FLL~ open? When?

ncdebe

Our TA called and advised us to change our flight to Orlanda. Although a slight inconvenience, I would rather be safe than sorry. I can't imagine the number of people who will be trying to get there on Saturday that would have normally flown in on Thursday or Friday.

We'll stay in Orlando Friday night, enjoy eats and drinks at "Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville" and get up early Sat. morning and drive in.

Spirit Airlines moved our flights to accomodate this at no cost to us. We are still scheduled to fly back from Ft. Lauderdale on the 8th.

Good luck to everyone. I know we look forward to our cruises for months and months.

Dh & I are supposed to be on the 10/29 sailing of the CB...but I just got a phone call and e-mail from our pre-cruise hotel (were going down Fri 10/28). She said that they are without power/water and will not be operational this weekend...she has no idea whan they will be....said she tried to find alternative accomodations for us, but the hotels that do have power/water/generators are booked with the Florida Power employees...makes sense....she suggested we change flights and fly in Sat. morning....but at this point the airport and port are still closed...so who knows what to do. Could change flights to Miami (at a fee)....may just sit tight.....see what happens...guess we are not alone huh??? If anyone finds availibity anywhere please post (after you have secured you own res of course!)

I feel for the poor people who live in this area of Florida...boy, they have sure had their share of hurricanes...and are fortunate this was mainly property damage...not loss of human life. What we tourists are experiencing is a minor inconvenience compared to what they are dealing with....

Our TA called and advised us to change our flight to Orlanda. Although a slight inconvenience, I would rather be safe than sorry. I can't imagine the number of people who will be trying to get there on Saturday that would have normally flown in on Thursday or Friday.

We'll stay in Orlando Friday night, enjoy eats and drinks at "Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville" and get up early Sat. morning and drive in.

Enjoy Orlando! I live very close to there. My only word of advice... don't enjoy TOO many Margaritas at Margaritaville. lol

We had to do the four hour drive to Port Everglades the day after our wedding. Hangovers do not make for fun traveling companions. ;)

According to TrentS FLL opens tomorrow to limited flights from 7am to 6pm.

That's what the FLL website says. However, it's basically an hour after curfew ends and an hour before it starts up again. TrentS has it slightly different from the FLL site. FLL says it'll open Thurs at 7am, with flights starting at 8am and since curfew starts again that nite at 11pm, flights should end at 10pm.

Port Everglade's website hasn't been updated yet. Still says closed altho employees were scheduled to work and help with cleanup.

That's what the FLL website says. However, it's basically an hour after curfew ends and an hour before it starts up again. TrentS has it slightly different from the FLL site. FLL says it'll open Thurs at 7am, with flights starting at 8am and since curfew starts again that nite at 11pm, flights should end at 10pm.

Port Everglade's website hasn't been updated yet. Still says closed altho employees were scheduled to work and help with cleanup.

Today, THURSDAY, FLL is open until 6pm... TOMORROW the curfew will be extended and the airport will be open later.

The FLL website has gotten ahead of themselves and is in conflict with what the Broward County mayor just said once again on TV. The curfew is 7pm TONIGHT, but will be extended until 11pm TOMORROW - Friday night, and the airport will close 1 hour prior to curfew.

Honeymoon4ever:

Another great option for eats and drinks in Orlando is a place called Bahama Breeze. There's one on International Drive, but there are others too. It's very unique, been there many times. I have family in Orlando who love the place. Outdoor drinking, indoor eating. Great margaritas and the absolute best cosmos.

Just another option...good luck!

Archived