Infinity Newbie

readingfast

We are on the September Alaska cruise on Infinity after a week, or so, touring Canada.

Please can someone let me know if we can request an iron from our steward as some of our clothes will have been in suitcases for more than a week?

Also, is there a hairdryer & coffee maker in Oceanview cabins?

Many thanks

You cannot request an iron -- you can send your clothes out to be pressed for a fee but there are no irons available for passenger use on any Celebrity ship and you are not allowed to bring your own iron or clothes steamer.

There is a hairdryer in each room.

There are no kettles or coffeemakers in any stateroom on this ship. Again you are not allowed to bring your own. Room service is free at breakfast time so you can order a pot of coffee or hot water and tea bags at no charge.

You cannot request an iron -- you can send your clothes out to be pressed for a fee but there are no irons available for passenger use on any Celebrity ship and you are not allowed to bring your own iron or clothes steamer.

There is a hairdryer in each room.

There are no kettles or coffeemakers in any stateroom on this ship. Again you are not allowed to bring your own. Room service is free at breakfast time so you can order a pot of coffee or hot water and tea bags at no charge.

Excellent answer! We were on Infinity two months ago and I can assure you that the answer above is accurate.

Bring a bottle of wrinkle remover that you just spray on clothes. It pulls the wrinkles right out! Available at any grocery store, discount store, pharmacy etc. Several brands available too.

While it is easily available in the US, posters here on Cruise Critic have reported that it is not so easy to find in the UK, the OP's home. You can make your own by bringing full-strength liquid fabric softener and an empty spray (pump) bottle. Put a little liquid in the bottle and dilute with water.

While it is easily available in the US, posters here on Cruise Critic have reported that it is not so easy to find in the UK, the OP's home. You can make your own by bringing full-strength liquid fabric softener and an empty spray (pump) bottle. Put a little liquid in the bottle and dilute with water.

Wow…some company needs to start sending that stuff overseas then. It's fantastic !! Especially on longer trips anywhere. It certainly needs to be on people's "last minute things to pick up before boarding" list !!

Another method I use after traveling for business for 30 years is to turn the shower onto hot and fill the room with steam. Hang your suite or wrinkled item on the shower rod. After awhile smooth the wrinkles out with your hands.

Poor man's steam pressing.

I agree, the hot water in the shower trick works very well in those small restrooms...for my dress shirts I don't even have to run my hand over the wrinkles to get them out, they just fall out on their own. I run the water for like 20 minutes with the clothes hanging in there, works every time...