Just off the Jade!!

Any idea if the hairdryers are the same as they are on Epic?

Mini Suite - decent size? How about wardrobe space?

We have a mini suite booked for later in the year - 14 nights -

wondering if the dryers are as good as the Epic one's were - if so will leave mine at home. (I have a USA hairdryer just for cruising).

Ship? Its due refurb but how is it looking?

Highs and lows?

Thanks!

I will be on the Jade in November and have the drink package. What I would like to know is whether the champagne bar prices are higher than the usual allowance. I love champagne but have no idea if it is considered a premium beverage and above the drink dollar limit.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Any idea if the hairdryers are the same as they are on Epic?

Mini Suite - decent size? How about wardrobe space?

We have a mini suite booked for later in the year - 14 nights -

wondering if the dryers are as good as the Epic one's were - if so will leave mine at home. (I have a USA hairdryer just for cruising).

Ship? Its due refurb but how is it looking?

Highs and lows?

Thanks!

Hiya

I brought my own dryer but found the power from the outlets pretty poor so used the ships dryer for the rest of the week and it did the job fine. I was on the Epic 5 years ago so can't remember the dryer but definitely found the Jades dryer great.

Found the mini suite was slightly larger than our balcony on the Epic. Had no issues with 4 of us in the mini suite.

Actually preferred the Jade to the Epic, loads more open areas and although it's obviously older than the Epic I didn't find anything to complain about.

Highs - Cagneys, Teppanyaki, Bahama Mamas and Mango Meltdowns, Santorini (amazing), our room steward was fantastic, sail aways, choc lava cake, the Bon Voyage room package

Lows - Leaving on Saturday morning :-)

Hope this helps x

I will be on the Jade in November and have the drink package. What I would like to know is whether the champagne bar prices are higher than the usual allowance. I love champagne but have no idea if it is considered a premium beverage and above the drink dollar limit.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Really sorry but we're not champagne or even wine drinkers (more into beer and cocktails) so I didn't take any notice of those prices

Hiya

I brought my own dryer but found the power from the outlets pretty poor so used the ships dryer for the rest of the week and it did the job fine. I was on the Epic 5 years ago so can't remember the dryer but definitely found the Jades dryer great.

Found the mini suite was slightly larger than our balcony on the Epic. Had no issues with 4 of us in the mini suite.

Actually preferred the Jade to the Epic, loads more open areas and although it's obviously older than the Epic I didn't find anything to complain about.

Highs - Cagneys, Teppanyaki, Bahama Mamas and Mango Meltdowns, Santorini (amazing), our room steward was fantastic, sail aways, choc lava cake, the Bon Voyage room package

Lows - Leaving on Saturday morning :-)

Hope this helps x

Fantastic - thanks for the info !

Did you have a good time? :)

What time roughly did you actually leave Venice? I'm trying to see the sailaway, book dinner AND see the evening show, and struggling a bit to fit it all in.

Were the crew happy and friendly? Best place on the ship to sit and relax?

Thanks

Did you have a good time? :)

What time roughly did you actually leave Venice? I'm trying to see the sailaway, book dinner AND see the evening show, and struggling a bit to fit it all in.

Were the crew happy and friendly? Best place on the ship to sit and relax?

Thanks

We had an amazing time, loved every minute of it :-)

Left Venice at 6pm, we went to dinner between 7 & 8 every evening and caught the later show at approx 10pm.

The crew were fantastic, always had a smile. Only saw one bar tender get slightly annoyed and that was with a guy who was trying to get a free drink with someone else's card. He handed the card back to him and said 'that's not yours' and gave him a dismissive wave and moved on.

I enjoyed sitting by the Great Outdoors and also the Spinnaker was nice and quiet during the day.

I'll be taking my two granddaughters with me next June on the Jade. Did you see a lot of kids onboard? Did you eat in the Lido at all or only the dining rooms.?

Hiya

There were lots of kids on board. Our 2 sons were with us, aged 15 & 3 and they loved it. My 3 year old hasn't stopped telling everyone all about it.

There's no lido restaurant on the Jade that I saw? We ate in 4 speciality restaurants, the 2 MDR's and the Jasmine Garden for our evening meals. Breakfasts always in the buffet and lunches either at the buffet, beside the pool or in Blue Lagoon.

