Iconic Islands

We are due to sail in about 6 weeks on Dream (Iconic Islands)

Ports of call are mainly Greek Islands but we are due to dock in Bodrum Turkey, probably because of duty free.

I was just wondering if this will still go ahead in light of the recent problems in Turkey?

Any thoughts?

Ports of call are mainly Greek Islands but we are due to dock in Bodrum Turkey, probably because of duty free.

I was just wondering if this will still go ahead in light of the recent problems in Turkey?

Any thoughts?

We visited Chesme on Dream last week during the attempted coup. No problems at all and a lovely place albeit very quiet visitor wise so almost certain you will go.

Any thoughts?

We visited Cesme on Dream last week during the attempted coup. No problems at all and a lovely place albeit very quiet visitor wise so almost certain you will go.

BTW don't get too excited about seeing Santorini. We were blown off this week (captain admitted Dream is under powered for the prevailing winds) and apparently they have only managed to get in once in 5 schedules this season. We were also blown off from Aghious Nickolias and ended up visiting Crete twice (Heraklion then Chania) with extra sea time both days. Probably needs to be removed from the itinerary if Dream is doing that route.

BTW don't get too excited about seeing Santorini. We were blown off this week (captain admitted Dream is under powered for the prevailing winds) and apparently they have only managed to get in once in 5 schedules this season. We were also blown off from Aghious Nickolias and ended up visiting Crete twice (Heraklion then Chania) with extra sea time both days. Probably needs to be removed from the itinerary if Dream is doing that route.

We went to Santorini back in May and should have docked at 7am but eventually docked at 10am. The captain seems very nervous of stopping here but there were 2 other ships already. He said there is only 1 anchor point and other ships have to effectively 'tread water'. I guess this would cost more in fuel. As the other 2 ships were already there, I feel there would have been a mutiny if Dream could not have stopped. Perhaps Thomson should remove Santorini from the Dream's itinerary if she cannot stop there.

Wwwhhhooooooaaaaaa ,,,I'm not liking the sound of this,,the Dream is underpowered for the prevailing winds! does she not have warp engines? :eek:

Dronny has described almost word for word the spiel the Captain gave us last week. In his defence the wind was 30 knots gusting to over 40 so it was fairly breezy ! Thomson's don't appear to have first dibs on the better, more sheltered anchorages off Santorini (it's a tender port) and it's difficult to hold position never mind tender in that sort of wind however there appears to have been that sort of weather down their all season (beautifully sunny and warm but breezy). Santorini is one of the main attractions in that week and a lot of passengers were left disappointed however plenty on board were aware that there had been problems gettinhg ashore there all season. As I say it should probably be dropped from the itineray if the situation continues.

Thanks for the heads up regarding Santorini.

I must admit, this was one of the highlights I was looking forward to, but if you can't get in safely, it's a no brainer.

Fingers crossed that the wind drops.