Just off the Magic!

crusin'mom

I was just on the Magic out of Port Canaveral, Western Caribbean itinerary. I don't really have the time or talent to write a giant day by day review but would be willing to try and answer any specific questions anyone has about the ship, ports, etc. I was travelling with children so I didn't get to do/visit every where on the ship. Our ports were also rearranged due to medical emergency on the ship, so we did not get to visit Mahogany Bay as planned.

Was the staff rude and lacking knowledge and not smiling?

How was your room guy?

Was the food on Lido awful?

Did you have bed bugs?

Will you never sail Carnival again and go back to Royal?

Edited by stobe1

Did you have bed bugs?

LOL! I did read that review and am convinced there must be 2 Carnival Magic's! I commented several times on how nice the staff was. I never encountered anyone who wasn't willing to go out of their way to help. We were constantly greeted with "good morning", "good evening", "have a great day", etc. I have a 15 month old and was offered help several times while holding her and going through food lines. They offered to carry my plate, bring me things, get my drink. I thought the staff was amazing!

I didn't have any complaints about the food either. I am a picky eater, but that's on me, not on Carnival. There was still always something that I liked and I certainly didn't go hungry!

No itchiness or bed bugs in our cabins. And I've only sailed on Carnival and have no plans on changing!

I was just on the Magic out of Port Canaveral' date=' Western Caribbean itinerary. I don't really have the time or talent to write a giant day by day review but would be willing to try and answer any specific questions anyone has about the ship, ports, etc. I was travelling with children so I didn't get to do/visit every where on the ship. Our ports were also rearranged due to medical emergency on the ship, so we did not get to visit Mahogany Bay as planned.[/quote']

How old are the kids? Did they enjoy the camps?

How was your room guy?

Did you have bed bugs?

You win the internet today! LOL!

How old are the kids? Did they enjoy the camps?[/quote

My kids are 10, 7 and 15 months. The youngest of course could not attend, but the older two did enjoy them. The counselors seemed very nice and were very helpful. They didn't spend a ton of time there since we were in port a lot, but they did enjoy it when they did go. My 10 year old loved the scavenger hunts they had and my 7 year old little boy enjoyed getting his video game fix in occasionally, lol. The last night they had a little party and decorated tshirts that the kids all signed.

Sailing in August...how were the lines? Did the ship seem crowded? Pool? I too will my 4 boys...did they like the kids club?

Thanks!

I think our cruise was pretty much to capacity, but I still didn't think it seemed too crowded. Certain times of day of course, the waterworks area would be crowded with kids and not too many empty chairs. But it always cleared out in late afternoon when the early diners would be getting ready for dinner. The pools were pretty crowded at times, but sometimes in the evenings would barely have anyone in them. I didn't think lines for food were ever too bad. On port days breakfast lines were a little longer, but still never took more than 10 minutes to get through. The line for Guys Burgers was often long when everyone was getting back on the ship after a day in port, but those guys crank those burgers out and it probably never took more than 5 minutes to get through the line. Probably the longest line I waited in was for the Pig and Anchor BBQ and it was maybe 10-15 minutes on the last sea day. My kids did enjoy the kids club and would ask to go to certain things on the schedule. Counselors seemed very nice!

My kids are 10' date= 7 and 15 months. The youngest of course could not attend, but the older two did enjoy them. The counselors seemed very nice and were very helpful. They didn't spend a ton of time there since we were in port a lot, but they did enjoy it when they did go. My 10 year old loved the scavenger hunts they had and my 7 year old little boy enjoyed getting his video game fix in occasionally, lol. The last night they had a little party and decorated tshirts that the kids all signed.[/quote]

Thanks!

How early did the pool chairs fill up on sea days?

Just to reiterate, the lovely, and talented Mrs. Jones was on your cruise as well, and she had a FANTASTIC cruise. It was her 50th Carnival cruise, and according to her, her FAVORITE Carnival cruise as well. ;)

"SKY"

Thanks!

How early did the pool chairs fill up on sea days?

I didn't pay too much attention since we were usually up on the top at the waterworks area. The last sea day we went up around 9:30 and was able to easily get a seat up there. I would say around 11-3 were peak times for people using the pools and waterworks. Other times it wasn't too crowded.

Just to reiterate, the lovely, and talented Mrs. Jones was on your cruise as well, and she had a FANTASTIC cruise. It was her 50th Carnival cruise, and according to her, her FAVORITE Carnival cruise as well. ;)

"SKY"

50th???? That's awesome! It was only my second one, but I certainly enjoyed it. Hopefully I make it to 50 cruises someday!

