Cabanas on Great Stirrup Cay-Another price increase

dna529

I had one of the large ones in February and it was a great day. It was nice having a waiter and snacks. Along with the fan and the hammock which was relaxing. $500 is a crazy amount of money to rent it for a few hours. I thought when i spent $350 on it last time that was pricey but i cannot stomach another 150 for the same thing. Its a shame because that was one of my favorite things NCL had going for it.

I probably wouldn't pay that much either. We have the $50 excursion credit, and then also received a $100 OBC when we booked, so that brought it back down to $349.

I'm leaving this Sat.. And would love to take you up on your offer, but just to pay for the overpriced water.. Paypal work? LMK :D

I don't care how much money I have, I would rather save that money to pay for one person's next cruise fare.
Edited by chisox021

Not entirely true about the Royal Caribbean Cabanas on Labadee. We had their Over the Water 1 (OW1) last December and $250 for the Suite Area at Barefoot Beach. Yes, they have increased the price now to $500 for OW.

When we were in Labadee in December only 6 (out of 20 or so) of the cabanas were rented. The only time all the cabanas on Barefoot Beach Suite Area are fully booked is when the Oasis and Quantum Class are docked. Considering that the really big suites start $4000 and go up to $13000 per person on the average. Royal has no problem booking them then. It just depends on your disposable income. This is a great example of the haves and the have not's. :D

All the cruise lines know their break even point. Those cabanas have been bought and paid for numerous times, since their inception. Royal will use local people for assistance on Labadee. I doubt they are paying a sizable wage.

Included amenities, 6 bottles of water, fruit, water mat, and loungers. That was it!

We were on coco cay. They were unexciting.

Edited by Annmeat

Holy Cow! Have they upgraded the huts in some way since they have been fixing the island up? Like, private bathroom, indoor shower, king sized beds and a genie?

I saw the artist's renderings of the posh ones going in at the alleged new Belize resort..are they now like that?

any details? Because I can't see them renting out a single one at that rate.

We, In general, really don't wanna know or hear the prices of the yet to build exclusive cabana's...

Edit: not that there are any released :)

Edited by FreestyleNovice

Double darn!! I should switch us to an inside, hang an iPad Pro on one of the walls with a "virtual" reality video of the ocean. It'll save us $5K easy from the Haven Spa stateroom we have booked ... just have to figure out how to give her the whirlpool tub experience without the whirlpool ;) ...

Have you considered a very long straw?

• 3 months later...

Well, FYI the prices have gone up AGAIN, :mad:

I'm sailing Nov 26th on the Epic. I looked at the cabanas Fri night and they were $449, but I needed to check with my family first.

Go to book today and they are $549!!! :eek:

I called excursions, of course there's nothing they can do about that, it comes down from corporate, I unfortunately just have bad timing. They said the increase was because they've just been refurbished (as part of the current closure). This better be a fabulous improvement for an additional $100.

--jo

Well, FYI the prices have gone up AGAIN, :mad:

I'm sailing Nov 26th on the Epic. I looked at the cabanas Fri night and they were $449, but I needed to check with my family first.

Go to book today and they are $549!!! :eek:

I called excursions, of course there's nothing they can do about that, it comes down from corporate, I unfortunately just have bad timing. They said the increase was because they've just been refurbished (as part of the current closure). This better be a fabulous improvement for an additional $100.

--jo

Wow - I'm glad I locked ours in for December at the bargain rate of $499!

We are booked on the Epic in January, and I just went into our account to happily book our cabana for GSC. $549!!! What a shock. I am so disappointed. There is no way we would pay this amount.

This is insane.

(Is there still the one lonely hammock in the shade over in the old/original part of the beach? I will be headed for that.)