Curtis Stone MDR Items

Shogun

Hi All

On my recent Emerald Princess cruise I thought the MDR menu had dropped in standard since my previous cruise on her which was before Curtis Stone item was added to menu,

so question is anyone else think the same,

has anyone tried Curtis Stone items off menu I came across knowone while onboard that had,

yours Shogun

We were on the British Isles cruise in May, and saw a few of the items scattered across the 12 days of menus but not on a regular basis. I tried the chicken pot pie and didn't care for it, seemed sort of bland and tasteless --- not bad really, but I wished I had ordered something else.

The Curtis Stone items on the menu were horrible on our Caribbean Princess cruise.

Not sure what you mean by "off menu" in this situation. Do you mean they ordered the item on one of the rare nights it wasn't listed? WHY would anyone do that?

None of them appealed to me. I really missed the dropped items. We wound up going to the buffet (on the Royal) for several different reasons, one of which was the menus. We did Anytime and you could roll a bowling ball through the dining room in any direction between 7-8pm without hitting anyone. It was perhaps 20-25% filled. The buffet was packed. Makes you think, "Hummm..."

Edited by Pam in CA

On our Crown's CA Coastal in April there were no CS options on the always available side and on two evenings there was one of his entree options each evening...pork belly which I didn't get and chicken & leek pot pie which was okay to me but it's nothing I'd order again.

On the Diamond in March, there were a couple of CS things available every night, same things each night. Table mates tried them and gave them thumbs down. I wasn't brave enough. LOL. :) Bring back the medallions!

Hi All

On my recent Emerald Princess cruise I thought the MDR menu had dropped in standard since my previous cruise on her which was before Curtis Stone item was added to menu,

has anyone tried Curtis Stone items off menu I came across knowone while onboard that had,

yours Shogun

We were on a TA on the Royal and then a 14 day Med on the Royal...The Curtis Stone menu was on the TA and most table mates did not like it...we were very glad that they brought back the traditional Princess menu on the Med part of the cruise....:eek:

Edited by PrincessLuver

I remember trying a few of the Curtis Stone offerings on the Ruby in Feb, and I remember liking everything. However, it was our first Princess cruise, so didn't know any different. The mac and cheese was amazing ( but I realllllyyyyyyyy love mac and cheese)

I remember trying a few of the Curtis Stone offerings on the Ruby in Feb, and I remember liking everything. However, it was our first Princess cruise, so didn't know any different. The mac and cheese was amazing ( but I realllllyyyyyyyy love mac and cheese)

I also enjoyed the Curtis stone items. The presentation was modern aswell. Unlike many of the old dishes which are quite out dated with the presentation.

Hi All

yours Shogun

I did on Diamond in December, in my opinion, no better than the old always available, the Chicken and Leak Pot Pie was highly variable first time almost empty (but had the same issue with the steak and kid at Pub Lunch) the Pork Belly was pretty much identical to the Pork Belly I had in Horizontal Court before Stone started. The veal was no better than the lamb shank I had a few days earlier.

They should have left the always available and added one or two CS dishes that they rotated in my opinion.

They have a couple different "collections" of Curtis Stone items...possibly depending on the ship. Our cruise had the Mahi Mahi, flank steak, and ??? (something else). None were good. Others have reported Chicken and Leek pie, pork belly, and ?. No experience with these.

They have a couple different "collections" of Curtis Stone items...possibly depending on the ship. Our cruise had the Mahi Mahi' date=' flank steak, and ??? (something else). None were good. Others have reported Chicken and Leek pie, pork belly, and ?. No experience with these.[/quote']

Veal Osso Bucco (sp) was the third dish with the pot pie and Pork Belly.

How so?

I was on Dawn Princess a few months ago. We found many of the main dishes to be served in a manner one would expect at home or at a dated/ kitchy type of restaurant. Lots of unnecessary frilly bits. Not the simple modern presentation we are accustom to.

Needless to say the food was at a high standard and variation superb. We just felt the presentation of some dishes need refreshing.