Odd Question!

atdahop

If you get a cabin in the new section then the cabin is newer then the rest of the ships cabins. Less wear and tear on everything. Thats about all I can see as an advantage. However location is a consideration. If the cabin is near something that is important to you then thats a perk too. Alot depends on your wants and needs for a cabin.

AL

I'm booked on the Enchantment and our cabin is one of the new ones (so I'm told). It's a neat thought that you're in the 'added section' but from what I've read on the boards......unless you KNOW it's a new one, it's no different then being in an 'old' one.

Although someone said there's a shower door instead of a curtain and that there's more drawers....but I don't know if that's true or not. It's just what I've read on here. :)

atdahop, I have a brochure that doesn't have the added cabins on it. I compare that to the layout that they have on Travelocity or the RCCL site. I read a lot of different posts on here and compared what they said to what I was seeing then booked. After I booked my cabin, someone on here told me that they believed, also, that our cabin was one of the new ones.

You might try reading this thread and seeing if it helps

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=234822&highlight=Enchantment+Cabins

Good luck!

Carole: It may sound weird, but this is how I figure out if it is in the new section:

I know where the new section is on the POOL deck, so I mentally compare THOSE lines with the areas on lower decks.

Does that make sense?

Carol, too :D

Actually it is not the new paint "smell" that would be the problem. It is the chemicals in new products, esp. carpet that could be the problem. And chemicals, whether you can actually smell them or not are still in the new carpet, etc. even after 3 1/2 months. It actually takes years for the chemicals to completely leave the air you breathe. You may not have problems with them, but some people do. :)

Archived