2nd time on Carnival, 1st fun, 2nd gross...

luv2sleep

I would of been disgusted too!! I check the bed sheets at all hotels and cruises, but maybe I will pull down ALL the way next time. Wiped down the cabinet with Lysol wipes first thing... I was glad to see plenty of hand sanitizer stations everywhere, but do they enforce it no... I don't know of any that doe now a days.... On NCL a few years ago I remember having greeters sing a sing and remind you to sanitize before entering! I do believe hand washing is best...

Crack up!!!!!!!!! All oh so true!! I wiped down the entire room before getting comfortable.

OP I can totally understand how you could get the heebie-jeebies over the sheets and bed. EW , Nasty, Gross, YUCK! Hubby used to laugh at my "system" of doing things onboard but after I pointed out numerous things to him he is now a believer!

I Lysol wipe and Spray everything, handles, remotes, fixtures, switches.

I check the bed and under the bed. I hit the closet shelves with a Lysol Wipe. That's my in room ritual ;)

I use my elbow to hit the elevator button and I don't touch railings.

But I'm big on GermX or hand sanitizers because it's affording you SOME kind of protection on the fly. Sure you can go wash your hands BEFORE hitting the buffet but when you've watch someone leave the bathroom without washing, scratch their private areas or dig so far up their butt to pull out their swimsuit that you only see their elbow then they go use the tongs/utensils ..well yeah I'm using the GERMX right before my full body hazmat shower:eek: People are gross and nasty and some of them are proud of it.