Breeze out of Galveston

2prettygirls

So we are going on our 3rd cruise, first time cruising out of Galveston so I am just curious about getting to the port? We are flying in the day prior and prefer to stay in Galveston the night before cruise. We have found that shuttle services are limited, so I am reaching out hoping you can help. What is the most efficient way for a group of 6 to travel from Houston Hobby airport into Galveston and get to port the following day.

Thanks!

I would also look to stay at a hotel in Galveston that provides shuttle service to the pier or stay at the Harbor House and you can walk to the pier.

I don't know why people expect the transfer to be cheap since it is 70+ miles from Bush IAH to Galveston and 45 miles from Hobby Airport.

We always use the Carnival shuttle. We usually fly in the day before, and grab a rental car. We drop it off at the airport the next morning, and then catch the Carnival shuttle to the port. I believe it's something like $35 per person, one way. It's convenient and somewhat cheap.

We are using Galveston Express, but it is only two of us. I think the price is fair. I have to pay a similar amount to get to the San Francisco airport which is a little over 70 miles from me.

With 6 people, it may be more cost effective - and less hassel - to rent a car for the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have currently booked Galveston Express, which to me I think is a great price! We were quoted $35/child and per senior and $45/adult, that is round trip. I looked into renting a car and we would have to rent a minivan to fit luggage which isn't the cheapest, by the time we pay $65 for parking all week, we are still over our shuttle cost even if we throw in a taxi the day we arrive to go to dinner.

I am wondering about this too. There are 4 of us -- flying in the day before and flying out the day we get back. I didn't know the airports were so far away until I started checking on this. I don't expect it to be cheap, but I definitely want something reliable. Will Carnival guarantee our return to airport to make a flight as long as it is after 1:30 pm?

We're renting a car for the week and staying at a park and cruise with free shuttle to the port. It wound up being about the same price as shuttle with less hassle.

What hotel did you get for park and cruise with free shuttle?

I have posted this before and I'm trying to get the message out. We cruised out of Galveston 02/15. The six in our party flew to Hobby, got a van at the taxi stand, paid $100 plus tip. Our driver offered to come back at the end of the cruise, but we declined. Getting a cab at the port took more time (about 20 minutes) but wasn't horrible. the reputation is that taxis are horribly expensive and we didn't find that to be the case at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So we are going on our 3rd cruise, first time cruising out of Galveston so I am just curious about getting to the port? We are flying in the day prior and prefer to stay in Galveston the night before cruise. We have found that shuttle services are limited, so I am reaching out hoping you can help. What is the most efficient way for a group of 6 to travel from Houston Hobby airport into Galveston and get to port the following day.

Thanks!

Check out Super Shuttle. I used the app and booked a private car with driver to and from Galveston, got a discount and it ended up being cheaper with taxes and gratuity included than a shared shuttle:)

What hotel did you get for park and cruise with free shuttle?

I'm staying at the Comfort Suites - good rate, free cruise parking and a shuttle to and from the pier. There is a small charge for the shuttle - I think it was $12 or $15 RT per person. I've been told that a taxi would be $15 for just one way so I thought it was a deal but I'm a solo. If you have others with you it might be expense for the shuttle. However, the terminal looks to be 10 - 15 miles away so you could take all the others to the terminal and then come back and park and only pay for 1 taking the shuttle.