New Years Eve

TkinNC

First of all I'm new to NCL so don't know much about the line in general. But a friend and I are cruising on the Sky and will be on for New Years Eve. Anyone cruised NCL on New Years? Is there a party? I've been told there is no "formal night" on NCL, is that correct? But do they dress up for New Year's Eve?

Thanks

I have not sailed on New Year's Eve but have for Christmas Eve. People dressed for Christmas Eve. My guess would be is that some people will dress up and many others will not. Yes, they will have a party probably out on the pool deck.

Norwegian no longer has a "formal night".

Last time they put horns and noisemakers in everyone's cabins and people brought them to the party. They made ice sculptures spelling out 2000-whatever year it was and they dragged all the room stewards out of bed and made them pass out free sparkling wine at midnight after the countdown and balloon drop.

Oh and little pointy hats for everyone. A lot of people dressed up.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

First of all I'm new to NCL so don't know much about the line in general. But a friend and I are cruising on the Sky and will be on for New Years Eve. Anyone cruised NCL on New Years? Is there a party? I've been told there is no "formal night" on NCL, is that correct? But do they dress up for New Year's Eve?

Thanks

Definitely parties in multiple locations on the ship. NCL doesn't really do anything to promote people dressing up for New Years. However, many people recognize it for being a festive "evening out" night and do indeed dress up much as if going to a land-based New Years party. However, not everyone will dress up, for sure. It will be a mixture.

Last time they put horns and noisemakers in everyone's cabins and people brought them to the party. They made ice sculptures spelling out 2000-whatever year it was and they dragged all the room stewards out of bed and made them pass out free sparkling wine at midnight after the countdown and balloon drop.

Oh and little pointy hats for everyone. A lot of people dressed up.

Sounds great. I'll be on gem for NYE. Btw, what makes you so sure they had to drag all room stewards out of bed? My gut says if they weren't hanging out champagne then they would have been celebrating NYE with their co-workers [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You're right, and that was the only night we ever saw large numbers of crew socializing in the Spinnaker Lounge into the early hours.

I just meant that the room stewards had this extra duty that night. And they still had to do all the cabins in the morning, although I imagine a lot of guests left their door indicator on "Do Not Disturb" until lunchtime or later on New Year's Day…

Edited by hawkeyetlse