FLL~ open? When?

ncdebe

I have read that FLL i extensively damaged but I wouldn't be surpised if is opened by then, in some shape or form. The port is currently without power but since it has a large tank farm that handles a lot of fuel for Florida it is a priority to get up and running.

I have read that FLL i extensively damaged but I wouldn't be surpised if is opened by then, in some shape or form. The port is currently without power but since it has a large tank farm that handles a lot of fuel for Florida it is a priority to get up and running.

I am assuming they will restore power to the port asap? Esp. for cruises leaving this Sat. out of Port Everglades????;)

From the Port Everglades web site:

PORT EVERGLADES REMAINS CLOSED TO SHIP AND ROAD TRAFFIC

October 24, 2005

Port Everglades will remain closed to ship and road traffic until the U.S. Coast Guard completes its assessment of port damage and navigational aids, and Port security is in place. These assessments are expected to be complete by mid to late day Tuesday, October 25. Cruise passengers sailing from Port Everglades should check with their cruise lines for sailing schedule changes. Port facility principals and senior executives must assess damages to their facilities and ensure security is in place beginning at 0800 on Tuesday, October 25. Enter only through the Spangler Boulevard checkpoint.

The FLL web site is down. The FAA web site listing sirport closures doesn't mention FLL. MIA is closed:

http://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/flyfaaindex.jsp?ARPT=FLL&p=0

Not likely, but anything is always possible. Coral was originally due in at FLL today, but was first delayed til Wednesday and is now delayed til Thursday (this last mostly due to flight disruptions and getting people to and from the area by plane, not the actual port or weather conditions). You probably would not hear anything firm about the CB from Princess until 24-48 hours before scheduled arrival/sailing; weather and conditions change rapidly and making announcements too early just causes everyone to shift plans and then have to re-shift when they change again. Its hard, but just sit tight and plan on things being according to schedule. Keep an eye on the boards and the Princess website for actual changes, not just rumors.

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na758

Not likely, but anything is always possible. Coral was originally due in at FLL today, but was first delayed til Wednesday and is now delayed til Thursday (this last mostly due to flight disruptions and getting people to and from the area by plane, not the actual port or weather conditions). You probably would not hear anything firm about the CB from Princess until 24-48 hours before scheduled arrival/sailing; weather and conditions change rapidly and making announcements too early just causes everyone to shift plans and then have to re-shift when they change again. Its hard, but just sit tight and plan on things being according to schedule. Keep an eye on the boards and the Princess website for actual changes, not just rumors.

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na758

Ok.....I am now officially sick to my stomache. We too are on the CB with Deb, Phaelon & gang and I really (in a big way) need this trip. Let's hope she is up and running again soon!

Hello everyone, Glad to hear that the CB is on for this Saturday 10/29.

My wife and I are first timers and are really looking forward to it. Being first timers I let Princess handle fight and pre night hotel for this coming Friday at Marriot North. Does anyone know weather they are operatinal or not? Not getting much info from either my TA or Princess. Any info would be apprieated.

Continue to monitor situation since we are supposed to fly to FLL on Thursday a.m. for 2 "fun" days in Fort Lauderdale before embarking CB. FLL airport remains closed today, Wednesday. Originally read on Broward County Emergency website, that TAA screeners were to report to work on Wednesday starting at 7 a.m. The update on that website this a.m. now tells them to disregard previous post and do not report for work on Wednesday.

Does anyone know of a hotel that has an open room for Friday night 10/28 and will defeinitely be open? I'm flying in Friday and have a Best Western room booked through Hotwire. Can't get through to the hotel by phone (yet) but Hotwire has offered me a full refund. I'm inclined to take it but not until I have something booked. I hesitate to change my flight to Sat. morning.

Could you change your flight to Orlando and spend the night there and then drive down to the port Saturday morning. The power company for that area is still saying about 90% of Broward county (where Ft Lauderdale is) is still without power.

Hello everyone, Glad to hear that the CB is on for this Saturday 10/29.

My wife and I are first timers and are really looking forward to it. Being first timers I let Princess handle fight and pre night hotel for this coming Friday at Marriot North. Does anyone know weather they are operatinal or not? Not getting much info from either my TA or Princess. Any info would be apprieated.

Just called the Marriott North (wed AM). We are supposed to stay theren on Friday too. Said you could check in but there is no power, water or food...........What do we do??????

I called the Marriott toll free and they told me that none of their properties in Ft. Lauderdale is accepting reservations nor do any have power and that we should check back tonight. Please post if anyone hears of a hotel that is operational with rooms. Thanks

I called the Marriott toll free and they told me that none of their properties in Ft. Lauderdale is accepting reservations nor do any have power and that we should check back tonight. Please post if anyone hears of a hotel that is operational with rooms. Thanks

Emilee

We change planes in Atlanta. As of right now we are planning on buying sandwiches, snacks and water to put in our carry on so we have something to eat at our powerless, fooodless, waterless hotel. Thinking of throwing a bottle of rum in my luggage at this point!!!!

PORT EVERGLADES UNDERGOING CLEAN-UP AND SAFETY

October 25, 2005

All personnel with Port ID Badges will be allowed into the port on Wednesday, October 26 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. to conduct clean-up of their facilities.

If you have hired a contractor without a port I.D. badge, please call 954-765-4723 to speak with the Broward Sheriffs Office. If that number does not work, you can leave a message at 954-468-3504.

Port Everglades continues to be without electrical power or water. However, safety assessments and clean-up effort are underway.

Cruise passengers should contact their cruise lines for updated sailing itineraries.

Archived