Allure specialiy restaurant questions

Two questions:

1 Will I be able to make a reservation online through cruise planner when dining options open?

2. I read somewhere on cruise critic that children eat free in specialty restaurants --- is that true?

Thank you!😊

Two questions:

1 Will I be able to make a reservation online through cruise planner when dining options open?

2. I read somewhere on cruise critic that children eat free in specialty restaurants --- is that true?

Thank you!

See info about children's pricing in this dining package flyer:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/dining_discount_packages.pdf

To get the special pricing, kids must order off the kid's menu.

Edited by clarea

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off the Allure and ate at specialty restaurants for 3 nights. We didn't have our kids with us. I was thinking that my kids wouldn't eat what was on the menu and there was no way I was paying $40 for their meal. However, kids meals are $10 and they do have a special menu for them.

Please allow me to expand on this thread. We will be back on Allure at the end of August.

(1) I have heard that on some ships Izumi no longer has the hot rock/self cook items, rather replacing them with table top cooking similar to Benihana. Is this the case on Allure?

(2) Please explain how dining package discounts work in the case of a la carte restaurants like Sabor or Izumi rather than one-fee restaurants like Chops.

As always, thanks for the help.

Please allow me to expand on this thread. We will be back on Allure at the end of August.

(1) I have heard that on some ships Izumi no longer has the hot rock/self cook items, rather replacing them with table top cooking similar to Benihana. Is this the case on Allure?

(2) Please explain how dining package discounts work in the case of a la carte restaurants like Sabor or Izumi rather than one-fee restaurants like Chops.

As always, thanks for the help.

Izumi on Oasis and Allure now have Hibachi instead of hot rock.

The dining package provides a $30 credit at a la carte restaurants.