Glad to hear you had fun. Did you make advance reservations for dining? I would like to take it day by day and not plan dining in advance.

Yes, I had made all my reservations in advance with the exception of Jasmine Garden, we waited around 20 mins for a table here. There were huge queues for Grand Pacific a few times we passed by but I'm not sure about wait times.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

The only place that champagne is served by the glass is in Le Bistro and it is specifically excluded even though it is under the $15 limit for a glass.

You can get a glass of prosecco, pretty decent one at that, at any bar. Avoid the 'sparkling wine' that they dish out for Platinum and suite guests, and at art auctions. It's horrific!

Hiya

There were lots of kids on board. Our 2 sons were with us, aged 15 & 3 and they loved it. My 3 year old hasn't stopped telling everyone all about it.

There's no lido restaurant on the Jade that I saw? We ate in 4 speciality restaurants, the 2 MDR's and the Jasmine Garden for our evening meals. Breakfasts always in the buffet and lunches either at the buffet, beside the pool or in Blue Lagoon.

The lido deck restaurant is an outdoor grill with burgers/hotdogs near the family pool. It is just at the front of Garden Cafe, the main buffet. Through the Garden Cafe at the aft is one of the nicest areas in the sunshine of the Jade and that is the Great Outdoors. A buffet with bar area, and nice al fresco seating, well worth a visit.

You say Santorini was amazing - how were the queues to get back down on the cable car? How long were you in the queue? I'm guessing you were there 2pm till 10pm?

We will be there late August and I am very concerned about stories of queueing for one and a half hours etc.

You say Santorini was amazing - how were the queues to get back down on the cable car? How long were you in the queue? I'm guessing you were there 2pm till 10pm?

We will be there late August and I am very concerned about stories of queueing for one and a half hours etc.

I was there last summer-- it was ridiculously long because multiple ships were in port that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello! We are leaving Atlanta for this trip next week. 8 day out of Venice. I am very comfortable with my plans for each port - with the exception of Santorini. I am worried about how long it will take to get up to the top of the cable car area? We arrive at 2:00 pm, was it the same for you? I have a sunset cat cruise booked, but am worried about being able to get to the top by 3:00 pm to meet the outfit. Any information would be appreciated including what you did in that port as I may be looking for an alternative. Thanks for the information!

We did the boat trip to Oia and then took the bus to Fira (€15 pp). We then walked down the steps as the queue for the cable car was over an hour long according to one of the hostesses in a nearby restaurant. We found the steps were fine but I can see that this wouldn't be an option for everybody.

Currently looking into booking a long weekend in Fira as I thought it was just breath taking :-)

Hello! We are leaving Atlanta for this trip next week. 8 day out of Venice. I am very comfortable with my plans for each port - with the exception of Santorini. I am worried about how long it will take to get up to the top of the cable car area? We arrive at 2:00 pm, was it the same for you? I have a sunset cat cruise booked, but am worried about being able to get to the top by 3:00 pm to meet the outfit. Any information would be appreciated including what you did in that port as I may be looking for an alternative. Thanks for the information!

We docked at 8 but didn't leave the ship until after 10 and the queue was definitely over an hour at that point. Taking the boat to Oia was better for us with a 3 year old rather than waiting

We had an amazing time, loved every minute of it :-)

Left Venice at 6pm, we went to dinner between 7 & 8 every evening and caught the later show at approx 10pm.

Glad to hear you had a good time. Thanks for the response - really helpful!

Hi all,

We're just back from 7 nights on the Jade in a mini suite with the UBP and UDP.

Any questions?? I'll do my best to answer :-)

Hi :)

We set sail on the Jade 13th August, could I please ask what time the evening shows were, as we are just trying to organise meal times.

Thank you :)

Hi :)

We set sail on the Jade 13th August, could I please ask what time the evening shows were, as we are just trying to organise meal times.

Thank you :)

Hiya

The shows were either 7.45 or 8 and 9.45 or 10 every evening.

Yes, I had made all my reservations in advance with the exception of Jasmine Garden, we waited around 20 mins for a table here. There were huge queues for Grand Pacific a few times we passed by but I'm not sure about wait times.

Thank you. I went ahead and made reservations. Was not able to get all days but enough to satisfy. A lot more people must have a dining package this year.