Infinity now. A quick review.

newmilford

"Thanks for posting...looks very basic but adequate...gone are the days of exquisitely baked breads and rolls on X."

I spent most of my recent cruise avoiding the exquisite looking pastries in the case at Cafe Al Bacio. Temptation got the better of me...had half a chocolate croissant on the last day!

So that's where the goodies may be found...!

I am glad the later posts indicate no major issues with the Infinity since I just booked Alaska 2017.

I haven't sailed on Celebrity since 2000 so I reading all the recent posts that I find :)

Edited by LEtue

Sometimes it is best to not critique until you have had time to digest all the facts and experiences. That being said, the 6/26 Infinity Alaska Glacier cruise was one of the best experiences in 17 cruises. The staff and crew were exceptional and not one truly negative comment can be made. Excursions great, MickeyLive was exceptional and really kept us engaged in the Alaskan adventure from day 1.

Will catch up with some pics and further comments in the coming days.

IMG_0251.jpg.1a5d476f5baf4e277d1dd390e5093ef1.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg.c9b8242beb2c1c88f6af031089c48f30.jpg

Sometimes it is best to not critique until you have had time to digest all the facts and experiences. That being said, the 6/26 Infinity Alaska Glacier cruise was one of the best experiences in 17 cruises. The staff and crew were exceptional and not one truly negative comment can be made. Excursions great, MickeyLive was exceptional and really kept us engaged in the Alaskan adventure from day 1.

Will catch up with some pics and further comments in the coming days.

We were on that same cruise! We had a great time also! Only thing I was disappointed in was the drinks. I was very annoyed with the way the bars were limited with the alcohol you were entitled to on the classic beverage package. It was unacceptable that the only drink I wanted I was only able to get at the outdoor pool bar. Seriously??? Not acceptable.

What's weird is. I have only heard bits and pieces. I don't know of a detailed account of what actually goes on

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'll try!

We had seen the listing in the dailies (Silent Disco at Martini Bar") but didn't pay it much mind. On the last evening of our cruise we were leaving the theater and when we got to the Martini Bar area we came across a table of headphones laid out on a table. They were lit up with different colors - red, green or blue. There was a crew member at the table to explain. He told us it's very easy - one side of the headset is used to change volume and the other is used to change channels - there are 3 of them. One leans towards oldies, one leans to the 80's, and the other is more contemporary.

I put the headset on and the first thing I heard was Culture Club's It's a Miracle. I was hooked! The bartenders were listening and dancing, too. It was great, because you control what you're listening to and you also control the volume. You could even choose to not wear a headset. There was a DJ there controlling all 3 channels. It was LOTS of fun, and a riot to take your headset off. You could hear people singing along to Madonna's Vogue simultaneously with others singing to Runaround Sue and Uptown Funk.

Hope that helps a little!!

can u tell us about the lounge where there is ballroom dancing before dinner in a nice bar forgot the name

do they still dance there

thanks

I'm not sure, but you must be thinking of either the Rendezvous Lounge on deck 4 outside of the main dining room or the Constellation Lounge on deck 11 all the way forward. We saw dancers in the Rendezvous Lounge occasionally, but you'd have to keep an eye on the dailies to find out what's going on throughout the ship. Years ago, the Rendezvous used to be 2 stories high, with a rail on deck 5 overlooking the dance floor below. That changed when the M-Class ships were "Solsticized".

yes thank you it is the lounge outside the dining room

I remember being on the ship two years ago and the condition of the bar stools in the lounge and the couches were really bad. wondering if they were replaced.

we did see quite a few people dancing

thanks for the info

We will be sailing on the Infinity on July 31st. It will be our first time on Celebrity. Look forward to any updates you might have during your trip (eg. how many evening chic nights, and of course what the food is like on board). Enjoy your cruise!

When you go, could you please report on sea day activities aboard the Infinity? We're doing the Panama Canal in November, and it's 15 days, six ports, so I'd really love to know what's good to do when there's no port to visit. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the review of the Infinity newmilford. Do you recall if the new Roof Top Terrace outdoor theatre area is accessible for mobility challenged individuals. Is there a lift or must you use stairs ? Thx.

I was on Infinty last April. There IS a lift to the rooftop terrace, port side.

Edited by El Crucero

Glad to see they are doing the Silent Disco Party. It is nothing new, it has been done on sister line RCCI for many, many years now with great success.

But on my last several Royal cruises, we only had 2 channels to choose from..........have booked the Infinity B2B next Sept of 2017 and looking forward to having 3 channels, plus seeing all the entertainment.

Have sailed around the Horn of South America with Mickey Live. Note to self, if he still is contracted with Infinity by the time we cruise, must bring pix of him going across the equator..:D:D I'm sure he will be thrilled!

Can you still have lunch in the MDR?

I see they still have waffles, are they still as good as I remember?

Any more info of this ship or any suggestions would be much appreciated!

• 2 months later...