Price adjustment - doubtful

thall1719

Twice now I have found our cruise cheaper on the carnival website only to be told once that we would have to change our rooms and they couldn't guarantee to be close to each other (have two adjoining rooms)...

and secondly that there were no balconies available, when their sites shows availability....

Kinda like buying a TV, Best buy has same TV as ABC but the model number is 1 letter off just so they don't have to price match....

:rolleyes:

When price matching you have to match to your exact category then you don't have to move cabins. In addition, if you want a guarantee rate (which is usually lower) then you have to give up your cabin and go into the guarantee pool. You also cannot match to a lower category.

Since I am not sure which you are trying to do, I cannot tell you exactly. However, when your category is sold out, then you have nothing to price match to. So, they could mean that the category of cabin you are in have no more balconies availably.

Twice now I have found our cruise cheaper on the carnival website only to be told once that we would have to change our rooms and they couldn't guarantee to be close to each other (have two adjoining rooms)...

and secondly that there were no balconies available, when their sites shows availability....

Kinda like buying a TV, Best buy has same TV as ABC but the model number is 1 letter off just so they don't have to price match....

:rolleyes:

Since you have not given any specifics as to what you are wanting to do, I will put my money on carnival making the correct call.

I love how people that do not understand the program are so quick to accuse carnival of playing fast and loose with the program where I have found them to be spot on every time I have used it.

Now with y that said, they have on rare occasions made an error which is why if you want to come on here and make an accusation, you should spell out what you are wanting to do and why you think carnival made an error.

Then people that understand the program could give you a second opinion.

What is a guaranty rate? When I try to book I don't see that? Only Early Saver

Also where do you see category? I never see anything that tells me what category I am choosing only that it is a balcony or ocean view, or interior. Are there different categories of balconies?

1. During booking when it comes time to pick your room they will offer you a choice of you picking the stateroom or letting them pick it. They guarantee you a room in the category you are looking for (balcony/oceanview/inside/whatever) and they charge you less than if you pick it yourself. Not every booking gets the choice though and I do not know how it's determined when they will or won't.

2. If you go to explore the ships (on Carnival' site) and look at the deck plans for each floor, every room will have a color and the legend on the right shows what category each color is for the floor you are looking at. I don't remember if they also show it when looking at cabins to pick when booking. I can't remember where but I have seen a table of all the cabin classes and a brief explanation for each.

I have an 8C balcony on Conquest Saturday. There are other balconies considered worse and better but for the purposes of price-matching the OP must compare his class to the same class. I'd have to look at other 8C balconies, not just any balconies.

If you look at your confirmation documents it should tell you which category you booked. Once you have that go to this link

https://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/#

And you will be able to see how much balconies in your category are selling for. You can't compare just balcony to balcony, a cove balcony on deck 2 would be much cheaper than aft wrap balcony on deck 8. You have to compare apples to apples. I've had several price drops for different cruises and they have always been honored.

See, this makes no sense to me. On my 2013 cruise, instead of taking price drops, I switched cabin locations 4 TIMES (okay, really 3, but if you count my original cabin, it was 4). I went from a 6A OV to a 6C OV to a 8D BAL to a 8E BAL. Did not pay anything additional for any of this moving around and had booked early saver.

For my upcoming cruise, seems I cannot move at all. And all because I chose my room. Well, I chose my room--multiple times--on the 2013 cruise as well.

Pricing aren't dropping like they did then, that's for sure.

And you have to be comparing to the same cabin capacity - a cabin for two to another cabin for two, or four/four...EM

That's not true. It just has to be the same category. I have a 4 person 8J on my next cruise and it is the only one. I've gotten $200 in price drops.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I suspect they are trying to price match a gty rate or they're category of balcony is sold out and are trying to match another category.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Most likely this is it. Looks like they are 8D adjoining balconies.