Another kids menu question

heffa72

I have a picky eater but want him to join us for dinner most nights. He eats peanut butter sandwiches (no jelly) and I noticed that they have PB&J on the menu. Is that a premade PB&J (lunchable) they sever or will I be lucky enough to special order a "PB&J Hold the Jelly" when we dine in the MDR?

And does the kids menu stay the same every day or will they swap out options (i.e. grilled cheese) from time to time? There's only so much chicken nuggets or PB I can sever him at dinner, lol. (Ah...the life of a pickey eater.)

My (adult) daughter is the same way (PB, hold the J). She tried to order it that way from room service and was told that the sandwiches were already made with the jelly on them. Not sure if it would be the same in the MDR.

The menu stays the same but they will add a "special" or two to switch it up. He could also order something from the adult menu if by some reason it's something he'll eat. Another idea is sit with him in the buffet a little before your actual dinner to let him pick and choose what he might like. Then he can join you in the MDR. Maybe pick off your plate or just keep himself with entertained with the kids activity sheet and have dessert with you there?

Not sure if they can make a special peanut butter sandwich, but they do try their best to accommodate!

I believe can order just plain. Pasta (noodles) too if need be.

Keep your chin up- our son too would only eat similar items. Now on his own eats very fresh,vegetables, fish,sushi you name it. Once a girl gets involved in life, amazing what they will eat!

Edited by Buffettfan 225

I have a picky eater but want him to join us for dinner most nights. He eats peanut butter sandwiches (no jelly) and I noticed that they have PB&J on the menu. Is that a premade PB&J (lunchable) they sever or will I be lucky enough to special order a "PB&J Hold the Jelly" when we dine in the MDR?

And does the kids menu stay the same every day or will they swap out options (i.e. grilled cheese) from time to time? There's only so much chicken nuggets or PB I can sever him at dinner, lol. (Ah...the life of a pickey eater.)

Yes, your son can order just a peanut butter sandwich in the dining room. Let your wait team know that he doesn't eat jelly.

FYI, there is peanut butter and bread available in the Lido buffet should he want a sandwich during the day. (No need to bring your own pb.)

On our Hawaiian cruise I would ask for just white bread for my kids who would only eat bread and butter for breakfast. Lots of smiles and laughs from people who watched me walk to the table with half a loaf of sliced bread each morning! Carnival has always been exceptionally accommodating with my picky eaters. Only place we ran into trouble was at the Sea Day Brunch. We've never managed to get just an order of fries there. They pretty much stick to the printed menu there.

One of our picky eaters discovered a passion for salmon while on a cruise. You never know when a kids palate will "mature". A bite from grandpa's fish and she was hooked!

Enjoy the experience. Best part is having someone else cater to the kids' for their picky habits. I love that!

Jennifer

Are the pb&j sandwiches toasted in the mdr? I know our room service ones were and my kids prefer untoasted. [emoji3] room service can make them untoasted so that makes me think they are not premade.

When I was not feeling well on a cruise, not stomach related, all I wanted was a baked potato. It took them 3 tries one night to bring me one that was done but I had one for 4 nights. They were very willing to bring me whatever I wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums