Drink Prices on the Navigator (I know ... again!)

Hi

We've just upgraded ourselves from an oceanview stateroom to a Guaranteed Suite but had to sacrifice the Select Drinks package we had originally received as part of our booking :mad:

Now considering which drinks package to get (if any) - have already lost to a slight price hike following Brexit (Select up about £35).

Some quick price questions hopefully recent passengers can help with:

• Cost of individual sodas (cokes etc.), and do they have the self serve machines on Navigator yet?

• Cost of mocktails - I think around $5

• Blue Moon - $6.25?

• Bottles of sparkling water - $???

Thanks in advance

Thanks - are the tap/pump (?) sodas the same price?

Fountain sodas are only available with a package. If you don't have a package, then cans are the only soda you can purchase.

Fountain sodas are only available with a package. If you don't have a package, then cans are the only soda you can purchase.

Ah Ok - hadn't realised that! Thanks :o

Can't decide if to get another Select but not a heavy drinker - probably 4 beers tops a day plus a few sodas daytime by the pool! I reckon its a close call :confused:

Ah Ok - hadn't realised that! Thanks :o

Can't decide if to get another Select but not a heavy drinker - probably 4 beers tops a day plus a few sodas daytime by the pool! I reckon its a close call :confused:

I'd skip the package if that's all you think you would consume. I think you would come out ahead, and remember there are port days where you would not be able to use the package all day.

@Aidy2009 I was on Navigator in May and just to give you a heads up of what drinks roughly cost (the girlfriend is a total hoarder and kept EVERY drinks receipt!). I was on board celebrating my 30th and was absolutely cacking it thinking that if i didn't opt for a drinks package, I would end up with a bill that would frighten the convent and bank manager alike! However as it turned out, me and the missus only ended up spending $200 odd for the both of us over a 9 night cruise and that included cocktails, beers and spirit mixer drinks.

So I thought I would give you a break down of what we experienced just to give you a heads up of what to expect as this "may" give a picture as to whether or not to get it with your own hard earned cash: -

Water - Unsure of as we didn't get any, we did lift a few from the mini bar but probably paid over the odds for it so unable to quote on this one as the on screen tv bill just showed mini bar bill and didn't itemise it so can't comment on individual pricing. Have a look at the Evian bottled water option if that may be applicable? We didn't purchase sparkling water and didn't see it being sold but then again we weren't looking out for it so again cannot comment on this sorry!

Soda - Unsure of the cost per drink as I opted for the Soda Package @ £5.46 or so per person per day (so looking at your 14 itinerary that would put the soda package price at roughly £76-£80 per person for the trip?) however few things want to make you aware of: -

- as we pre-purchased our soda package, there were a few times we forgot our cups and asked the Cafe Promenade barista person (as he was also serving the Starbucks/Ben & Jerrys Ice Cream counter section) I wanted a soda and he would either get a plastic cup and either fill it from draught for the normal stuff like Coca Cola, Diet Coke, Sprite etc or fill up my cup and the availability of this was ship wide so no problems getting the big 3

- however a slight annoyance was the availability of other Coca Cola branded drinks like Fanta and Coca Cola Zero so if you were successful in getting this it might be poured out from a 2 litre Bottle into a glass or Soda Package cup.

- All the above applies when you get a soda from any bar on the ship. I very rarely seen a can of soda being handed over from any bar, it was primarily draught or from a bottle. Little hint would be Fanta tends to be available from Cafe Promenade and the Plaza Bar (I think it's called?) at Windjammer Buffet. Cafe Promenade had Coca Cola Zero however I would recommend going to the Two Poets pub for the best selection of soda and drinks - was able to get the Schweppes Canada Dry Ginger Ale draught into my Soda Cup from this place (if you're partial to that!)

