Fine, I'll Try a Small Ship - Live GRANDEUR Review (July 2, 2016)

Cannot believe I did not see this review until today. I love reading reviews...especially from the "regulars" here. It took me two hours to read, but this was one of the most entertaining reviews I have ever read. Love that you turned even the "not so good" into positives and made it funny. Thank you for this delightful thread. ALMOST makes me want to try this ship. :D:D:D

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Anyone who has done this cruise recently, please tell me about your experience. For example, did you enjoy the ports? I've never sailed on the Grandeur, but see that it was recently renovated, how did you enjoy the ship? My family and I will be going on this cruise in March 2017.

• 2 weeks later...

On Grandeur of the Seas- evening 5. We are rocking ==on way from Bar Harbor to St John, Canada. After a beautiful day Hermine has given us rough seas & rain.

After booking this cruise a year ago- I started reading the many NEGATIVE reviews. I almost looked for another cruise but this fit our schedule the best. I HAVE FOUND NO NEGATIVES .. The shows may not be as grand as the huge newer ships but are entertaining. The piano show performer- tonight had just been on Anthem and 2 more days- he will leave for another ship.

Food in the Windjammer & the Main Dining Room have been more than good.

internet is VERY SLOW- That is a negative. Will write more later.

On Grandeur of the Seas- evening 5. We are rocking ==on way from Bar Harbor to St John, Canada. After a beautiful day Hermine has given us rough seas & rain.

After booking this cruise a year ago- I started reading the many NEGATIVE reviews. I almost looked for another cruise but this fit our schedule the best. I HAVE FOUND NO NEGATIVES .. The shows may not be as grand as the huge newer ships but are entertaining. The piano show performer- tonight had just been on Anthem and 2 more days- he will leave for another ship.

Food in the Windjammer & the Main Dining Room have been more than good.

internet is VERY SLOW- That is a negative. Will write more later.

Uh oh. There can only be one King of the Grandeur. I think you will have to duel it out with York for the crown. Will York enlist the help of the Queen of Dragons or perhaps the many Wildlings that troll Periscope to defend his throne?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Uh oh. There can only be one King of the Grandeur. I think you will have to duel it out with York for the crown. Will York enlist the help of the Queen of Dragons or perhaps the many Wildlings that troll Periscope to defend his throne?

Ha! I've only been on Lady G once so I'm more like the Pawn of the Grandeur.

I do plan to sail her a lot more in the future though. So maybe in a couple of years I can be promoted to Rook of the Grandeur.

(Disclaimer- I don't play chess so it's very possible that I'm butchering these chess analogies).

I felt like I was on this cruise with you reading your review. Thanks for the info and the laughs! I was fully absorbed and am now late for work....

I have only sailed the NCL mega ships (*ducks thrown rotten tomatoes that are being flinged at me*). But you may have created a convert. I am not a far drive from Baltimore so it is more convenient for us to leave from there vs flying to a NCL departure port. I have been leery about smaller ships but this sounds great. Will give Grandeur a try for our next adults only cruise. I think the kiddos may fair better on the bigger ships but this really sounds like my speed. Thanks!

Day 9 on Grandeur of Seas- almost home. We have cruised the larger ships & this week found that we prefer the smaller ships. Many yrs ago- we sailed out of Charleston on NCL's smallest & oldest ship- no longer in fleet ( I cannot even remember the name.). Grandeur has had many negative reviews- to the point- we almost cancelled- but we have found nothing to be negative- except maybe the internet speed. We have always wanted to cruise to NewEngland & canada and this was the closest port to our Atlanta home. RCCL has several ships that are this size - sailing from Florida so wewill be looking at those.

Dan, thank you for the reply. I had read the reviews and was thinking of canceling also, due to the negative reviews. My husband and I are traveling with our 5 year old and the biggest thing that I'm worried about is there not being enough to keep our son entertained. Is there a kids waterpark area on this ship? Did you notice the age of the ship at all?

Cruzgirl- I saw the children's area up on top deck- only thru the windows- Did not have a water park. There were 20 kids on this past week.

I saw no signs of age problems. We actually prefer the smaller ships & will staywith this class for future cruises. We have no kids.

djay

Edited by djay

The shower curtain is a easy fix. I use the clips that hold the towels to the chair. I clip them on the bottom of the curtain in side the shower and it stays put.

Thanks for the idea. We often cruise on Vision and Radiance class (which, as I remember, also has shower curtains), and this is a fix that doesn't even require bringing anything extra.

Margy

• 7 months later...

I have no idea who you are and I have never even been on a cruise before but this was HILARIOUS! Thank you!!! I also appreciate all the information. I'm sailing on this ship in the fall for my first ever cruise and I'm thrilled to know so much about it, and to see that at least some of the other cruisers will have such great senses of humor!! I'm so excited to explore more...... You're awesome!

Oh and I'm from CLE so added bonuses there :)

Lisa

I have no idea who you are and I have never even been on a cruise before but this was HILARIOUS! Thank you!!! I also appreciate all the information. I'm sailing on this ship in the fall for my first ever cruise and I'm thrilled to know so much about it, and to see that at least some of the other cruisers will have such great senses of humor!! I'm so excited to explore more...... You're awesome!

Oh and I'm from CLE so added bonuses there :)

Lisa

Wow, thank you. We should be back onboard July 8th. Enjoy your cruise as well. It's worth the wait.

So I can get another great and entertaining review then! Woo HOO! :)

No pressure.;)

Will try my best to entertain, but after the cruise I am flying back to the Bahamas to swim with the piggies, so my review will be written on my return. :cool: