5:30 MDR & 7:30 Quartet on Getaway ?

tseitel

Hello. Do you think I will be ok time-wise with a 5:30 resv in Taste and then a 7:30 resv for Million Dollar Quartet? We are a party of 8, so I felt more comfortable making resv for dinner Thanks in advance !!

As soon as you are seated, be sure to notify your server that you have show reservations, so you'll need to be quick. If you need to, you can always skip dessert, and grab something after the show in order to save time. Also, show up with drinks if you desire them, because not having to wait on a ticket at the end to pay for drinks will also save time.

Doors to the theater will open at 7pm. There will be a line to get in, and key cards will be scanned as you enter. Everyone in your party will need to have their own card with them.

You shouldn't really have a problem.

Hello. Do you think I will be ok time-wise with a 5:30 resv in Taste and then a 7:30 resv for Million Dollar Quartet? We are a party of 8, so I felt more comfortable making resv for dinner Thanks in advance !!

Will it let you? When we sailed last month I had to go without an MDR reservation the night we did MDQ because the system thought there was an overlap in times (I chose to make a reservation for MDQ since I couldn't do both). We were a party of 5 on the Getaway and just showed up to the MDR at 5:30 and the place was truly empty. The server asked us if we had show reservations and we had no trouble getting out in time.

Actually, I haven't tried booking it, cause I didn't know if it was do-able. The website is only giving me 2 days to choose from. Is this normal? Is the show only 2 days? Or do more days open up as we get closer? ( today is my 90 day mark)

Actually, I haven't tried booking it, cause I didn't know if it was do-able. The website is only giving me 2 days to choose from. Is this normal? Is the show only 2 days? Or do more days open up as we get closer? ( today is my 90 day mark)

There are two shows on Thursday and two shows on Friday for MDQ-7:30 pm and 10 pm. Great fun!

Yes, there will probably just be an early and late show on 2 nights of the cruise. The theater is shared by multiple shows.

I doubt if you try to book both the show and dinner that close together the system will allow you to do it. Like jenf22, I wasn't able to make dinner reservations after making my show reservation on Epic. I suggest you make the reservation for whichever is most important to you first and then try to make the other reservation once you board the ship.

Edited by Quilting_Cruiser

We sail in Sept and have made reservations in the Tropicana room for 5:30 with MDQ res the same night at 7:30, so yes, you should be able to do this. Only reason we picked Tropicana is the Burn the Floor dancers do "Things that swing" at 6 pm this night and the following night "Leading me on" as well. That is, if the schedule remains the same as it has been. Last time we sailed the Getaway there were people all lined up outside the Tropicana waiting to enter to get seats right up front. We got great seats with the dancers right in front of us were awesome. You might want to choose a different restaurant on these nights if you aren't interested in this, as you say there are eight of you.

We did this in May for MDQ and Burn the Floor. Told the server we had reservations for the show and were in/out in plenty of time. We also had no issues booking both that close together. Have fun! :)

Thanks everyone for all the info! This will be our 1st NCL cruise, so as we get closer, I expect to be posting more questions! Lol

We had a family pow wow, and just decided to go with the 10:00pm show. It's not ideal, cause we are early risers, but hey, it's vacation!

The system would not let me book it anyway, due to the timing, & I feel more comfortable with actual reservations. Also, we decided we didn't really want to feel rushed during dinner, and having to keep checking our watches.

Thanks again everyone!!

Thanks everyone for all the info! This will be our 1st NCL cruise, so as we get closer, I expect to be posting more questions! Lol

We had a family pow wow, and just decided to go with the 10:00pm show. It's not ideal, cause we are early risers, but hey, it's vacation!

The system would not let me book it anyway, due to the timing, & I feel more comfortable with actual reservations. Also, we decided we didn't really want to feel rushed during dinner, and having to keep checking our watches.

Thanks again everyone!!

Welcome! If per chance, you do get done with dinner in time, you might want to go to the theater for the 7:30 show and see what kind of seats are left. It is a big theater. You might get in even without reservations. They are not reserved seats. Since my son is in the show, I went to all four shows! Two of the shows I did not have reservations. The theater was not entirely full (for any of the shows) so we went right in. Of course, you may not get right up front, but it is another option.

Curious Seminole/Mom, after seeing the show four times, where would you suggest the best location to see this show be? Last time on the Escape we sat towards the left of the stage in front of where the Haven guests were seated. Going to try to see the show two nights

Curious Seminole/Mom, after seeing the show four times, where would you suggest the best location to see this show be? Last time on the Escape we sat towards the left of the stage in front of where the Haven guests were seated. Going to try to see the show two nights

Full disclosure: I have seen it about 10 times as my son was in the show for 2 years in Chicago before it closed in January 2016 after 7 years! I know.:o

I guess it would depend on who your fav artist is. Sitting in the audience from left to right you have: Jerry Lee (Jared) on piano, Carl Perkins (lead guitar-my son Kurt), Elvis (Ben) and Johnny Cash (Will).

I personally like to sit towards the left side of the stage because you really need to be able to see Jerry Lee's fingers as he plays the piano. Down from the Haven seating on the left about half way up is good because you also want to see all the lights as they go across the ceiling.

I have seen four actors/musicians play JLL and they always steal the show! All of the actors are great as well!! They are triple threats because they have to act, sing and play their own instruments! Enjoy!

Full disclosure: I have seen it about 10 times as my son was in the show for 2 years in Chicago before it closed in January 2016 after 7 years! I know.:o

I guess it would depend on who your fav artist is. Sitting in the audience from left to right you have: Jerry Lee (Jared) on piano, Carl Perkins (lead guitar-my son Kurt), Elvis (Ben) and Johnny Cash (Will).

I personally like to sit towards the left side of the stage because you really need to be able to see Jerry Lee's fingers as he plays the piano. Down from the Haven seating on the left about half way up is good because you also want to see all the lights as they go across the ceiling.

I have seen four actors/musicians play JLL and they always steal the show! All of the actors are great as well!! They are triple threats because they have to act, sing and play their own instruments! Enjoy!

I really wish I knew the actor's name who played JLL when it first opened on Escape. He was so phenomenal. I'd definitely try to keep an eye on his career or check out other work if I had his name!

I really wish I knew the actor's name who played JLL when it first opened on Escape. He was so phenomenal. I'd definitely try to keep an eye on his career or check out other work if I had his name!

There were several Jerry Lee's that played on the Escape for various reasons. One of them was John Countryman. He was most likely not the first one tho. Not sure of the others. John worked in Chicago for awhile.

An actor has to be exceptional to play this artist!

There were several Jerry Lee's that played on the Escape for various reasons. One of them was John Countryman. He was most likely not the first one tho. Not sure of the others. John worked in Chicago for awhile.

An actor has to be exceptional to play this artist!

I know. I was so blown away by the talent of all the artists. It was on the Transatlantic when I saw it, so it was definitely the very first group.

You can always just get up and leave..skipping whatever is left on your plates..

I remember my first cruise ever with my DW..after the 3 course meal we were both sitting there waiting for the waited to bring the check...then after 15 mins and being asked numerous times if there is anything else we can get you...we realized we could just get up and leave...

enjoy the show..