YTD on Pride, long wait?

dandn10

Were sailing on Pride in October. Currently we have YTD but are thinking about switching to late seating since the early seating is wait listed. We do not like to wait more then 5-10 min when we go for dinner. Does anyone have any experiences with YTD on Pride?

Not on the Pride but do on the Miracle. If it is two of you I have never waited.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We did ATD on the Pride a few years back with a party of 5. Got there early, seated fast and kids ( young adults ) were on there way early to party.

Wonder about this quote, if my wife and I want a table for just 2, does this mean you took first available or it's easy to get a table for 2? Pictures of the Grape Ape room looks like there are a lot of tables for 2.

Wife sometimes has bad migraines and I'm the only one she can put up with. 30yrs and I'm still hanging in there.

Mahalo, Tim

Longest we waited was half an hour on elegant night. Told if you wanted to be seated right away to come either 6 or eight. Like my husband said its really not ytd if you have to go certain times. This cruise we are going back to 1st seating, its a different atmosphere.

We only book with YTD as we want a table for 2 unless we meet folks on the ship with whom we'd like to dine!

We do go early though, and don't have to wait.

We also find one serving team that we like and stick with them the whole cruise so that they get to know us.

You just ask for them each time and it is the same good service you'd get from the set time dining.

We tried set time dining once and just didn't like being with strangers that we may /may not enjoy.

We did ATD on the Pride a few years back with a party of 5. Got there early, seated fast and kids ( young adults ) were on there way early to party.

Wonder about this quote, if my wife and I want a table for just 2, does this mean you took first available or it's easy to get a table for 2? Pictures of the Grape Ape room looks like there are a lot of tables for 2.

Wife sometimes has bad migraines and I'm the only one she can put up with. 30yrs and I'm still hanging in there.

Mahalo, Tim

I've simply walked in and asked for a table and they have sat me and the DW down immediately. On the Miracle there does appear for YTD to be more table settings for 4 and under then for larger groups. I think alot of the ones who have trouble and long waits are those in larger groups. Personally if I was traveling with more then 4 I would do assigned. Under that and I do YTD.

Were sailing on Pride in October. Currently we have YTD but are thinking about switching to late seating since the early seating is wait listed. We do not like to wait more then 5-10 min when we go for dinner. Does anyone have any experiences with YTD on Pride?

We sailed Pride in May with our grown sons and their lovely ladies. (Six of us.)

Having booked YTD on the last five cruises and having great experiences and no wait times (we were also parties of six, but friends those times) we went with our usual routine of meeting up at Raphael Bar outside the dining room at 6:30. The line for YTD was all the way to the photo gallery! We were shocked. It took us almost 20 minutes just to put in our names and get a buzzer, then another 45 minutes to get seated.

Fluke, we thought. Surely something is going on because we were always immediately seated at 6:30 with YTD on past cruises.

Next night, same thing.

Every night after that, if we didn't arrive by 6:00 we had very long waits. We walked around at 5:30 a couple of nights to find long lines already formed. (YTD begins at 5:45.)

We think what happened was that lots of people wanted 6:00 assigned seating and didn't get it so they went to YTD for 6:00. This is purely speculation but we saw no other reason for the very long lines.

We think what happened was that lots of people wanted 6:00 assigned seating and didn't get it so they went to YTD for 6:00. This is purely speculation but we saw no other reason for the very long lines.

I think you are right, but also Pride YTD is only on the upper balcony area, right? Much less seating up there.

I think you are right, but also Pride YTD is only on the upper balcony area, right? Much less seating up there.

Yes.

But two of the other cruises I mentioned (six people, YTD, immediately being seated) were both on Legend, which has the same layout as Pride.

After 6 cruises on the Pride with YTD we only had to wait one night to get a table for two. While we were told the wait would be about 15 mins, we only waited 10 mins. We always ask for and get a table for two. Also I have mobility issues and the hostess always gets us a table near the front so I don't have to go far. Will be using YTD next month on Pride cruise #7