Beer - I don't normally drink a lot of beers nowadays as I'm a spirits person however I did order a Sol and a Miller Lite beer and they were roughly $7-8 each with gratuities (as a ballpark figure, I can't for the life of me find that receipt!) so essentially I would imagine you would have to drink 3-5 beers a day plus the odd soda or two to break even possibly? I don't know how much the Select Drinks package would cost you so just hazarding an educated guess

Spirits - unfortunately my experience was rather mixed and generally depended on what bar you went to and what time it was (i.e. how busy was it). I ordered a Grey Goose vodka with Coca Cola, made a habit of saying this incase they used another brand, and in Schooner bar my bill was roughly $8-9 with gratuities yet in R Bar I ordered the same thing and was charged $5 or so for a Fresh Orange juice (that drink tasted the best of course!!). They were in the same ballpark as some sub $10 cocktail options

Tip would be as well to check out the bottom of the Cruise Compass page as they mention what the cocktail of the day is and it's roughly $8-9 each (I'm assuming they are discounting these drinks by about 10-15% or so)

Finally, I would ask either Royal Caribbean or fellow members here what your allowance may be depending on what room you have been allocated. As densol mentions you may have some drinks related perks in the Concierge Lounge if you have a Grand Suite or above

I hope this helps you out

Thanks for the replies.

@ densol We are 'just' a Junior Suite so no additional perks as far as I'm aware :(

I have gone for a Select package at £376 for 14 days (just shy of £27 a day) - that was pre-Brexit!

I reckon beers are c. £5 a day, so average 4 a day, plus the sodas, plus maybe wine at dinner should make break even?

@tallpaul86 $200 does seem good value - around £150 or £17 a day. I assume that was just the alcoholic drinks as you had a soda package?

@clarea Yes agree on the port days, but to be honest I wouldn't drink much in the day - more evenings :o

Hi

We've just upgraded ourselves from an oceanview stateroom to a Guaranteed Suite but had to sacrifice the Select Drinks package we had originally received as part of our booking :mad:

Now considering which drinks package to get (if any) - have already lost to a slight price hike following Brexit (Select up about £35).

Some quick price questions hopefully recent passengers can help with:

• Cost of individual sodas (cokes etc.), and do they have the self serve machines on Navigator yet?

• Cost of mocktails - I think around $5

• Blue Moon - $6.25?

• Bottles of sparkling water - $???

Thanks in advance

Can only help with the sparkling water - we have paid 3.75 + gratuity for a small bottle of Pellegrino around the pool (same price on 3 ships we have sailed on this year)

• 4 weeks later...

A Select drinks package came with my booking but can't fathom out what it includes and how the system works. If I want a beer at the bar or a soda surely I am not expected to walk around with drinks package cup in order to get my drink? And what about bottled water? Is this included in the Select package?

Can anyone explain?

Edited by whoops

A Select drinks package came with my booking but can't fathom out what it includes and how the system works. If I want a beer at the bar or a soda surely I am not expected to walk around with drinks package cup in order to get my drink? And what about bottled water? Is this included in the Select package?

Can anyone explain?

Select includes all fountain soda, Beer & wine up to $8 per glass. If you pick a wine over $8 you just pay the difference.

No Bottled water is included on this package.

You do not need to carry the cup around with you, you can just go to any bar and get your drink in a normal glass.

Edited by clarky213

You do not need to carry the cup around with you, you can just go to any bar and get your drink in a normal glass.

Just remember to show your card to indicate a package when ordering cokes for example as you will be served a can rather than draught if you don't which isn't included in the package.

Select package is good if you don't drink mixed drinks/spirits. Included wine is drinkable but not great. You get any beer except maybe Foster's. No bottled water, Freah Oj, or specialty coffees.

OJ is Fanta and, at least for this American, undrinkable. Ship's water is fine - some hate it but I like it.

Cost for fresh OJ is $4.25. Small Evian bottle was $3.25, I think. Beer is $6.50. Add 18% gratuity to all of the above. Not sure re mocktails.

Select package is good if you don't drink mixed drinks/spirits. Included wine is drinkable but not great. You get any beer except maybe Foster's. No bottled water, Freah Oj, or specialty coffees.

OJ is Fanta and, at least for this American, undrinkable. Ship's water is fine - some hate it but I like it.

Cost for fresh OJ is $4.25. Small Evian bottle was $3.25, I think. Beer is $6.50. Add 18% gratuity to all of the above. Not sure re mocktails.

We're off on Navigator next week, and I've got the Select package, so I've been reading this thread with interest. How do the gratuities work if you have a drinks package? The last two times, I've paid for drinks as I've bought them, and so gratuities are on the bill, but there's presumably no bill if you're on the drinks package ...?