Repositioning cruise

Mopsymillar

Hi, I have not sailed p+o before and I have a few questions.

We are considering the repositioning cruise next March from Caribbean to Southampton. Britannia and Azura both sail this itinerary, which would you recommend?

Also , this cruise has a lot of sea days, is there enough to do on board?

We've only been on one previous cruise ( Princess to Ffjords) which we loved. So we've little cruising experience.

Any advice gratefully received. Thank you

Hi, I did a similar cruise on Oceana some years ago, I don't remember much about the sea days other than I didn't find it a problem (I suspect there was a sleep-eat routine [emoji23]) When you ask which ship you will get lots of different answers, but I would go for Britannia as I liked all the variety on board.

We did this cruise on Azura this year.

It was our first cruise so have nothing to compare it to, but we loved it.

We found plenty to do. Best tip is book a starboard cabin.

I should recommend Azura because the balconies are bigger all round, Britannia they are all less deep. You need a balcony on cruises with many sea days because large numbers will sunbathe on public decks as they are not on excursions! If you have a balcony you have a private outside place to sit. On the March (Eastbound) itinerary you probably would be best with a Starboard balcony facing the South to get the sun on the transatlantic segment. When comparing prices make sure you are getting the Friday (not the Saturday) flights which will increase your holiday length by one day in the Caribbean!

There are a number of airports available usually and often an Economy Plus type option for early bookers I am over six feet tall, so this is useful to me.. You fly out from a UK airport and return to Southampton which will not be where you parked your car! Free coach transfers are available back to your original airport so if you picked Gatwick this coach journey will be shorter than Birmingham etc. Booking taxis both ways from your house or friends/relatives doing the dropping off collecting might be more convenient. I always like to stay overnight, one night pre-cruise at the airport as close to the terminal to reduce stress.

Did this itinerary a few years back on Ventura and found it was very good all round, surprisingly it is very cheap per night if you compare with other cruises. I think this is because you get fewer ports in the Caribbean, making it less popular, therefore some people think of back to back by adding a weekif they can.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

If you choose a balcony on Azura go for one on C deck....they are at least nine feet square with half under cover for privacy, shade and shelter!

We love sea days there is always something to do.....talks, dance lessons, gym, films,sunbathing and swimming of course! I take a book and headphones to listen to music on my phone.....look out for wildlife.... we saw whales, dolphins and flying fish on our recent crossings, and sea birds when approaching land.

We did the transatlantic in March on the Britannia. I would suggest booking the extra day in Barbados (14 night cruise) but 13 nights is a little cheaper. When we left st martten we had 5 sea days and the weather was great with nearly 5 sunbathing days although it did get colder each day. The last sea day the temperature was 19 degrees but after the Azores the weather really changed so we had to enjoy the ships facilities.

Also , this cruise has a lot of sea days, is there enough to do on board?

I would say that whilst there will be plenty of activities you would probably need to be someone who enjoys relaxing, in the sun or on your Balcony.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk