staggered check in roll out not communicated properly

jocko4279

They are going to staggered check in for Baltimore beginning July 10th (my cruise). I don't have a problem with this, but I think there are two reasons it's not being rolled out correctly:

A. I only found out through a post oh J.H.'s page, total luck. no communication via email or anything from Carnival.

B. wouldn't it make more sense to pick a date and announce any future booking from this time on must select a check in time? Instead of haphazardly announcing 11 days before a cruise that you must select one to people who have already checked in. Seems a bit confusing.

I guess it doesn't matter much to me being Platinum, even though they still want you to pick out a time slot. I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of confusion at the port 7-10-16 with people being turned away and what not, and I don't think it's their fault. many just might not know

Just my thoughts...

They are going to staggered check in for Baltimore beginning July 10th (my cruise). I don't have a problem with this, but I think there are two reasons it's not being rolled out correctly:

A. I only found out through a post oh J.H.'s page, total luck. no communication via email or anything from Carnival.

B. wouldn't it make more sense to pick a date and announce any future booking from this time on must select a check in time? Instead of haphazardly announcing 11 days before a cruise that you must select one to people who have already checked in. Seems a bit confusing.

I guess it doesn't matter much to me being Platinum, even though they still want you to pick out a time slot. I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of confusion at the port 7-10-16 with people being turned away and what not, and I don't think it's their fault. many just might not know

Just my thoughts...

Carnival should immediately send emails to those affected by this change.

Just my thoughts...

I would not be happy either if this happened to me without the respect of Carnival notifying me in advance. Another brilliant decision by Carnival....

I just happened to go on my cruise manager yesterday to edit something and saw they added the check-in time for my July 17th cruise. No emails or anything.

Curious what time they gave you.....

I got to choose my time. I picked 11:00am - 11:30am.

Weird...I looked for my cruise out of Baltimore and the option to choose a time isn't there. Was there something special you had to do to make it show up? I even checked my checkin option twice today. And it still looks the old way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weird...I looked for my cruise out of Baltimore and the option to choose a time isn't there. Was there something special you had to do to make it show up? I even checked my checkin option twice today. And it still looks the old way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click on edit online check in in the blue box to the left hand side of your cruise manager. Then it says pick a check in time on the left.

It is easy to miss if you already checked in.

Sue

OP: Just curious -- are you the main person listed on the reservation? Meaning, is there a star next to your name or is your name first when you pull up the cruise in your Cruise Manager? If not, then perhaps the main person on the reservation received the e-mail and did not share. I am only asking as I am traveling with two others and am the main person on the reservation. I received the e-mail to choose a check-in time, but the others did not.

Just my thoughts...

Are you surprised?????