Looking for a good scenic spot on the Breeze

My daughter does sign language videos, and wants to do one on our upcoming cruise. She's hoping to maybe do it at sunrise, but anytime really works. Is there a good little 'nook' she can do one, where the background is mostly ocean and scenic? On the Dream, all we found was a spot near the walking track. It wasn't ideal, but doable. our biggest problem was having to move out of the way for those that were walking... which meant a lot of starting over. I feel like we just somehow missed the perfect nooks of the ship, and don't want to do the same this time. I thought about the lanai, but the barriers on those make that area impossible.

This is her video on the Dream, to give you an idea of what I'm talking about..

I believe the Breeze has the "secret decks" that are all the way forward on the mid-ship passenger decks (decks 6 & 7 I believe). Go to one of these decks and walk all the way forward. You will see a door (one on either side of the ship) that takes you out to a public deck that overlooks the front of the ship. These decks do not see a lot of traffic and offer great views of the ocean. Should be an ideal location. Also deck 5 has the Lanai walkway which goes all the way around the ship. Some areas of the Lanai (away from the Ocean Plaza) are pretty quiet and don't have a ton of traffic - esp. at non-peak times of the day. Or if she's 18, you could go up to the Serenity Deck to film.

Misty

I believe the Breeze has the "secret decks" that are all the way forward on the mid-ship passenger decks (decks 6 & 7 I believe). Go to one of these decks and walk all the way forward. You will see a door (one on either side of the ship) that takes you out to a public deck that overlooks the front of the ship. These decks do not see a lot of traffic and offer great views of the ocean. Should be an ideal location. Also deck 5 has the Lanai walkway which goes all the way around the ship. Some areas of the Lanai (away from the Ocean Plaza) are pretty quiet and don't have a ton of traffic - esp. at non-peak times of the day. Or if she's 18, you could go up to the Serenity Deck to film.

Misty

Those "secret decks" sounds perfect! I had no idea they were there. We'll definitely check that spot out, and hope it works. Thanks for that idea!! We did look at the lanai on the Dream, but the big dark barrier made it hard to see the ocean behind her. I've actually never been on the Serenity.. but she'll only be 12, so that's not an option. :(

I believe the Breeze has the "secret decks" that are all the way forward on the mid-ship passenger decks (decks 6 & 7 I believe). Go to one of these decks and walk all the way forward. You will see a door (one on either side of the ship) that takes you out to a public deck that overlooks the front of the ship.

Misty

We are on deck 7, about midship, so I'm especially excited about this area. I really hope that they don't have the tall dark barriers that was on the lanai. This seems like the perfect spot! I've been searching for good pictures of that area, but so far ... no luck.

Those "secret decks" sounds perfect! I had no idea they were there. We'll definitely check that spot out, and hope it works. Thanks for that idea!! We did look at the lanai on the Dream, but the big dark barrier made it hard to see the ocean behind her. I've actually never been on the Serenity.. but she'll only be 12, so that's not an option. :(

Deck 9 and 10 forward have the "secret" decks but it's REALLY windy up there when underway.

Deck 9 and 10 forward have the "secret" decks but it's REALLY windy up there when underway.

Oh I didn't think about the wind. Maybe it would still work if she braids her hair. Definitely something to check out.

[ATTACH]389894[/ATTACH]

This is port side, at the base of the stairs leading to Serenity.

That looks like a great spot. I wonder how many people are usually milling around there.. I'll definitely check that out too!

I am making a list to take with us of all the suggested spots. So thank you everyone!!!

Oh I didn't think about the wind. Maybe it would still work if she braids her hair. Definitely something to check out.!

Not sure about the audio needed but a wind screen would be a must out there as well. Good luck!

On Starboard side, right before you enter Serenity, there is a spot next to this windbreak/ sign.

serenity_zpsafigxiky.png

It is near the start of the water slides. Kids are still allowed there and the windbreak/sign would be perfect for her.

Great video and very nice of her to do these videos.

Not sure about the audio needed but a wind screen would be a must out there as well. Good luck!

She just needs her speaker so she can hear it. We always redo the audio at home so it sounds good. Well, except once, when she signed a song while we were at a concert.

On Starboard side, right before you enter Serenity, there is a spot next to this windbreak/ sign.

It is near the start of the water slides. Kids are still allowed there and the windbreak/sign would be perfect for her.

Great video and very nice of her to do these videos.

Thank you! I will definitely check that spot out. I think our first day we will walk around to all these spots and see what we think will work perfect for her. :)

No clue where would be a good place on the Breeze, but just wanted to say that the video was great. It's a great song and she did that well. Well, I'm assuming well since I don know sign language.

That's very sweet of you! That was only the 2nd or 3rd one she had ever done. There's many more on her youtube page. She has such a passion for it, and is completely self taught. I don't know how she does it. LOL But I love her heart. <3