Navigator & Starbucks

Hi,

Could someone confirm there is a Starbucks on Navigator please?

Also, is Starbucks included in any of the drinks packages? I have a select drinks package and was thinking of upgrading the DW to the top package which includes speciality coffees etc but I have read a few different reports, some say Starbucks isn't included and some say it is.

Any help would be much appreciated.

cheers

Rob

I'm not aware of a Starbucks being on the Navigator. That being said, the cafe promenade MAY serve Starbucks.

Speciality coffees are included from the cafe, just not standalone Starbucks (only on the Oasis class vessels)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It's also important to note that if someone says they are serving coffee with Startbucks beans in Cafe Promenade now, there is no guarantee that will be the case in a few months. I've see ships serve Starbucks, Seattle's Best, and Illy lately.

If the brand of coffee is that important, then don't buy a package until you get onboard and confirm the brand of coffee beans that will be used during the cruise.

As you have the select package included - you cant upgrade before boarding :( so best to check whats on offer on the day etc and then upgrade accordingly! I cant even tell you what cost it is as its different ship to ship and different itinerary. Im on it in just over two weeks time :)

Edited by densol

They were serving starbucks on navigator in may when we were on it.

And it was served in cafe promenade. My wife had the royal replenish package and it was included.

Edited by miketingle
more info

I don't drink coffee so I didn't order anything but I was on the Navigator a month ago and they had a Starbucks counter right by café promenade. Just a counter, not a full storefront. I think it wasn't included though, unless you had the ultimate package. My friends had the ultimate and they said the Starbucks guys knew them because they got drinks there every morning. The included coffee in the café was Seattle's Best.

Edited by makiramarlena

OP, if you are using "Starbucks" in a general sense to mean "espresso-shop type of drinks", then yes that's included with Replenish and Ultimate. There's no actual "Starbucks", it's just a non-branded espresso stand.

If you were on a ship with an actual real Starbucks, it would NOT be included with any of the packages. But you could use your Replenish or Ultimate package at the non-branded espresso kiosk on the same ship.

makiramarlena, it's not a "Starbucks". It's an espresso kiosk that apparently on your sailing was using Starbucks beans and therefore had some logos around (Freedom has the same thing). But it's not an actual Starbucks. It's a "proudly serving Starbucks brand" sort of place.

OP if you're using "Starbucks" properly, as in "I want a proper Starbucks with trained baristas etc etc", then no, there's no such place on that ship, and if there were the package wouldn't include it.

OP, if you are using "Starbucks" in a general sense to mean "espresso-shop type of drinks", then yes that's included with Replenish and Ultimate. There's no actual "Starbucks", it's just a non-branded espresso stand.

If you were on a ship with an actual real Starbucks, it would NOT be included with any of the packages. But you could use your Replenish or Ultimate package at the non-branded espresso kiosk on the same ship.

makiramarlena, it's not a "Starbucks". It's an espresso kiosk that apparently on your sailing was using Starbucks beans and therefore had some logos around (Freedom has the same thing). But it's not an actual Starbucks. It's a "proudly serving Starbucks brand" sort of place.

OP if you're using "Starbucks" properly, as in "I want a proper Starbucks with trained baristas etc etc", then no, there's no such place on that ship, and if there were the package wouldn't include it.

Had a Starbucks sign on it. A full neon sign. But yes it was just a counter and what looked like one coffee machine. I didn't get anything from there so I have no idea what kind of drinks they were serving but they had specialty coffees, yes (probably espresso and lattes, nothing like a frappucino). As for the selection, probably nowhere near what an actual Starbucks offers. And yes, people on the ultimate package were getting drinks there.

Edited by makiramarlena

• 1 month later...

Just been on Navigator and categorically there is a Starbucks on Deck 5, adjacent to the Cafe Promenade.

All drinks from there are included in the Royal Replenish package including extra shots, syrup etc. In my view, decent value if you have at least one a day. Sadly the Ben & Jerry's next to it is not free............

Just been on Navigator and categorically there is a Starbucks on Deck 5, adjacent to the Cafe Promenade.

All drinks from there are included in the Royal Replenish package including extra shots, syrup etc. In my view, decent value if you have at least one a day. Sadly the Ben & Jerry's next to it is not free............

I think it's a matter of semantics, but that is not considered a Starbucks, even though it sells products with Starbucks coffee beans.

Did you try using a Starbucks gift card there? That would be one of the real tests.

I came off the navigator yesterday and it definately is Starbucks sold and served in Starbucks logo take away cups. I don't know if it is included in any of the beverage packageas as I pay as I go - however a Starbucks medium hot chocolate cost $4.95.

I came off the navigator yesterday and it definately is Starbucks sold and served in Starbucks logo take away cups. I don't know if it is included in any of the beverage packageas as I pay as I go - however a Starbucks medium hot chocolate cost $4.95.

Yes, the coffee beverages at the venue next to Cafe Promenade with the Starbucks sign are included in the Replenish and Ultimate packages.

Had a Starbucks sign on it. A full neon sign. But yes it was just a counter and what looked like one coffee machine. I didn't get anything from there so I have no idea what kind of drinks they were serving but they had specialty coffees, yes (probably espresso and lattes, nothing like a frappucino). As for the selection, probably nowhere near what an actual Starbucks offers. And yes, people on the ultimate package were getting drinks there.

They actually will do frap drinks as well.

It doesn't matter if they had a sign or anything on Navigator. ONLY Oasis/Allure and some/all of the newer ships have an actual Starbucks.

The others have kiosks that serve, maybe, Starbucks espresso.

If you can use your Replenish or Ultimate there, it's not considered a Starbucks.

If you can't, then you're on O or A or Harmony etc, and it's "a Starbucks".

But if you're on those ships and you have one of those packages that you want to use for espresso etc, then go to the non-branded kiosks onboard.

If it had a name like Cafe Promenade, if it said (painfully) Expresso; if it had "proudly serving Starbucks", it's not a Starbucks.

This is labelled as a stock picture from Navigator: http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/7d0e79b144c4410594b590b508c11b42/cruise-passengers-sit-at-expresso-bar-on-royal-promenade-deck-of-royal-b809re.jpg

And if it's NOT a Starbucks, then you can use your Replenish or Ultimate packages there. (but you can't use your Starbucks giftcard)

And yes it's semantics, but it's important. Because Starbucks isn't "Starbucks" when it comes to the drinks packages. It's important to know what's included and what you might be getting or not getting.

Edited by mollyeilis