a bit after 5pm.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

Just landed in FLL. Vacation has begun!