Yet Another Favorite Ship Poll

calikak

What is your favorite class of ship?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite class of ship?

• Tahitian/Pacific
    • Regal
    • Sun/Dawn/Sea
    • Island/Coral
    • Grand/Golden/Star
    • Diamond/Sapphire
    • Caribbean

Yes, I know we've had this poll before, and yes, I know it's unscientific. But I think polls are fun, so let's have another one, because it's all about me! :D Feel free to also post your comments about why a particular ship is your favorite.

chrysalis, they're techincally all "Grand-class" ships, just as the Sun/Dawn/Sea and Coral/Island are all "Sun-class" ships. But because they have somewhat different designs, I separated them out for purposes of the poll. Here's the Princess website that lists the ships by class:

http://www.princess.com/ships/

DH and I have only sailed on Princess "grand" class ships - and the behemoth Caribbean Princess - so I don't know what class of ship might truly be our favorite.

Among our Princess cruises to date (four with another booked for January), DH recalls enjoying the Golden, while I liked the Star (our first Princess voyage). Neither one of us has fond memories of the Grand. We're doing an encore sailing on the CB January 28, 2006 mostly because we didn't have time to do everything there was to do on this enormous vessel.

That said, I've been convinced by contributors to this board that we must experience the Sun Class ships. I'm fairly certain that we will do the Panama Canal on the Coral Princess in January, 2007. We have two friends who have been on this ship/itinerary and loved it, and a neighbor enjoyed a deep Caribbean voyage on the Dawn several years ago.

Just 95 days until I'm back on the CB!

Bon Voyage!

Chris

My vote was for the Regal for several reasons: fewer people, the cabins are more spacious, the bathrooms are larger with a "real" tub shower, there is a lot more open lounge space and options for people to go to either during the day or evening, the swim-up bar, public aft decks from the buffet on down with loungers for anyone to relax and watch the ocean either in the sun or the shade or play ping-pong, etc., etc. You don't find these on any other Princess ship (caveat: I haven't been on the Tahitian or Pacific Princess)

Like Michael, my REAL favorite was the Royal Princess.

Love the Grand class ships (first sailed on the Grand in 1998), lots of things to do or can just relax, I like to know we I can do either depending how I feel that day. I would love to sail on the Coral or Island as they get such great reviews on these boards.

• 4 months later...

Gotta say it, I love the smaller ships - give me the Tahitian or Pacific every time. They are small enough that everyone becomes famliar, from crew down to passengers. Plus the overall feel of the ship with the dark woods and rich fabrics herald a time of the past when cruising was for an entitled few. True they don't have all the facilities offered by the larger ships, but that's fine as we don't use them when they are available. This size of ship is just right for us!

Charlie

Archived