Just off Harmony - Royal Family Suite - Any questions?

My family and I were on the June 19th sailing on the Harmony. I will be posting an overall review soon, but I'd be happy to answer any specific questions in the meantime. I received so much helpful info in these boards pre-cruise, I'd love to return the favor! Ask away, and I'll do my best to answer.

My family and I were on the June 19th sailing on the Harmony. I will be posting an overall review soon, but I'd be happy to answer any specific questions in the meantime. I received so much helpful info in these boards pre-cruise, I'd love to return the favor! Ask away, and I'll do my best to answer.

We were on the same sailing as you, but in a Grand Suite. What a fabulous ship Harmony is, hope you enjoyed the cruise as much as we did.

We were in a Royal Family Suite which is only Sky Level, so no genie for us. (I'm not sure why these cabins didn't qualify for Star Level given the price and that you have to book for at least 5 people, but that's a different thread!).

That being said, the suite lounge and the wonderful staff that worked there made all the difference. We were frequent visitors and took advantage of the complimentary drinks, snacks, desserts, personal assistance every day!

Also continue question from above.... Was there a separate line for suite guests when showing up for shows? They say show up 20 minutes before show and they will seat us. Is that still the case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the shows - it is a huge perk to not need reservations! Most of the time we would show our suite cards and would just get waved in - once or twice they might have scanned them. There is a cordoned off area for suite guests but you are free to sit anywhere.

Favorite perk? The suite lounge, hands down. There are a LOT of people on this ship, and the suite lounge provides a lovely, comfortable place to relax and unwind. The free drinks available in the lounge all day were also a big part of this! There were many times when we went to the lounge to grab a drink and left immediately to go to dinner or a show... There was no problem taking drinks out of the lounge. The suite lounge bartenders, Mary and Jude, quickly learned our preferences and took great care of us. We were also able to get bottled water from the lounge which we did nightly for the next day's excursions.

You are welcome! Just to clarify on the drinks.. Between 11-11 you can get sodas and selected beer, wine and sparkling wine. Hard alcohol is only available between 5-8:30. I was happy because I was able to get my Strongbow cider all day long with a rum punch or two in the evening. (Thanks, Mary!)

Looking forward to review. Do they allow bringing soda cans or wine on board?

Two 750ml bottles of wine are allowed, per stateroom. Soda is against the rules, but usually allowed.

I see you embarked on Rome. What time did they let you on board? Also on disembarkation- where is the luggage picked up. We have booked a private transfer that is picking us up on the pier. Just wondering if we are better to self-disembark

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No pool in the solarium???

Are there separate bedrooms with doors or just curtains??

We will be in Royal Family Suite #9644.

May I ask if there is a sink for water by the coffee maker area in the living room?

There was no where to get water on the RFS on the Anthem so we had to obtain water to make coffee from the washroom which was not very appetizing or use bottled water.

Thank you.

Separate doors for both bedrooms and bathrooms. No extra sink by the coffee maker, but we found getting coffee from room service worked well. You can also get bottled water from the suite lounge.

They prefer nothing taken out of the lounge, but will likely overlook one per person.

We had no problems taking drinks out of the lounge - no one even looked our way. Often we had a drink of some sort plus a bottle of water or even a can of soda for later.

I see you embarked on Rome. What time did they let you on board? Also on disembarkation- where is the luggage picked up. We have booked a private transfer that is picking us up on the pier. Just wondering if we are better to self-disembark

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We actually embarked in Barcelona - they hadn't yet started interpreting on our week, so I'm not much help on this. We did a self-disembark in Barcelona so we carried off our own luggage. We left the ship at 6 am and it was a breeze!