Copenhagen again

I need help with our trip via cruise to Copenhagen. We will be staying at the BETHEL HOTEL & want to know what the taxi fare is from:

The ship to the hotel

The hotel to the airport

Tip for cab driver

I don't want to have a lot of KRONAS left over & nowhere to spend them.

Also do you tip for meals, breakfast, lunch & dinner or bartender? Sorry but I am stupid about traveling in countries that do not use EUROS & dont want to end up with a bunch of bills & coins that I will never use again. THANK YOU for ANY help you offer. When I was over there in WW2 we had no problem. LOL

george35

I need help with our trip via cruise to Copenhagen. We will be staying at the BETHEL HOTEL & want to know what the taxi fare is from:

The ship to the hotel

The hotel to the airport

Tip for cab driver

Also do you tip for meals, breakfast, lunch & dinner or bartender? Sorry but I am stupid about traveling in countries that do not use EUROS & dont want to end up with a bunch of bills & coins that I will never use again. THANK YOU for ANY help you offer. When I was over there in WW2 we had no problem. LOL

george35

You may also want to ask this on the port of call forum here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=192

The ship to the hotel

The hotel to the airport

Tip for cab driver

george35

Sorry, DW and I haven't been to the Bethel Hotel so we can't give you a good answer. But over the past five years we have made quite a few taxi trips in CPH, and we have paid every one of them with our credit cards. Just check with the driver before your journey that he or she really accepts cards; there might be the odd cab that still doesn't. Also, be aware that assuming you have a non-Danish credit card, an extra fee of roughly 1.5 to 3% of the fare on the meter will be charged to your card. No big deal, since the exchange rate that your card issuer charges is in most cases better that what the exchange offices charge for DKK in cash; plus that you don't have to carry as much local cash that you might never need again (except possibly in the duty free shops at the airport). As for tips to cab drivers, if we have baggage with us, we pay around 10%, normally in cash.