Emerald Princess Cancels 7/6/16 Helsingborg Port Call

ccrain

Captain Stenzel just informed us that the port call to Helsingborg will be cancelled today due to storm conditions adverse to tender operations.

45 knot winds in the anchorage area...in a tender...not someplace I want to be with Judy or anyone else...that's for sure!

Now we get to spend the day people watching and overhearing conversations...

This is going to be FUN!

Disappointing as I am on this cruise as well. It would be nice if we could dock early in Oslo but I doubt that will happen.

1d4e5bbc706c61f4a8629f822a222d36.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by 262

Hi

Sorry to hear of the cancelled port. Captain obviously has to keep everyone safe. We were on Emerald at May with same captain and thoroughly enjoyed sailing with him.

I know you have been on the ship for a while - have been following your excellent reports over the last few weeks. We are back on Emerald on 20th August (our 60 th cruise) and wondered if you get a chance to ask Adam Gorst (Hotel Manager on your cruise) if he is still on board on the August cruise? Over the years we have got to know him and hope we will be sailing with him again.

Many thanks if you are able to help a fellow Princess cruise lover!!

Daphne and Arthur

Looks like the nasty weather is affecting other ports as well. People on another cruise line couldn't get into St. Petersburg due to the high winds. The ships already docked couldn't leave so the newly arriving ships couldn't get in to dock. Hope the weather improves for you!

Hi

Sorry to hear of the cancelled port. Captain obviously has to keep everyone safe. We were on Emerald at May with same captain and thoroughly enjoyed sailing with him.

I know you have been on the ship for a while - have been following your excellent reports over the last few weeks. We are back on Emerald on 20th August (our 60 th cruise) and wondered if you get a chance to ask Adam Gorst (Hotel Manager on your cruise) if he is still on board on the August cruise? Over the years we have got to know him and hope we will be sailing with him again.

Many thanks if you are able to help a fellow Princess cruise lover!!

Daphne and Arthur

I spoke to him last night and he will be on until September 28, 2016.

The larger Princess ships (Grand class and bigger) cannot maneuver as well in wind gusts of 35kt or more. Plus, there's no freaking way you want to be on a tender in those winds and sea conditions. Been there, done that when a storm suddenly blew in and wouldn't want to repeat it.