New to Silversea and Luxury Cruising - Information Please

ernieb

Yes you can order something items not on the menu.

We managed to get Beef Wellington to help celebrate a wedding anniversary. When we got back to the room, we had a table laid with a lovely cake and a card signed by the captain.

i expect we will go for it again next march on the wifes birthday whilst onboard.

suite travels/miles, good for y'all...was going to say that's what spouses are for--but would get rightly chastised--however @ home we both (more Ida than me) do laundry.

ok y'all (Tothesunset, Candy/Spinnaker2), me thinks tmi (too much information) :)

Wes, LOl... I did laundry for years and did not mind it. My mom did my laundry before I went to college and then I was thrown into the real world....you are on your own with no money get a part time job.:eek: OK mother...I am a proud worker at Jack In The Box right across from TCU but I don't have time between classes to do laundry. Mom told me tough...you will make time and learn. The girls dorm was right across from ours and I begged somebody to teach me how to do laundry and iron. A girl I met in class helped me out and I learned how to wash clothes without destroying them and iron and fold.:eek:

Now today, I just hate looking at the machines in the laundry room. You need to be a rocket scientist to operate them.

The good news is I do dishes...in the dishwasher. No more pizza boxes in the dorm room.

Ernie, if your TA, American Express (if you paid for your cruise with the Amx platinum or centurion card) or Silversea has provided you with a Shipboard credit for your booking you could use some of this to pay for laundry/dry cleaning or pressing charges. We agree with Tothesunset--we would pay between $30-$40 daily if we paid for our laundry (we exercise twice daily while aboard). Therefore our Silver Wind fall crossing @17 days would cost us between ($500-$610) if we paid for our laundry.

Silversea's free laundry benefit after 100 days sailing is wonderful and a generous frequent floater benefit. For example on Regent it takes 200 days sailing to earn this free laundry bennie.

Per SS website, if you book a Silver Suite (laundry is included) or above (Grand, Royal, Owners includes Laundry, dry cleaning and pressing).

We recently disembarked the Whisper. We were in a silver suite and our laundry and dry cleaning were complimentary.