Grand Aft Cabin

JetCruister

Just wondering if anyone has any information on the aft cabins on the Grand. We usually sail Celebrity and their aft balconies are huge. Any photos would be great too!:) We are on the Dolphin Deck. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

I'm sure you'll get some good information here.

Meantime, you could "google" something like Grand Princess aft balcony photos" for lots of information, including a couple you tube videos.

We had E-733, one deck below yours, years ago. I hope you don't mind if give you some not-so-positive information - I wish someone had told us ahead of time. The ship really moves a lot, creaks a lot and moans a lot if you have decent waves & winds. After cruising in aft cabins/suites on many other cruise lines, we really noticed a difference. Since you've sailed Celebrity, don't expect it to be anywhere near as smooth-riding as that on 95% of the Princess ships.

Our son, who didn't know what seasickness was at the time, got very seasick two nights in a row. In 21 cruises, that is the ONLY time he has been seasick. So if you're sensitive to movement, definitely start your Bonine well before the ship leaves port. The rest of us were fine with the movement so it really just depends on how tolerant you are of it.

You'll have a 12" wide support beam on the balcony but that didn't make any difference to our enjoyment of the big balcony. We had a really nice bon voyage party out there and there was plenty of room for everyone.

The cabin itself is beautiful and the hallway is wonderfully quiet. I wish I had pictures but I don't. Like the guy above said, do a search for "Grand Princess aft balconies" or "suite D-734" or whatever the case is. We did have a little noise from the theatre below but it was always over by 10:15pm and I think with you being on a higher deck, you wouldn't hear it at all. Enjoy! ;)

We took the Grand to Hawaii two years ago, and had the cabin above you (C748). The balcony was HUGE, the beam mattered not at all. You will love your balcony, I promise.

I got very seasick the first night:eek:, the Medical staff gave me a shot and i was fine for the rest of the cruise. DH had no problems at all.

There was noise when docking each morning. Sometimes i went out to our HUGE balcony and sometimes i slept through it.:p No noise from any other source.

Take advantage of all the suite benefits (there are many), esp the breakfast at Sabatini's and free laundry. I have attached some photos, hope you can see them okay (we did the Ultimate Balcony Dining, and had plenty of room for both of us and two wait staff).

Enjoy your cruise!

28D2FFEA-901E-4C7A-ABC1-6BB2211EF2CF.jpg.75dc17f24535353f3e85f19f6d1c3d99.jpg

3B04EAF2-DF03-4249-9448-22FAA19713E5.jpg.d397426038a43e4e78bc4cc12bc083ae.jpg

6BA0475A-82FC-41DD-8B06-99BFE817E74A.jpg.905f0eb848e7754395ee0080e927cffe.jpg

A7682736-3037-4303-8580-C57A914C7265.jpg.f512135c95c7f496e2d55fc5d3152d11.jpg

B8D9A78D-8667-4D24-9B48-D9591BF5BC75.jpg.b4c3ed37f0bc8cfc32293955449e5051.jpg

E76944DE-6B76-4FC0-AE89-1B36F1060ADA.jpg.1610407b9a03bec7dc64753e0f52841a.jpg

We had E-733, one deck below yours, years ago. I hope you don't mind if give you some not-so-positive information - I wish someone had told us ahead of time. The ship really moves a lot, creaks a lot and moans a lot if you have decent waves & winds. After cruising in aft cabins/suites on many other cruise lines, we really noticed a difference. Since you've sailed Celebrity, don't expect it to be anywhere near as smooth-riding as that on 95% of the Princess ships.

Our son, who didn't know what seasickness was at the time, got very seasick two nights in a row. In 21 cruises, that is the ONLY time he has been seasick. So if you're sensitive to movement, definitely start your Bonine well before the ship leaves port. The rest of us were fine with the movement so it really just depends on how tolerant you are of it.

You'll have a 12" wide support beam on the balcony but that didn't make any difference to our enjoyment of the big balcony. We had a really nice bon voyage party out there and there was plenty of room for everyone.

The cabin itself is beautiful and the hallway is wonderfully quiet. I wish I had pictures but I don't. Like the guy above said, do a search for "Grand Princess aft balconies" or "suite D-734" or whatever the case is. We did have a little noise from the theatre below but it was always over by 10:15pm and I think with you being on a higher deck, you wouldn't hear it at all. Enjoy! ;)

Thanks for the information!! I usually don't get sick, but my husband usually does not get his sea legs until the second day. I will make sure we pack and take some sea sick pills for the first day. My parents and our kids are also in the aft cabins. My parents are on the same deck, opposite side, and our kids are right under my parents. I will make sure they take this as well!! I think they are all usually fine, but will let them know this information! Thank you again!! :)

WOW...very cool!! We are in D735 and this is the cabin my parents are in. I am assuming that D735 is the same! Getting super excited now!!:):):)

Dolphin deck aft balcony's are very large

web-1729.jpg

KGDy0HVYhC8

Edited by JetCruister

Thanks again!! We usually cruise on Celebrity and I know those ships inside and out! Nice to try different lines and itineraries! :)

Glad I could help! There's no difference between the cabins you're talking about other than a little less depth on the balcony on the Emerald Deck cabins. ;)

I read a post prior to our cruise about another guest saying the sound coming from it was hardly noticeable. I never heard a peep. My cruise was in 60-70 degree weather and that may play a role in how much air (hot or cold)is being handled through there. I would not worry about noise.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thanks! I am not concerned about the noise! I usually sleep like a rock!

I read a post prior to our cruise about another guest saying the sound coming from it was hardly noticeable. I never heard a peep. My cruise was in 60-70 degree weather and that may play a role in how much air (hot or cold)is being handled through there. I would not worry about noise.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk