Question on boarding Carnival ship in San Juan

Ship departure time is 10 pm and our boarding passes say check in 2:30-8-30. Anyone have any idea if we can check our bags in before that cause we have to check out of our hotel at 11?

I sailed out of San Juan twice. The first time we were able to check in a little after 2 pm. The second time, we got FTTF so we boarded at noon. They were announcing that regular boarding would start at 2:30. Most hotels will store your luggage for you as well. I have heard of many others that were able to board well before 2:30 but you are really at the mercy of the Immigration officials allowing the boarding process to start. If you plan on showing up before 2:30 just be prepared to wait for quite a while in case you can't board early and the waiting area is very small. VERY small!

You can drop your luggage off around 10:30 - 11 to the porters. Then do a walking tour off Old San Juan.

We were able to check in and board around noon.

Same. When we sailed out of San Juan (albeit on RCL) we checked out of the hotel around 10:30, took a cab to the port and dropped our bags. They were already starting to check people in as well (though it was quite a line). I know some people get a cab, take it to the port, drop off the luggage and then take the cab back and do things for the day.

We cruised out of San Juan last November. We did just what you would like to do. Got to the port around 11 am, handed our luggage to the porters then walked around old San Juan and had a VERY strong pina colada at Barrachina, got back to the ship to check in around 1:30 and were able to walk right on the ship at that time.

You can drop your luggage off around 10:30 - 11 to the porters. Then do a walking tour off Old San Juan.

We were able to check in and board around noon.

We have sailed from San Juan over five times. We have had VIP access due to suite cabins and have met usually curbside with shuttle drop off in loop there at 10:35-10:40ish. A short one is starting by 10:39 am outside the gates area.

The porters happily take luggage- if you have platinum,VIP or FTTF make sure luggage is tagged accordingly by them as it Will go in different bin to be expedited sooner (hopefully.)

We were usually let in approx 11:00 am (even though they said oh- 11:30) walked down the under cover secured sidewalk area, into building and up escalator where get sign n'sail cards. The VIP lounge is on far right as you come in and basically do a u-turn around wall. We have photo time stamps showing us on the gangway at 12:05pm.

The other boarding groups followed shortly afterwards.

Another option is- before or after dropping off luggage is sanjuansegwaytourspr.com

They have a small office on same side where tours start, and could store luggage there I am sure. It is at pier down past Senior Frogs. Highly recommend their tours. We did the longer tour and saw a lot. Never having been on a segway had it mastered in 5-10 min. Was sure great seeing the fort and not having to walk up that hill! I'd probably take a later tour being able drop off luggage,eat and then go see sights on a segway.

One thing about the porters, at least in May...they did not have the orange tags to put on the luggage if you get expedited luggage. Go past the porters and a bit down the way there was a podium on the left for luggage checkin for all the luggage that gets the Orange tags. Luckily the luggage I gave to the porters did get an orange tag afterward, but I was a little unsure. The porters in San Juan are a little on the aggressive side for tips.