Question re: Anthem - 5 Night Bermuda Trip

Hi cruisers!

I haven't been on RCCL since I was a teenager, so this will essentially be my first time on this line again, and I have a few questions about the 5 night Anthem trip to Bermuda.

Entertainment

I am trying to finalize my reservation for "We Will Rock You" and am already booked for Day 4. I read in a Compass that it was held on the 4th night on a June cruise, so now I'm thinking I should change my schedule. What night do they traditionally hold The Quest on the 5-day Bermuda cruise?

Dining

• Is it possible or standard to get a table for 2 when you do dynamic dining?
  • As far as dining duration, I see it suggests 2 hours. I'm unable to get any dinner reservations 2 hours prior to my show times. Will the waiter be able to get me out of the restaurant faster or should I try to get earlier times once I'm on the ship? The times I'm looking for are unavailable online of course.

Other Reservations

Since I just booked about a few days ago, I could not get any iFly reservations, and this is definitely on my to-do list. What's the standard wait time if you don't have a reservation? Everyone will want to do this on a sea-day of course, but that's just the nature of the game.

Bermuda

- I'll check on the port boards as well, but curious to hear your experiences too.

• Have any of you purchased a day pass at a Bermuda resort? I'm wondering if pricing is reasonable?

• Ideally, we would like to jet ski in Bermuda. Any recommendations on where we can do this affordably?

• And finally, what is the cost of a taxi to Horseshoe Bay Beach? Has anyone taken a taxi to Tobacco Bay Beach? That was my favorite, but it's a good distance from the port.

Thanks in advance for the info! Looking forward to cruising again since it's been a few years for me. :p

Entertainment

I am trying to finalize my reservation for "We Will Rock You" and am already booked for Day 4. I read in a Compass that it was held on the 4th night on a June cruise, so now I'm thinking I should change my schedule. What night do they traditionally hold The Quest on the 5-day Bermuda cruise?

On our 6/25/2016 Bermuda cruise, The Quest was on day 4 at 11:30pm

Dining

Is it possible or standard to get a table for 2 when you do dynamic dining?

We were seated at a two top every night without requesting it. This ship seems to have a lot more smaller tables than most cruise ships.

As far as dining duration, I see it suggests 2 hours. I'm unable to get any dinner reservations 2 hours prior to my show times. Will the waiter be able to get me out of the restaurant faster or should I try to get earlier times once I'm on the ship? The times I'm looking for are unavailable online of course.

We were generally out of dinner in just over an hour. YMMV

Hope that helps. Have a great time!

Hi cruisers!

I haven't been on RCCL since I was a teenager, so this will essentially be my first time on this line again, and I have a few questions about the 5 night Anthem trip to Bermuda.

Bermuda

- I'll check on the port boards as well, but curious to hear your experiences too.

• Have any of you purchased a day pass at a Bermuda resort? I'm wondering if pricing is reasonable?

• Ideally, we would like to jet ski in Bermuda. Any recommendations on where we can do this affordably?

• And finally, what is the cost of a taxi to Horseshoe Bay Beach? Has anyone taken a taxi to Tobacco Bay Beach? That was my favorite, but it's a good distance from the port.

You can purchase a day pass at the Coco Reef Resort. Price is $69P/P and includes access to the beach and pool with loungers & towels provided, and a leisurely lunch with a complimentary glass of wine. Reservations are recommended.

Taxi fare, one way, to HSB is $34.50 for 1 to 4 passengers, $43.50, 5 to 7 passengers, plus tip, weekday & Saturday travel.

Taxi fare, one way, Dockyard to TB is about $76 for 1 to 4 passengers, $96, 5 to 7 passengers, plus tip, weekday & Saturday travel. But why would you take a taxi when you could take the ferry to St George and walk to TB??? Unless your visit is on a weekend, is it? Ferry fare is $4.50 token.

For jet skiing, read here. You can not go out alone on a jet ski. You go out as part of group with a group leader.

SBtS

IFly may be completely booked if you are going in July/August. Check as soon as you get on the ship to try to get a reservation. They do not seem to allow standby. Our group did it on our 6/30 cruise and it was great fun. Good luck.

Hi cruisers!

Entertainment

Dining

• Is it possible or standard to get a table for 2 when you do dynamic dining?
  • As far as dining duration, I see it suggests 2 hours. I'm unable to get any dinner reservations 2 hours prior to my show times. Will the waiter be able to get me out of the restaurant faster or should I try to get earlier times once I'm on the ship? The times I'm looking for are unavailable online of course.

Other Reservations

Since I just booked about a few days ago, I could not get any iFly reservations, and this is definitely on my to-do list. What's the standard wait time if you don't have a reservation? Everyone will want to do this on a sea-day of course, but that's just the nature of the game.

Bermuda

Thanks in advance for the info! Looking forward to cruising again since it's been a few years for me. :p

You can purchase a day pass at the Coco Reef Resort. Price is $69P/P and includes access to the beach and pool with loungers & towels provided, and a leisurely lunch with a complimentary glass of wine. Reservations are recommended.

Taxi fare, one way, to HSB is $34.50 for 1 to 4 passengers, $43.50, 5 to 7 passengers, plus tip, weekday & Saturday travel.

Taxi fare, one way, Dockyard to TB is about $76 for 1 to 4 passengers, $96, 5 to 7 passengers, plus tip, weekday & Saturday travel. But why would you take a taxi when you could take the ferry to St George and walk to TB??? Unless your visit is on a weekend, is it? Ferry fare is $4.50 token.

For jet skiing, read here. You can not go out alone on a jet ski. You go out as part of group with a group leader.

SBtS

Wow - all great info!!!! Thanks for so many details.

I didn't expect taxis to be that high, and last time we took the bus. I was thinking of going the taxi route because we are only in port for 2 days, so wanted to get to my destinations quickly. But we did take the bus and ferry last time in Bermuda, and it was fine, but I didn't remember how long/short the travel time was. Our visit is not on a weekend - it's a Tues & Weds, so the ferry should be just fine for us.. Thanks again.

Also, thanks for the resort & jet ski info! I'll take a better look at it.

Guest maddycat

I don't know if this applies to a 5 night Bermuda cruise. When we were on the Anthem in April (10 night cruise) we saw We Will Rock You in the afternoon. We were happy that we decided to see it at that time. It left the evenings free for other entertainment. Besides the main shows that we pre-booked, there were also guest entertainers.

Wow - all great info!!!! Thanks for so many details.

I didn't expect taxis to be that high, and last time we took the bus. I was thinking of going the taxi route because we are only in port for 2 days, so wanted to get to my destinations quickly. But we did take the bus and ferry last time in Bermuda, and it was fine, but I didn't remember how long/short the travel time was. Our visit is not on a weekend - it's a Tues & Weds, so the ferry should be just fine for us.. Thanks again.

Also, thanks for the resort & jet ski info! I'll take a better look at it.

Check out the Bermuda forum in the port of call section. The taxi rates are as quoted but there are also small shuttles that run to Horseshoe Bay for $7 pp. They are small vans that just fill up and leave, we plan on taking one of those instead of a taxi.