My kids are 10' date= 7 and 15 months. The youngest of course could not attend, but the older two did enjoy them. The counselors seemed very nice and were very helpful. They didn't spend a ton of time there since we were in port a lot, but they did enjoy it when they did go. My 10 year old loved the scavenger hunts they had and my 7 year old little boy enjoyed getting his video game fix in occasionally, lol. The last night they had a little party and decorated tshirts that the kids all signed.[/quote]

My little one will be 13 months when I go on the Magic in January...any advise specific to sailing with a small toddler?

How was your room guy?

Did you have bed bugs?

LOL...I can't. :eek::D:D:D

How was your room guy?

Did you have bed bugs?

^^That^^ was great!! You were pretty quick too!

How was your room guy?

Did you have bed bugs?

:) I was gonna ask her the same thing! Glad you had a great cruise!

You win the internet today! LOL!

Agreed, cracked me up!

Have they built a pool on Serenity?? LOL

How were food temps? I've started saying the first night I've had problems with hot food being only warm and don't want that to happen and it has helped a lot.

Did you use the spa?

Edited by crusinpsychRN

Agreed, cracked me up!

Have they built a pool on Serenity?? LOL

How were food temps? I've started saying the first night I've had problems with hot food being only warm and don't want that to happen and it has helped a lot.

Did you use the spa?

No pool, lol.

I didn't get to use the spa :( Darn it for cruising with kids!

Our food temps were always good, didn't have any issues.

My little one will be 13 months when I go on the Magic in January...any advise specific to sailing with a small toddler?

My little one did great on the cruise and the crew was wonderful to her. Someone was always stopping to interact with her and greet her. Crew offered to help me several times while I was carrying her through a buffet line, or offered to get my drink for me. Everyone was super helpful. We only had the shower in our room, but it was never an issue for us. I simply had her sit down and took the shower head down and gave her a little mini-shower. I also did not take a stroller with us. I wore her several times in a carrier, especially when getting on and off the ship. But when on the ship she loved to run down the hall to our room and walk the decks with us. It was one of her favorite things to do. The people in the room beside us did have a stroller which they left parked in the hallway every night, so if you take a stroller that's an option also. There seemed to always be a highchair free in the Lido buffet area and a high chair was always provided for us in the main dining room. My little one still takes a bottle before bed and we could usually get milk from the buffet before a certain time. But if there was none left there a simple call to room service would have it delivered to us in just a few minutes. My little one also decided to spike a fever and be a fussy butt our second day at sea, so we ended up visiting the medical center. The doctor there was great! She ended up having an ear infection and he gave her some antibiotics. She felt much better by the next day. I hated that she was sick at first, but its nice to know now that the medical center can help out at times like that.

My little one did great on the cruise and the crew was wonderful to her. Someone was always stopping to interact with her and greet her. Crew offered to help me several times while I was carrying her through a buffet line' date=' or offered to get my drink for me. Everyone was super helpful. We only had the shower in our room, but it was never an issue for us. I simply had her sit down and took the shower head down and gave her a little mini-shower. I also did not take a stroller with us. I wore her several times in a carrier, especially when getting on and off the ship. But when on the ship she loved to run down the hall to our room and walk the decks with us. It was one of her favorite things to do. The people in the room beside us did have a stroller which they left parked in the hallway every night, so if you take a stroller that's an option also. There seemed to always be a highchair free in the Lido buffet area and a high chair was always provided for us in the main dining room. My little one still takes a bottle before bed and we could usually get milk from the buffet before a certain time. But if there was none left there a simple call to room service would have it delivered to us in just a few minutes. My little one also decided to spike a fever and be a fussy butt our second day at sea, so we ended up visiting the medical center. The doctor there was great! She ended up having an ear infection and he gave her some antibiotics. She felt much better by the next day. I hated that she was sick at first, but its nice to know now that the medical center can help out at times like that.[/quote']

Glad to hear she is ok. I'm happy you guys had a good time. I tried to get the FTTF yesterday for our January sailing and it was sold out :(. I figured it would be a less stressful check in and boarding experience with the little one. We are both experienced cruisers however we haven't cruised since becoming parents and are hoping it will be a good experience. We booked the deluxe oceanview cabin with the extra half bath which includes a tub...it was marginally more expensive and we figured it was a wise move. We do have an umbrella stroller that we plan on taking. We're hoping he will sleep peacefully in it because we don't want our night to be over when he goes down. He sleeps well in it now but who knows with the change of environment.

I tried to get the FTTF yesterday for our January sailing and it was sold out :(. .

Keep checking. They may open more up. They did on my Magic cruise after it being sold out a couple times. I didnt purchase it but I remember it being talked about in our Roll call and Facebook group.

Edited by ryano

Glad to hear you had a great cruise. We will be taking our kids aged 11 and 12 for the 1st time in April. They want to know about the arcade lol did your older kids go and how was it?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk