Excursion cancellation

elizamar

We just received an email that our excursion (kayak in Flåm on August 5th) was cancelled because "our Tour Operator has advised us of a reduction in staff". We are so disappointed, and now private guided kayak tours are sold out. Does this happen often with HAL?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just received an email that our excursion (kayak in Flåm on August 5th) was cancelled because "our Tour Operator has advised us of a reduction in staff". We are so disappointed, and now private guided kayak tours are sold out. Does this happen often with HAL?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have had them cancel excursions due to weather, but never for what you mention. I guess "stuff happens" and there is little they can do about it. Remember, they WANT the excursion to go, as they make money on every one sold.

Edited by DaveOKC

Yes, it does happen, much to our disappointment. On our Western Europe & Norse Legends cruise last spring a number of our excursions were cancelled due to lack of bookings...largely due to the huge number of Dutch guests, who had their own HAL excursions in Dutch. That never crossed my mind when I booked a cruise round trip from Rotterdam!

Good luck with what you choose....the scenery is spectacular!:)

Karen

See if you can get on the wait list for the kayak excursion. There may be people who cancel from this HAL offered excursion.

If I understand correctly, the whole point of the OP was that this excursion, which they had already booked, has been cancelled. No wait list for cancelled excursions.

If I understand correctly, the whole point of the OP was that this excursion, which they had already booked, has been cancelled. No wait list for cancelled excursions.

I understood as the private tour operator cancelled their 1st booked tour and the HAL operated kayak tour was booked. Sorry I didn't read the OP's post correctly.

Edited by freestyling

So sorry about your cancelled excursion. Hopefully you can find another to your liking. Maybe contact private tours and see about wait listing with them if booked up.

Have had a few cancellations before we cruised but only because the port was cancelled, as in Egypt. At least the refund was immediately applied to the credit card.