Can't reserve land excursions in advance and use shipboard credit??

JimBob16

There is a statement, "we are working on technology plans to allow onboard credits to apply to cruises on a prebooked basis. That will hopefully come into place in 2017." What is difficult about "technology" to "allow" the OBC to apply? Why not just go ahead and allow it now?:mad:

There is a statement, "we are working on technology plans to allow onboard credits to apply to cruises on a prebooked basis. That will hopefully come into place in 2017." What is difficult about "technology" to "allow" the OBC to apply? Why not just go ahead and allow it now?:mad:

The fact that it is actually run by RCI, and they can't even get Celebrity's website [which is a more important revenue generator] to work right?

Hi Bonnie, missed your above post earlier this week and am now glad to see it. We had planned on trying to cancel and rebook once onboard to use some of our OBC but, am pretty sure about a month or two ago we saw a post where you or someone else said that this would no longer be allowed. We're sailing next month and want to try and take advantage of using our OBC (not excursion only) to pay for an already booked and we had given up that chance but, this gives us another chance. Just wanted to make sure this response from you is correct considering my memory about this no longer being allowed some time ago. Oh, and you had mentioned that you might have an answer regarding the document process on Tuesday but, what with the holiday weekend, might take a bit longer. Now3 days later, any word? Thanks,

Hi rallydave,

I know...I too was just wondering about the detail we requested on the document process. What I believe happened is Larry returned from extended travels this past week and there were meetings, new "to-do" lists, and as you've seen his Q&A on CC is quite busy.

I shall gently remind them you are waiting for the document process to be spelled out, and I'll post as soon as I have it.