Curtis Stone MDR Items

Shogun

:confused:

The medallions when offered as luncheon item on embarkation day are so much better than when off the always available menu, they aren't even comparable.

There was a medallion offering one night for dinner also, (not from the always available choices) and this meal was wonderful, very good quality beef. I have not cruised in a few years, so not sure if this is still offered.

You might be right. But then I can't ever being very fond of any of the "always available" items. Especially the fish entrees. I always assumed they were bland ordinary thawed and warmed-up kept for days in the steam table options for folks who didn't want to try the offered dishes. The medallions when offered as luncheon item on embarkation day are so much better than when off the always available menu, they aren't even comparable.

Firstly I doubt any item on a Princes menu would be "thawed and warmed-up kept for days in the steam table options". That would be against all health regulations.

How good certain items are on a ship very much depends on the chefs. Last August we cruised on Dawn Princess and thought that, overall, the food wasn't as good as expected, with a few exceptions. One was the beef medallions on embarkation day, which were excellent. Later in the cruise I chose the beef medallions off the always-available menu and they were absolutely amazing. Perfectly cooked (and I like my steak rare), hot right though the very thick medallion, and with a superb flavour.

Now on embarkation day it's possible that the galleys aren't overworked so the chefs are able to pay more attention to each dish, but on a regular dinner sitting this isn't the case - unless I was one of only a few ordering beef medallions that night.

Hey Princess, our family loves to try new and innovative dishes while cruising. Adding a Curtis Stone dish to each night's menu would enhance the cruising experience. But face it -- you are not a smaller ship line like Oceania. Even there, the Jacques Pepin regular offerings are more akin to what the masses, or non-adventurers, expect as safe alternatives. You need those staples.

Although Curtis is a personality who makes countless media appearances, I don't think he rates with the big names already scooped up by other lines. Witness the all white Mahi-mahi dish. Would you put that in a brochure?